KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Book 6 Excerpt

Book 6 Excerpt
Started by: zombieman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zombieman
The Undead

Book 6 Excerpt

Sorry if there has already been a thread on this, I've been away for a while, but what do you all make of the passage from book 6 that JK has revealed on her website:

: He looked rather like an old lion. There were streaks of grey in his mane of tawny hair and his bushy eyebrows; he had keen yellowish eyes behind a pair of wire-rimmed spectacles and a certain rangy, loping grace even though he walked with a slight limp.

I think that firstly, this is likely to be a discription of the Half Blood Prince which would mean that it's not Hagrid or Lupin. Secondly, I think this is a description of Godric Griffindor. The fact he is described as an "old lion" suggests this, lions traditionally being couragous and courage being the main trait of a Griffindor has convinced me.

Maybe there will be a big twist in book 6 and it will be revealed thatodric Griffindor isn't dead, maybe he is an animagus and has taken the form of Fawkes the pheonix?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 11:04 PM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angelsflame265
la la la lalaaaa

I still stand by what i said before

I think its a new character, because we already know what Hagrid and Lupin look like, and there backrounds and such, and nether of them have yellowish eyes lol

Its a new character, most likely half-blood prince and/or the new DADA teacher

Offical Country Music Lover of Ravenclaw

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 11:07 PM
angelsflame265 is currently offline Click here to Send angelsflame265 a Private Message Find more posts by angelsflame265 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

Would you at least accept that there is a slight possibility of it being Godric Griffindor?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 11:10 PM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angelsflame265
la la la lalaaaa

yea. . . wow didn't think of that, wow i feel dumb. and you said that in your post didn't you.

But it would have to be a picture or something, or in the graveyard and the fonders had a spell that made them not decompose or something

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 11:15 PM
angelsflame265 is currently offline Click here to Send angelsflame265 a Private Message Find more posts by angelsflame265 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

Nah can't be a picture, as it says in the passage the character in question "walked with a limp" so they are obviously alive.

Does it actually say in any of the books that Godric is dead? I mean how long do wizards live? Godric being one of the most powerful of all may live even longer, I know this is all very far fetched.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 11:20 PM
angelsflame265
la la la lalaaaa

but the pictures do move, like that crazy knight, he ran around

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 11:34 PM
zombieman
The Undead

Yeah thats true, however, ive been giving the matter some thought over the last hour and I've decided that I think the person described in that passage is a new character, the heir of Griffindor and also the halfblood prince.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 12:05 AM
Iceman22
You Talkin' To Me?

Why would Godric Gryffindor be called the HalfBlood Prince?
I don't know why, but since the announcement of the title of Book 6, I always seem to end with the taught of Elves. big grin
Crazy idea maybe, but I think that the Half Blood Prince is a Elf and Wizard, not accepted by the other Elves and therefore mocked by the name of Half-Blood, in the same category as Mud-Blood.
Hey you, stop looking at me that way, I'm not crazy! What the f**k?

"Each day we will spill their blood, til it rains down from the skies.Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace." - Boondock Saints

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 01:36 AM
Iceman22 is currently offline Click here to Send Iceman22 a Private Message Find more posts by Iceman22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
«§hõnknêss»

blink *looks at Ice in dat way big grin*

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You see, when we left Jack, marooned on the ship with a cuffed wrist and a hungry kraken, we forgot one very important thing mate-he's Captain Jack Sparrow... savvy?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 02:08 AM
«§hõnknêss» is currently offline Click here to Send «§hõnknêss» a Private Message Find more posts by «§hõnknêss» Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

I think that is the description of the new DADA teacher. I don't think she'll reveal anything on the HBP. But the description reminds me of the way she always describes the new DADA teacher. It almost fits moody's description. But I dunno if he'll be the DADA again?

My husband thought of this first and I totally agree with him. big grin

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 09:22 AM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

Maybe the new dark arts teacher is the halfblood prince?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 11:43 AM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

myb

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 02:20 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

The descriptionrefers to DD

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 03:21 PM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angelsflame265
la la la lalaaaa

how so, do you think?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 03:24 PM
weegie
Dreamer

i like the idea of this character being godric, but i'm not sure if it is. Fawkes being an animagus is also a very good idea, but i agree it is a bit far fetched. Posibly new dada teacher, although i think it shouldn't be another new character. I think its probably the hbp, but i dont want the hbp to be a new character either.
Actually, maybe its a relative of harrys, i mean all potters have the messy hair and glasses.
But then again i think of krum, you know, bushy eyebrows and the limp.

Why would Hermione want a Krum when she could have a whole Weasley?!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 04:14 PM
weegie is currently offline Click here to Send weegie a Private Message Find more posts by weegie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

it could just be moody...it reminds me of moody...he walks with a limp...

are any characters referred to as lions...or resembling them.... ie: draco/dragon....

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 10:20 PM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Maybe dumbledore dies his hair or something wink

Or i could just be lion

bu bum chhh

Im Back happy

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 10:25 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 24th, 2004 10:04 AM
«§hõnknêss»

LMFAO laughing

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You see, when we left Jack, marooned on the ship with a cuffed wrist and a hungry kraken, we forgot one very important thing mate-he's Captain Jack Sparrow... savvy?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2004 10:47 AM
«§hõnknêss» is currently offline Click here to Send «§hõnknêss» a Private Message Find more posts by «§hõnknêss» Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hhhhr

could the halfblood prince be ddore?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 06:27 AM
hhhhr is currently offline Click here to Send hhhhr a Private Message Find more posts by hhhhr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote