KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » KID from ANIMATRIX (we need this cuz its showin up everywehre)

KID from ANIMATRIX (we need this cuz its showin up everywehre)
Started by: Real

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Real
I have more tech than you

Shocked KID from ANIMATRIX (we need this cuz its showin up everywehre)

Ok, so we all have ideas about the kid, n im sure theres another thread sumwhere (but im not gonna look thru archives in school) so im startin this one. read the thread about new characters, but just put new stuff in here instead so its organized about who ur talkin bout and not broken up please.

to catch pplz up:
The kid was able to keep his mind alive after his body in the matrix "died" this was called self substantiation. ok, so my main question is, if he plugged into the matrix, what would happen. this is all theoretical (like the rest of this forum) so i wouldnt know where to begin. personnally, i think he would be like a ghost program. he cant die, becuase he is already dead, so he could possibly be more than neo in the respect that he just wouldnt be hurt. Maybe a hybrid of the twins and neo put together? i ono, jus play off this...

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 06:56 PM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

we're not sure if the kid can even jack back in, i mean, theoretically, he can, his body will just be recreated, however we are not sure if the matrix programming will allow someone back in if they're matrix mind-body died in the matrix already, you know?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 08:53 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real

right, so he can prolly go into the loading program, but the actual matrix might be diff like he might not have residual self image anymore
he might be a true ghost, w/o a body at least, pretty powerful weapon for the humans in the matrix i might add.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 11:17 PM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

Well your body is just a digital image in the matrix so I think maybe he can just walk around in the matrix in his own body( the one he used to have ).

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 12:39 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

How can he not have a residual self image? There is nothing mystical about it- so long as he has a BRAIN, he has an RSI! He hasn't lost his Matrix 'soul' or anything!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 01:35 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

but his residual self image DIED, there was a funeral, it was his Mind in the matrix that was freed, so we're not sure if he can jack back in...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 02:24 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Of course the Kid will have a residual self-image.
His “awakening” might’ve been differed from the usual, but his body did not die. He woke up in the real world.
This is different from Morpheus’ “the body cannot survive without the mind” from M1. Since the Kids body did NOT die (on the contrary) we’ll still have a residual self-image as it is “the mental projection of his digital self.” Since the kid has a mind he has a self-image.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 02:29 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

but this brings up Bane, how it seems his body IS dead, while he still walks and talks, Michaels mind is still alive, but his mind-body died...all im saying is that perhaps he cannot plug in again, theoretically he can, but theory goes crazy in the matrix...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 02:31 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Woaw, JediHDM. Why do you think Bane's body is dead?

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 02:34 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Cause it looks like his body is decomposing in the trailers smile

Last edited by Sifer on Oct 8th, 2003 at 02:54 PM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 02:38 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

I think it looks like he's bleeding. It MAY even look as though Banes body is having a hard time dealing with an "alien" mind. It may be decomposing, but it's not dead.

But Smith is NOT Banes digital self-image, so it's not SO surprising if the flesh rejects the foreign mind. That doesn't mean the Kid can't have a digital self-image, though.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 02:41 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

it is the inverse, so perhaps it is true, perhaps not, however, i am still not sure if the system will allow him in, he's technically dead to the matrix world, unlike the rebels, they just "free their mind", without their mind body dying

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 02:52 PM
Sifer

His BODY looks like it is decomposing.

"The body cannot live without the mind" big grin

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 02:55 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

nice...

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 02:56 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Not really. The Bane-situation is a body with A mind, just not it’s own.
The Kid isn’t a mind with A body, just not it’s own. I do understand the argument. Before the rebels are freed, their minds INSIDE the Matrix. And that Morpheus told us, that the body can’t live without the mind.
But The Kid didn’t die when his MIND “died”. He was so SURE of the world not being real, he was subconsciously aware of the real world, that when hid self-image died, his mind was released.
It’s more a matter of: WHAT was buried. Was the coffin empty?

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 12:21 AM
Real

maybe he'll jack in and then suffocate and die cuz hes in the coffin, so he can never go back in,
today in other noew...
"zombie boy died becuase he was stupid enough to load his mind into a dead body, aptly named dumenstein..."

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 01:32 AM