KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Why do you like spiderman(character)

Why do you like spiderman(character)
Started by: killermover

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
killermover

Why do you like spiderman(character)

To me, he exmplifies the word "hero" more than Batman or Superman does. Here we see a kid in his early twenties fighting evil people for no reason but to do the right thing. At fifteen he gained immense powers and lost his beloved uncle within a matter of days. That same story has produced supervillains but Peter Parker accepted his uncle's creed, "with great power comes great responsibility," and made that his code of honor. He should have killed some of his foes but he has not. He should be finacially secure from busting drug dealers, mobsters, mad scientist, and hit men but he holds down low paying jobs to stay honorable. To me Spiderman sets the bar for respect.

Plus he's the funniest superhero in the comicbook world, and his jokes always deliver. Spidey is epic win and awesome as shit.

Why do you like him?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 07:09 AM
killermover is currently offline Click here to Send killermover a Private Message Find more posts by killermover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

You summed it up pretty well. Not much to add.

I personally like him because to me he's the definition of what "heroes" should be like. Not Cap, not Superman and not Batman. Its funny to watch him try to look up to all the "big superheroes" and not realise that he's a much better hero and person than they ever will be.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 02:33 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

^^ thumb up

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 11:31 AM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

He also has the best costume ever.
His powers are pure genius. I tend to play a Spidey game when I want to relax.....just swinging through NY. I would love to have his powers.

I never liked MJ though. Thought she was a b####!
Wasn't surprised Peter pulled off a guilt free dumping. Smart guy. And he brought Aunt May back as well to sweeten the bargain so he can still have pancakes on Fridays.

He is probably the most "lovable" superhero character.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 12:50 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I also find him funnier then Deadpool.....well compared to the stuff they bringing out for him these days.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 01:55 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
killermover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by the ninjak
He also has the best costume ever.
His powers are pure genius. I tend to play a Spidey game when I want to relax.....just swinging through NY. I would love to have his powers.

I never liked MJ though. Thought she was a b####!
Wasn't surprised Peter pulled off a guilt free dumping. Smart guy. And he brought Aunt May back as well to sweeten the bargain so he can still have pancakes on Fridays.

He is probably the most "lovable" superhero character.
Amen broda.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 08:23 PM
killermover is currently offline Click here to Send killermover a Private Message Find more posts by killermover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

I agree with all of those points, and here's another major reason for my why Spider-Man's the best: He never gives up. Use the "he has powers" excuse all you want, but when you're dealing with something like Ultron, the Juggernaut, or the Green Goblin, it's so easy to give in, and even has at points. But even whenever he's down and out, Peter always comes back better than he was before. No matter how many broken bones or scars he has, he will not give up. Sure, you could say that about other heroes, but Spider-Man is not Thor or the Hulk. He's not on their level, and yet he will fight guys that give 'em trouble. Why? Because he doesn't want people to get hurt. To me, Spider-Man is the champion of the little guy. He doesn't have a mansion or eyebeams, and while he has powers, they got greater because of his willpower and training. That's a true hero to me.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 1st, 2010 03:30 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wammamram
the afro'ed assassin

i he does also have the best costume(s)

Old Post Oct 1st, 2010 08:14 PM
wammamram is currently offline Click here to Send wammamram a Private Message Find more posts by wammamram Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

Spider-Man is one of the greatest heroes of all time. He is my favorite superhero (tied with Batman). The reason why I like him is BECAUSE he is a geeky kid. He is not rich or cool as Batman is nor does he have powers as strong as Superman's powers, Hulk's powers, Iron Man's powers, or Thor's powers (I'm not saying Spidey isn't strong; but compared with these guys, his powers are kinda weak). Unlike them, Peter Parker is just a guy whose life sucks. But even though he doesn't have fame, power, or money, he still tries to protect people to the best of his abilities and never gives up. Even when he clearly knows he is no match for a certain villain, he will still go up against that villain. As Mr Rhythmic said, he has a lot of willpower. While Superman and Thor were destined to be great heroes, Spidey reached their level of heroism through hard work, willpower, and courage.

Spider-Man is also very unique from most super heroes because he is a character that is constantly evolving. Batman and Superman stay the same. And even though Iron Man always upgrades his armor to improve it, he is still the exact same character and has the exact same personality by the end of the day. Spider-Man is very different from them. Unlike most comics that tell the story of a hero, Spider-Man comics tell the story of a regular person as he slowly evolves into a hero. He doesn't start out perfect but becomes perfect overtime. That is an idea I like a lot.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 05:07 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

I like him because simply he is AMAZING.
His speed, agility, and acrobats always seem to amaze me.
No one compares to him being in action.
From flipping up buildings (as gymnasts do on flat floors), to slow motion dodging bullets, to times of incredible strength, to outmaneuvering multiple attacks, etc. There is no action better anywhere.

That is why he is called THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 11:44 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jacksionreo
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like Spider-Man very much. It was the very nice movie series and very entertaining with very nice action seen. I watched it many times and i like each character of this whole movie series.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2010 12:03 PM
jacksionreo is currently offline Click here to Send jacksionreo a Private Message Find more posts by jacksionreo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BUSTER1

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
I agree with all of those points, and here's another major reason for my why Spider-Man's the best: He never gives up. Use the "he has powers" excuse all you want, but when you're dealing with something like Ultron, the Juggernaut, or the Green Goblin, it's so easy to give in, and even has at points. But even whenever he's down and out, Peter always comes back better than he was before. No matter how many broken bones or scars he has, he will not give up. Sure, you could say that about other heroes, but Spider-Man is not Thor or the Hulk. He's not on their level, and yet he will fight guys that give 'em trouble. Why? Because he doesn't want people to get hurt. To me, Spider-Man is the champion of the little guy. He doesn't have a mansion or eyebeams, and while he has powers, they got greater because of his willpower and training. That's a true hero to me.

(please log in to view the image)

thumb up Absolutely agreed. Parker is the most appealing hero because he is human. He gets scared, when up against powerful enemies, but overcomes his fear to do the right thing. When Spiderman fought Firelord he was about to bottle it, as he knew he was out of his depth. He was about to change back to his civies to avoid fighting FL when he came across a photo of Uncle Ben. Pete realised that he would be betraying the memory of Uncle Ben by hiding from FL and resolved to give him one hell of a fight. We all know the result of that fight

Old Post Oct 24th, 2010 03:05 PM
BUSTER1 is currently offline Click here to Send BUSTER1 a Private Message Find more posts by BUSTER1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wammamram
the afro'ed assassin

he also has a very good personality, like mr. rhythmic said, he doesn't give up, always willing to help others, and hes very comical, and hes just a simply amazing person

Old Post Oct 24th, 2010 11:47 PM
wammamram is currently offline Click here to Send wammamram a Private Message Find more posts by wammamram Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johncenas

I like spider man character because he is a great action hero. I like all movies of the spider man. Spider man is showing his action and stunts in the every movies of him. Spider man is looking in great action in the every movies of him.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 12:48 PM
johncenas is currently offline Click here to Send johncenas a Private Message Find more posts by johncenas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet315

Not trying to sound corny but i like spiderman b/c of the way he makes a joke out of the everyday problems he has in his life as peter parker such as unpaid bills, dates with mary jane watson, felicia, or any fine a$$ women he happens to be with, or his boss. This gonna sound crazy but i try to emulate that at least with the joking in my head cause if not haha...

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 04:46 PM
Scarlet315 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet315 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet315 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Scarlet315
Not trying to sound corny but i like spiderman b/c of the way he makes a joke out of the everyday problems he has in his life as peter parker such as unpaid bills, dates with mary jane watson, felicia, or any fine a$$ women he happens to be with, or his boss. This gonna sound crazy but i try to emulate that at least with the joking in my head cause if not haha...

exactly! the not so serious way of acting and making joke out of bad situations identify with me completely! I love it!

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 07:53 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
masterpiece

Old Post Jun 5th, 2011 06:14 PM
masterpiece is currently offline Click here to Send masterpiece a Private Message Find more posts by masterpiece Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
masterpiece

Here's why Spider-man is better than superman and Batman: Spider-man is more realistic than superman, who is a cheap mess with his many abilities. There is nothing unique about Superman and his weakness is dumb. I think superman is a very uncreative character. Spider-man's weakness is innocent people, especially loved ones. Batman is not even a superhero. His weakness is that he can get knocked out in one punch by a superhuman. I think Batman is just a combination of Sherlock Holmes and James Bond, with the costume added. It makes sense to say that Batman is more realistic because superpowers aren't realistic. But I don't think it is very realistic for someone to inherit billions of dollars, train in all forms of combat for a decade, be extremely smart to make a bunch of gadgets, than go out and fight crime. I mean it is not even realistic for him to survive. Otherwise, why hasn't anyone in real life done what he did. Spider-man's story makes more sense. Plus many people can relate to him, especially teenagers. He has many problems. He is a teen juggling between a job, school, girls, family, and being a superhero, of course. Superman's story is too simple. He is an alien. Spider-man has the coolest costume. At least Spider-man doesn't wear underwear out of his costume. And Spider-man has the coolest villains. I mean it is not like Lex Luthor can fight superman or the Joker can fight Batman. Those villains don't have any fighting skills. And Spider-man's means of transportation is cool. Batman has a car. It's not like Spider-man can't drive a car. Superman's flight ability is too simple and too common.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2011 06:30 PM
masterpiece is currently offline Click here to Send masterpiece a Private Message Find more posts by masterpiece Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kendrick1533

There are many reasons why Spider-Man is my favorite character. One reason would be his amazing personality. Another reason would his backstory. The last reason would be his spider-like abilities.

__ The first reason why I like Spider-Man is because of his "amazing" personality. First, Spider-Man is described as the original "Mouthy Super Hero". He has a tendency to make frequent wisecracks to either annoy the hell out of his enemies or just make some serious situations look light-harded. Second, Spider-Man doesn't just do things completely right away, he has to plan it out first (like Batman). When facing his most notorious foes such as the pumpkin throwing Green Goblin, metal armed mad scientist Doctor Octopus, or the alien parasitic brute Venom, he has a think of a way to get their heads. Finally, what interests me about Spider-Man is his sense of responsibility. Spidey isn't afraid to do what's right for the people. He'll do anything to save them, even loved ones like his Aunt May or Mary Jane.

__ The second reason why I like Spider-Man is because of his origin story. First, Before he was Spider-Man, he was Peter Parker. Peter Parker was the stereotypical that everyone picked on. He had no fame or respect, just loneliness or disrespect. Haven't we felt this way before? When we're being bullied by others at school or the world? We've all experienced that. Second, After a demonstration of a radiation ray was being held, a spider was caught in the blast of the radioactivity. While irradiated, it finds young Peter's hand and bites it. The spider somehow transferred it abilities to Peter Parker. You have to admit, that's awesome! Sure, heroes like Captain America gained his power through a super-soldier serum or Hulk obtaining his from a gamma radiation. But come on, a radioactive spider bite is utterly both incredible and stupendous. Finally, the death of poor Uncle Ben was the most heart-breaking event in the origin of Spider-Man. Okay so, Batman and Iron Man may have lost their parents, but an old person dying is just the worst experience ever. Reasons why? Two words: selfishness and stupidity. Peter wanted to his newfound power for fame and fortune, but this caused him to lose his elderly relative. What we can learn this is that we can be less of a stupid and selfish person, and be more selfless and smart. If we continue our stupidity, then horrible things will happen to our lives. One thing I have to say is less stupidity and selfishness equals more good karma.

__ The third and last reason why I like Spider-Man is none other than his "arachno-batic" abilities. First, he's a combination of powerful strength, immense speed, and acrobatic agility. Spider-Man is strong enough to throw a car or punch a wall. He could even cause some tremendous damage with that amount of strength. He's able to lift 10 tons with his spider-like strength. Spider-Man can be a quick fighter if he wants to, making a hard target to kill and a fast attacker. With his speed, Spidey can make some speedy combos in the ground and in mid-air. He's fast enough to dodge any long-range or close-range attack. Spider-Man's agility is simply "amazing". With his agility, he can do gymnast flips or jump entire buildings. Combining his strength, speed, and agility gave him the ability of scaling walls. Second, Spider-Man cab anticipate and see through an enemy's move by the use of his Spider-Sense. While utilizing this ability, he can sense multiple attacks from any direction or find imminent danger. Finally, one of his most famous and trademark abilities is his web-spinning ability. How he emits this web-like substance was with webshooters from his wrist. With his webbing, he can swing from building to building, wrap up enemies, fire shots of webbing, or use them for offensive and defensive maneuvers.

__ In conclusion, those are the reasons why Spider-Man is my favorite character. He's the acrobatic trash-talker of the Marvel Heroes.

wink

Old Post Jun 7th, 2011 03:41 AM
kendrick1533 is currently offline Click here to Send kendrick1533 a Private Message Find more posts by kendrick1533 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
python99

His style. Web-slinging and wall crawling beats out flying any day.
flying is overrated

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 06:59 PM
python99 is currently offline Click here to Send python99 a Private Message Find more posts by python99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote