KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » 8th day juggernaut

8th day juggernaut
Started by: o.g. slaughter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
o.g. slaughter

8th day juggernaut

who iz 8th day juggernaut and how does he differ from tha original juggernaut.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 12:52 PM
o.g. slaughter is currently offline Click here to Send o.g. slaughter a Private Message Find more posts by o.g. slaughter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

The 8th Day was a storyline in which 8 avatars of powerful beings were awakened to battle each other and the winner gets the earth.... Juggernaut was one of the avatars (of Cytorrak) but he had accidentally been awakened years before (by awakened i mean someone had found the item which accessed the power... in his case the gem or "crystal")

7 other people felt this strange pull towards something, each of them found an item and each of them became very powerful in different ways..... but were controlled by their respective entities.... as Juggernauts powers were accessed earlier he hadn't received the full dose of Cytorrak power... when the 8th day began, he gained the rest of the power that was for Cytorraks avatar but Cytorrak attempted to control him like the others were being controlled... he fought back and won.... eventually, with the help of Iron Man, Thor, Xavier and Spider-Man... they stopped the other 7's plans to make the earth a war-zone (by each controlling an 8th of the population)

the other avatars realised they could break free of the control they were under

not entirely sure why Juggernaut has been depowered again though

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 02:40 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
The 8th Day was a storyline in which 8 avatars of powerful beings were awakened to battle each other and the winner gets the earth.... Juggernaut was one of the avatars (of Cytorrak) but he had accidentally been awakened years before (by awakened i mean someone had found the item which accessed the power... in his case the gem or "crystal")

7 other people felt this strange pull towards something, each of them found an item and each of them became very powerful in different ways..... but were controlled by their respective entities.... as Juggernauts powers were accessed earlier he hadn't received the full dose of Cytorrak power... when the 8th day began, he gained the rest of the power that was for Cytorraks avatar but Cytorrak attempted to control him like the others were being controlled... he fought back and won.... eventually, with the help of Iron Man, Thor, Xavier and Spider-Man... they stopped the other 7's plans to make the earth a war-zone (by each controlling an 8th of the population)

the other avatars realised they could break free of the control they were under

not entirely sure why Juggernaut has been depowered again though

The power down is linked to the Eighth Day. As Juggernuaght did not suceed in implementin Cytorak's plans, he has greatly diminished his powers. He's still class 100, but he has gone from being about as strong as Namor to as strong as colossus. This is a bid decrease. !!!!!!!!!! His durability is also knowhwere near what it used to be. For example Black Tom was nearly successful at killing him with his secondary mutation.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 04:43 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

what the hell is the story with "secondary mutations"?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 04:48 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

marvel just wanted to revamp all thier characters all at once in a uniform fashion without having things look outta place or having to explain each charcter individually. for example since the start of sec mutation in early 2000, it is accepted across the entire marvel spectrum that Emma frost can turn into diamond...even in the ultimate universe, and that iceman controls moisture down to a molecular level.

you see i believe the goal is to make it so that in the next 5 or ten years of comics, as new readers are attracted they wont even have heard of a thing called a secondary mutation, to them it would be like thats how the charcters were all along

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 06:01 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
o.g. slaughter

so why iz he stronger than the original juggernaut. iz it because there 8 of them.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 09:42 PM
o.g. slaughter is currently offline Click here to Send o.g. slaughter a Private Message Find more posts by o.g. slaughter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look, normal Juggernaut had like 35% of Cyttorak's full power. When he became 8th Day Juggernaut he had 70%, and as Trion juggernaut he had 100%. (current Juggs only has about 5-10%)

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 09:45 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by armandovalles
(current Juggs only has about 5-10%)

Probably less than that sad

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 09:47 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Look, normal Juggernaut had like 35% of Cyttorak's full power. When he became 8th Day Juggernaut he had 70%, and as Trion juggernaut he had 100%. (current Juggs only has about 5-10%)
Where did you get those figures from.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 09:47 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

an old comic where it was just a big description of juggernaut. It came out right around the time of Juggernaut: the Eighth day. It wasnt really a comic though, more like a "Handbook of Juggernaut". The title was just called Juggernaut, so it might be hard to find. The part about current Juggs is a guess though.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 09:53 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

an old comic where it was just a big description of juggernaut. It came out right around the time of Juggernaut: the Eighth day. It wasnt really a comic though, more like a "Handbook of Juggernaut". The title was just called Juggernaut, so it might be hard to find. The part about current Juggs is a guess though.
I see yeah I never trust those things because info gets updated and stuff. Since many people place Cyttorak above Skyfather level I normally go by that.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 10:00 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cyttorak is a high-level skyfather.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 10:02 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Cyttorak is a high-level skyfather.
It's hard to say no one really knows his real power level. I mean look at what he has done. His only real feats are that he powers Juggernaut and is invoked bt Dr. Strange and that Strange uses items from him. Other than that his actual power level is unknown for all we know he is below skyfather or could be around Galactus possibly.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 10:05 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor Quoted that juggernauts strength had increased by 100 fold. Those figures don't really make sense. big grin

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 10:17 PM
o.g. slaughter

does he look any different or does he look tha same

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 10:38 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

He looks the same he is just hundred times stronger than normal.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 10:39 PM
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Originally posted by yahman
The power down is linked to the Eighth Day. As Juggernuaght did not suceed in implementin Cytorak's plans, he has greatly diminished his powers. He's still class 100, but he has gone from being about as strong as Namor to as strong as colossus. This is a bid decrease. !!!!!!!!!! His durability is also knowhwere near what it used to be. For example Black Tom was nearly successful at killing him with his secondary mutation.

For God's sake once and for all stop with the Namor pushover yahman.
Juggernaut is far above Namor's strenght.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 11:43 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Juggernaut is at least equal to Thor in strength, and it's a theory his strength could be limitless.
But that's neither here nor there.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 04:20 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by K3VIL
For God's sake once and for all stop with the Namor pushover yahman.
Juggernaut is far above Namor's strenght.

I think you are getting me mixed up with someone else. Namor has knocked the Hulk out cold, something Juggernaught has never done. He broke the crismson bans of Cytorak, which are harnessed by the same power as Juggernaught. I think he might be. smile

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 10:16 PM
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Originally posted by yahman
I think you are getting me mixed up with someone else. Namor has knocked the Hulk out cold, something Juggernaught has never done. He broke the crismson bans of Cytorak, which are harnessed by the same power as Juggernaught. I think he might be. smile

yahman I respect Namor you know it, but he K.O.ed Hulk underwater.
It's like saying 8th day Jugg can beat Hulk, it's obvious cause he's at godlike level.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 11:33 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote