KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The Indian Connection(revolutions)

The Indian Connection(revolutions)
Started by: anomaly12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
anomaly12
The Chosen One

Miffed The Indian Connection(revolutions)

Hi guys
my first post and i start by starting a new thread. Being an indian and a diehard matrix fan i was surprised (and pleased) by the Indian connection of Matrix Revolutions.But i need some help understanding this.........wat was the purpose of the indian couple......which one was "our" world and which one was "their" world.One of them has to be the real world, then how can they( or sati) go there as they are all programs? and wat gives sati such immense power so that she can change the matrix as she pleases(she changes it for neo in the end). and after the fight between neo and smith there is a deja vu (the black cat again),wat hv they changed this time?Has Neo died or not?why does the oracle say"We'll meet him again"?How did the oracle trick smith? where was the architect headed in the end?Please answer these questions.Plus i have something for all of you-
When smith is fighting neo(the final fight in the rain) the background music is actually an indian(sanskrit) shloka taken from the bhagvad gita.It goes like -"Asato ma sadgamaya
tamaso ma jyotirgamaya
mrityor ma mritam gamaya
om shanti shanti shanti"
It means:"Oh lord take me from evil toward good,from darkness toward light, from death toward immortality. oh lord i hope the world around me remains in peace."
This has such great relevance to the story till that point and this is the reason i think neo has now become an immortal part of the matrix.You find any other indian connection please tell me.........

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 10:54 AM
anomaly12 is currently offline Click here to Send anomaly12 a Private Message Find more posts by anomaly12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

wow...ok, it is not between real world and matrix, it is between Matrix and deletion. Sati has no purpose, thus we can assume she has no parameters inhibiting her powers. they changed the matrix back to its original glory, before Smith started ravaging the Matrix as he saw fit...Neo's body, yes, probably dead. Neo's mind, very much alive.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:35 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HooT

The Machines gave Sati the purpose of the sun. Because she had no purpose before. Neos dead!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:42 PM
HooT is currently offline Click here to Send HooT a Private Message Find more posts by HooT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

hoot> no, there was already a program charged with watching over the sun, and every other facet of existence. Sati is so important, because she has no purpose, she is the first truly free program.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:47 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ITALIAN926

Jedi, the man said "we must go back to our world" . What world is that exactly? If thats simply deletion, why didnt they go with the daughter?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:48 PM
ITALIAN926 is currently offline Click here to Send ITALIAN926 a Private Message Find more posts by ITALIAN926 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
herbie
Animal Crackers!!!

Because the Merv only gave permission for the daughter to be saved, and you don't mess with the Merv!

as one of few words, you take the ones i have.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 02:00 PM
herbie is currently offline Click here to Send herbie a Private Message Find more posts by herbie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Rama-Kandra and Kamala sacrificed themselves to save Sati. Most likely they took “her place” for deletion, so the child could survive.
Just as Neo and Trinity gave their lives to save mankind.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 02:17 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anomaly12
The Chosen One

i still dont know the purpose of rama-chandra(i think this is how its spelled, omega) and kamala, if i'm, not wrong he rama does say something abt it.in any case , sati doesnt hv any purpose then how can she escape deletion and how can rama and kamala be deleted inspite of having a very valid purpose?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 04:32 PM
anomaly12 is currently offline Click here to Send anomaly12 a Private Message Find more posts by anomaly12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eatingimpaired
?????????????????????????

hmm...

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 12:43 AM
eatingimpaired is currently offline Click here to Send eatingimpaired a Private Message Find more posts by eatingimpaired Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

I think they just returned to the Machine World to do their jobs, not deletion.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 12:53 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

They sacrificed themselves so their daughter could live.

Its not that complicated, mero had control of the whole situation so the parents basically sold their soul to the devil........sort of. no expression ......... whistle

EDIT: So as programs they then worked for mr. mero

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 12:56 AM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

If I remember correctly, their functions didn't affect the Matrix, but the Machine World. If I'm right, then they returned to the Machine World.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 01:03 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

I can't remember their exact functions so i could be wrong, but it works out both ways.

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 01:05 AM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Anomaly> the incarnation of Vishnu is called Rama-chandra, however, the man/program is Rama-kandra...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 02:26 AM
xeous
The Next.

Thats amazing about the song. I would have never known. Thanks for the info...

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 02:48 AM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gmpho
calm like a bomb

Wasnt Rama forced to sell out the Oracle to Merv? I think i remember, when the Oracle explains her different shell in ETM, that there was a deal struck by 2 programs she trusted, she was betrayed somewhat, so the sacrifice of Sati's life could be saved. Sati is an anomoly in that she was born from love, not the machines.Please correct me if i am wrong.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 04:56 AM
gmpho is currently offline Click here to Send gmpho a Private Message Find more posts by gmpho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

That sounds about right.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 05:05 AM
gmpho
calm like a bomb

Speaking of songs, in the Oracles kitchen while speaking to Neo, playing is an old French song.
I hadnt heard it for years, but immediately recognized the tune. i'll try to get some info on it tomorrow.
Not even sure if theres any words to it, but let me get back to you on that...

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 05:12 AM
gmpho is currently offline Click here to Send gmpho a Private Message Find more posts by gmpho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tyrext

Greetings All
Forgive my ignorance but I do believe that the Matrix has archieved its ultimate purpose: Unification of the ONE into the subconscious of EVERYONE.
Check out the teachings of Sai Baba in order to appreciate my words deeper if you wish. It is a pleasure to be part of this discussion for the way is multiple and diverse, but the destination is always ONE.

"Who in the world
is a man constrained by conscience,
who awakens to censure
like a fine stallion to the whip?

Those restrained by conscience
are rare --
those who go through life
always mindful.
Having reached the end
of suffering & stress,
they go through what is uneven
evenly;
go through what is out-of-tune
in tune."

Hiri Suta "Conscience"

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 01:45 PM
tyrext is currently offline Click here to Send tyrext a Private Message Find more posts by tyrext Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

quote:
Originally posted by gmpho
Wasnt Rama forced to sell out the Oracle to Merv? I think i remember, when the Oracle explains her different shell in ETM, that there was a deal struck by 2 programs she trusted, she was betrayed somewhat, so the sacrifice of Sati's life could be saved. Sati is an anomoly in that she was born from love, not the machines.Please correct me if i am wrong.

He wasn't forced to, he just had to if he wanted Sati to live. That's what he was doing when Neo, Trinity, and Morpheus arrived at the restaurant to meet the Merovingian.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 09:02 PM