KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » What's Your Favorite Movie - and Why?

Which HP Move Is Your Favorite?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
HP and the Sorceror's Stone 1 6.25%
HP and the Chamber of Secrets 1 6.25%
HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban 4 25.00%
HP and the Goblet of Fire 1 6.25%
HP and the Order of the Phoenix 4 25.00%
HP and the Half-Blood Prince 2 12.50%
HP and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 1 6.25%
HP and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 1 6.25%
They were all bad. 1 6.25%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What's Your Favorite Movie - and Why?
Started by: siriuswriter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
siriuswriter

What's Your Favorite Movie - and Why?

We've discussed a lot in here the changing of the books to the movies, how some people dislike the outcomes, but we've never actually discussed which films we like the most.

Click on your favorite movie, or if you have more than one, write both. Rank them from number one [best] to number eight [worst] and describe why you think it's the best.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 01:54 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Prisoner of Azkaban was the best. It's the best story and the best directed.
Sorceror's Stone second. For it's the classic.
And the Deathly Hallows 1 & 2 come in 3rd and 4th. For they were more exiting.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 06:03 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I know i'm probably in the (severe) minority here, but I thought Order of the Phoenix was the best. I've never read the books, and everyone who has says it's the worst book and Prisoner of Azkaban is the best. But I didn't like Azkaban even though I like the director, because I thought the subject matter sucked. Time-travel in movies almost always gets on my nerves.. (except Ninja Turtles 3 of course, haha). But the reason I liked Order of the Phoenix so much was because I thought it was pretty brilliant commentary on totalitarianism with Umbridge coming in. And then the finale with Voldemort was excellent.. kind of Star Wars-esque good side vs. the dark side within Harry.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2012 04:33 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sharmaalisha807

Skyfall movie is my best movie.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2012 10:05 AM
sharmaalisha807 is currently offline Click here to Send sharmaalisha807 a Private Message Find more posts by sharmaalisha807 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alvincarlton

Jhonny English because it is just so funny
I also like freaky friday

Old Post Jan 28th, 2013 12:48 PM
Alvincarlton is currently offline Click here to Send Alvincarlton a Private Message Find more posts by Alvincarlton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chrislove22

Deathly Hallows. Actors are older and better. Storyline has more depth and the stakes are higher. Plus, the special effects aren't cheesy like in the first 3.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2013 04:46 PM
Chrislove22 is currently offline Click here to Send Chrislove22 a Private Message Find more posts by Chrislove22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vi Veri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2013 02:48 AM
Vi Veri is currently offline Click here to Send Vi Veri a Private Message Find more posts by Vi Veri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
elrond72

Order of the Phoenix. It's the one where you can tell the characters are growing up and I think the one where the good guys are more vulnerable ie death of Sirius Black

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 11:16 PM
elrond72 is currently offline Click here to Send elrond72 a Private Message Find more posts by elrond72 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pure Passioné
..::Fallen angel::..

The first one will always be my favourite.. It was filled with Innocence and magic.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2013 11:25 AM
Pure Passioné is currently offline Click here to Send Pure Passioné a Private Message Find more posts by Pure Passioné Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Prison of Azkaban was probably one of the first I watched and still is my fav.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 06:12 AM
Vensai is currently offline Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vensai
Which series do you favor; Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings ?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2013 11:21 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by quanchi112
Which series do you favor; Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings ?

That's a hard question. LoTR introduced many of the modern day epic themes found in culture today while Harry Potter focused more on themes like love and loyalty. On a whole, I think the LoTR had more higher quality adventure that I enjoyed but I also connected more personally with the boy who saves the world while going to school type of fun.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post May 1st, 2013 06:38 AM
Vensai is currently offline Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Vensai
That's a hard question. LoTR introduced many of the modern day epic themes found in culture today while Harry Potter focused more on themes like love and loyalty. On a whole, I think the LoTR had more higher quality adventure that I enjoyed but I also connected more personally with the boy who saves the world while going to school type of fun.
I started out heavily favoring Lotr over Harry Potter. The first Lotr was by far my favorite Lotr film. The series got worse but Harry Potter went in the opposite direction. As they grew more mature and dark the movies skyrocketed IMO.

Both are the best or top two fantasy franchises without another clear competitor IMO but Harry Potter in the end is better looking at the series as a whole. Now granted there are two more Hobbits but I just view them as the number 2 of the two.

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 03:36 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gwizdo87

I think that the Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix is the best because it is a turning point. The war will begin, everything is gonna be more dificult. Loved the fight at the Ministry. The Order and the Death Eaters arrived like angels and demons and i got stunned. big grin

However, it's is the saddest, because Siruis die.... I liked when Sirius came to take care of Harry, like a father to him...

But.. HP and the Order of Phoenix still is my favorite big grin

Old Post Aug 12th, 2013 01:05 PM
Gwizdo87 is currently offline Click here to Send Gwizdo87 a Private Message Find more posts by Gwizdo87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by Gwizdo87
I think that the Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix is the best because it is a turning point. The war will begin, everything is gonna be more dificult. Loved the fight at the Ministry. The Order and the Death Eaters arrived like angels and demons and i got stunned. big grin

However, it's is the saddest, because Siruis die.... I liked when Sirius came to take care of Harry, like a father to him...

But.. HP and the Order of Phoenix still is my favorite big grin

Eh, the book itself was too long and the movie cut out lots of important plot points. It was a rather flawed movie.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Aug 13th, 2013 12:20 AM
Toby831
Restricted

Account Restricted

My favorite movie is Lord of the rings. I still watch it after 10 years. The reason I love it because it is all about adventure.

stickers printing

Old Post Oct 4th, 2013 10:40 AM
Toby831 is currently offline Click here to Send Toby831 a Private Message Find more posts by Toby831 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cat Lady

My favorite HP movie is the Goblet of Fire. I really liked the tournament aspect.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 03:22 AM
Cat Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Cat Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Cat Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cinemaholic

I have to say I didn't like any of the movies that much. I really enjoyed the books much better, but still the books weren't that fantastic.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2014 10:01 PM
Cinemaholic is currently offline Click here to Send Cinemaholic a Private Message Find more posts by Cinemaholic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eyebuck108

My favourite movies are those I loved when I watched it for the first time and then could enjoy it when I watched them again.

Old Post May 17th, 2020 07:31 PM
eyebuck108 is currently offline Click here to Send eyebuck108 a Private Message Find more posts by eyebuck108 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Huravill

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 12:16 PM
Huravill is currently offline Click here to Send Huravill a Private Message Find more posts by Huravill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote