KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Occult Cases

Occult Cases
Started by: The Big O

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Big O
The Original O

Occult Cases

Occult Cases revolves around three brothers - Jason and Aaron Berkhardt and Maxwell "Max" Sayre. Max is the former two's half-brother due to an affair of their father. They had an older brother named James who died two years ago.

The three brothers' father, Christopher Berkhardt, has just died. While the two brothers know absolutely nothing about the younger and vice versa, the elder two's mother - Kerry Berkhardt - knows about Max and his mother Asha Sayre, although the latter knows nothing.

Another thing the boys know nothing about is the fact that their father and eldest brother were supernatural police officers and that they've just inherited the deceased's line of work.

This is a supernatural crime drama type RP. The boys will become police officers of the supernatural community effectively immediately once they meet each other and they will also receive a predetermined power upon meeting. Their job will be to keep order within the supernatural community. They will receive their missions from the 88th Precinct, a precinct that deals solely with the occult cases.

There are not many OPOs (Occult Police Officers) and the line of work is extensively dangerous. The only way for the brothers to survive is to work together both as a team and as family.

Can they do it?

Characters:

~ Jason Berkhardt is 26 years old and works at a radio station. He desires to have children of his own one day. He is afraid of losing a brother and spiders. He had the hardest time accepting the death of his older brother, James. He is now getting acclimated to being the oldest brother,

Jason's personality can be described as the most kind, caring and paternal of his brothers. He can be very sarcastic and quick-witted. He is a confident, take-charge, quite comedic cynical guy.

After he meets his younger, half-brother, Max, he will gain the power to slow down molecules to the point that they stop moving completely and the object(s)/person(s) appear to be frozen in time. This power is called Molecular Immobilization.

~ Aaron Berkhardt is 24 years old and has just graduated from college with a degree in psychology. He desires to find true love and is afraid of turning evil. Aaron was devastated by the death of his elder brother, James, but he tried to remain strong and collected for Jason's sake. He quickly accepts Max as a brother and he is also the brother with the most lively love life.

Aaron's personality can be described as rebellious and courageous. He's not afraid to try new things, a trait that his older brothers admired and envied. He can also be restless, impatient and quick-witted. Aaron is sensitive and compassionate towards others thanks to his psychology degree (and later, this grows exponentially because of his powers) and gives very sound advice.

He also has a creative mind and a very good memory. He is street smart, as he can pick locks and pockets and is fiercely loyal to the people he loves.

Once he meets Max, Aaron will gain the power to sense and manipulate the emotions of others. This power is called Empathy.

~ Max Sayre is 19 years old and a college student studying Art History. He desires to feel like he belongs and he suffers from claustrophobia. After he finds out that he has two brothers and who his father is, Aaron struggles to deal with this. He is from South Wales and is half-black due to his mother being a black Britain.

Max is stubborn, strong-willed, defiant, clever and independent. During his early to mid teens, Max was a rebel like his older brother Aaron. He used to smoke and at one time was an alcoholic. However, he matured heavily when his grandfather died of liver failure because of his drinking problem.

Max is not one for tradition or mainstream things. He prides himself on what he calls his "weirdness," and usually desires for his love interests to be weird as well.

When he meets his two older brothers, Max will gain the ability to alter the density of his body's molecular structure so that he can become intangible to pass through solid matter. This power is called Phasing.

~ Kerry Berkhardt is Jason and Aaron mother. She is seen as a clever woman. She knew of Chris' affair and after doing some investigating of her own, she found out about Max and his mother Asha. She also knew of Chris and James' work in the supernatural community. She is resourceful and determined and is a kind woman but aggressive when she needs to be.

~ Asha Sayre is Max's mother from South Wales. She met Chris Berkhardt when he was on a mission in Great Britain 20 years ago. She quickly fell in love with Chris and was hurt when he didn't reciprocate her feelings. She knew nothing of his family in the States and still doesn't. She is meek and shy but isn't afraid to stand up for herself and protect her son.

These are the five core characters of the RP. More will be added at a later time but you are free to make your own character that I will have to approve. Your character can be any type of supernatural creature (within reason) or a normal human. There are to be no characters that are not of supernatural origin (IE, aliens, robots, cyborgs, anime characters, blah blah blah.)

If you want powers for your character, keep in mind that they will possess only one (1) base power. Over time, however, the power may grow to become more powerful or your character may develop a new power altogether.

I will also be PMing you to let you know when and how your powers are growing and what you are now capable of doing with them if you choose one of the two remaining brothers.

Standard rules for a Hosted RP are in effect. If I really need to post them, I will. But we've all been here long enough to know them. I will say that I don't want to see characters knowing something they shouldn't know.

I have control of Aaron. Choose or make your character. If you want to make a more descriptive character sheet, please feel free.

I will be PMing the missions to anyone who warrants one. But in the meantime, flesh out your characters and create a story. You all don't have to be a part of the same story but don't get too crazy. I reserve the right to change anything that won't benefit the RP or is far to insane to work with.

Any questions, comments, requests, or observations, please feel free to ask via PMing me.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Last edited by The Big O on May 9th, 2012 at 04:21 PM

Old Post May 9th, 2012 04:18 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

jesse open?

Lilypop Shots on XBOX
Lilipopshots on insragram

Old Post May 9th, 2012 05:29 PM
(>^^)> is currently offline Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

I think you mean Jason and yeah he is.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post May 9th, 2012 05:32 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DangerousBeauty

i call kerry

Old Post May 9th, 2012 05:33 PM
DangerousBeauty is currently offline Click here to Send DangerousBeauty a Private Message Find more posts by DangerousBeauty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

Me - Aaron
DB - Kerry
Eh - Jason(?)

Old Post May 9th, 2012 05:41 PM
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Big O
Me - Aaron
DB - Kerry
Eh - Jason(?)

ya i totally confused it with the other rp you just posted, i thought it was you reposting this stuff but finalized so i just skimmed down to the characters embarrasment
but jason totes

Lilypop Shots on XBOX

Old Post May 9th, 2012 05:43 PM
(>^^)> is currently offline Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

I got you.

Me - Aaron
DB - Kerry
Eh - Jason

Old Post May 9th, 2012 05:51 PM
The Big O
The Original O

We can't start until the positions of Max and Asha are filled.

Old Post May 12th, 2012 03:54 AM
starryknight

I will be Asha if it helps...hopefully I can be more involved with these rps soon.

Old Post May 12th, 2012 05:16 AM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Big O
Me - Aaron
DB - Kerry
Eh - Jason
Starry - Asha

Old Post May 12th, 2012 07:26 PM
The Big O
The Original O

If I have to be Max so this doesn't die before it starts, sobeit.

Old Post May 15th, 2012 12:38 AM
The Big O
The Original O

So, um... Are you guys still interested in this because I'd totally open this with controlling two main characters?

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 04:56 PM
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

yup

Lilypop Shots on XBOX

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 10:20 PM
DangerousBeauty

yep

Old Post May 24th, 2012 02:45 AM
DangerousBeauty is currently offline Click here to Send DangerousBeauty a Private Message Find more posts by DangerousBeauty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

Okay. I'll try to post the RP thread later tonight but for are tomorrow.

Old Post May 25th, 2012 10:12 PM
The Big O
The Original O

Did anyone get the PMs I sent out?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2012 09:39 PM
The Big O
The Original O

Re: Occult Cases

Occult Cases revolves around three brothers - James and Aaron Berkhardt and Maxwell "Max" Sayre. Max is the former two's half-brother due to an affair of their father 20 years ago. They had an older brother named Brad who died two years ago.

The three brothers' father, Christopher Berkhardt, has just died. While the two brothers know absolutely nothing about the younger and vice versa, the elder two's mother - Kerry Berkhardt - knows about Max and his mother Asha Sayre, although the latter knows nothing.

Another thing the boys know nothing about is the fact that their father and eldest brother were supernatural police officers and that they've just inherited the deceased's line of work.[/b]

This is a supernatural crime drama type RP. The boys will become police officers of the supernatural community effectively immediately once they meet each other and they will also receive a predetermined power upon meeting. Their job will be to keep order within the supernatural community. They will receive their missions from the 88th Precinct, a precinct that deals solely with the occult cases.

There are not many OPOs (Occult Police Officers) and the line of work is extensively dangerous. The only way for the brothers to survive is to work together both as a team and as family.

Characters:

~ James Berkhardt is 26 years old and works at a radio station. He had the hardest time accepting the death of his older brother, Brad as they were the closest. He is now getting acclimated to being the oldest brother.

James' personality can be described as the most kind, caring and paternal of his brothers. He can be very sarcastic and quick-witted. He is a confident, take-charge guy who can also be quite comedic and cynical.

After he meets his younger, half-brother, Max, he will gain the power to slow down molecules to the point that they stop moving completely and the object(s)/person(s) appear to be frozen in time. This power is called Molecular Immobilization.

~ Aaron Berkhardt is 24 years old and has just graduated from college with a BA in Psychology. Aaron was devastated by the death of his elder brother, James, but he tried to remain strong and collected for James' sake. He quickly accepts Max as a brother and he is also the brother with the most lively love life.

Aaron's personality can be described as rebellious and courageous. He's not afraid to try new things, a trait that his older brothers admired and envied. He can also be restless, impatient and quick-witted. Aaron is sensitive and compassionate towards others thanks to his psychology degree (and later, this grows exponentially because of his powers) and gives very sound advice.

He also has a creative mind and a very good memory. He is street smart, as he can pick locks and pockets and is fiercely loyal to the people he loves.

Once he meets Max, Aaron will gain the power to sense and manipulate the emotions of others. This power is called Empathy.

~ Max Sayre is 20 years old and a college student studying Art History. He desires to feel like he belongs and he suffers from claustrophobia. After he finds out that he has two brothers and who his father is, Aaron struggles to deal with this. He is from South Wales and is half-black due to his mother being a black Britain.

Max is stubborn, strong-willed, defiant, clever and independent. During his early to mid teens, Max was a rebel like his older brother Aaron. He used to smoke and at one time was an alcoholic. However, he matured heavily and quit drinking and smoking when his grandfather died of liver failure because of his drinking problem.

Max is not one for tradition or mainstream things. He prides himself on what he calls his "weirdness," and usually desires for his love interests to be weird as well.

When he meets his two older brothers, Max will gain the ability to alter the density of his body's molecular structure so that he can become intangible to pass through solid matter. This power is called Phasing.

~ Kerry Berkhardt is James and Aaron's mother. She is seen as a clever woman. She knew of Chris' affair and after doing some investigating of her own, she found out about Max and his mother Asha. She also knew of Chris and Brad's work in the supernatural community. She is resourceful and determined and is a kind woman but aggressive when she needs to be.

~ Asha Sayre is Max's mother from South Wales. She met Chris Berkhardt when he was on a mission in Great Britain 20 years ago. She quickly fell in love with Chris and was hurt when he didn't reciprocate her level of feelings. She knew nothing of his family in the States and still doesn't. She is meek and shy but isn't afraid to stand up for herself and protect her son.

These are the five core characters of the RP. More will be added at a later time but you are free to make your own character that I will have to approve. Your character can be any type of supernatural creature (within reason) or a normal human. There are to be no characters that are not of supernatural origin (IE, aliens, robots, cyborgs, anime characters, blah blah blah.)

Also, this RP take place in America but some missions do require travel. There are special ways to do this that will be revealed early in the RP. The 88th Precinct plays a significant role in the RP. It is where a majority of the OPOs operate and take supernatural creatures and where they get their missions. The Chief of the precinct is names Charles Fillups and he may or may not be a fallen angel. He will be used by me and this is who sends people out on missions.

If you want powers for your character, keep in mind that they will possess only one (1) base power. Over time, however, the power may grow to become more powerful or your character may develop a new power altogether.

Standard rules for a Unhosted RP are in effect. If I really need to post them, I will. But we've all been here long enough to know them. I will say that I don't want to see characters knowing something they shouldn't know.

I have control of Aaron. Choose or make your character. If you want to make a more descriptive character sheet, please feel free.

I will be PMing the missions to anyone who wants one. But in the meantime, flesh out your characters and create a story. You all don't have to be a part of the same story but don't get too crazy. I reserve the right to change anything that won't benefit the RP or is far to insane to work with.

Any questions because I'm sure I left something out?

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 06:57 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

This sounds vaguely akin to Supernatural, so my interest is piqued. Think you'd still be willing to host, O?

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 02:50 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

Sure. Though I may have to changed a few things.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 07:40 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Cool. Let me know what you come up with.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 08:43 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote