KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman lifespan

Superman lifespan
Started by: tonyman1989

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tonyman1989

Superman lifespan

How long could John Byrnes Superman live?

And how long can the current superman live (I want to see how its changed)

(please base numbers on facts)

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 08:40 PM
tonyman1989 is currently offline Click here to Send tonyman1989 a Private Message Find more posts by tonyman1989 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Francisco

John Byrnes Superman and current Superman are one and the same.
About how much he can live. I think that as long as he is under a yellow sun he will pretty much live for ever. Unless he gets killed or something.

Not contentment, but more power; not peace at any price, but war; not virtue, but efficiency (virtue in the Renaissance sense, virtu, virtue free of moral acid).
The weak and the botched shall perish: first principle of our charity. And one should help them to it.
What is more harmful than any vice?--Practical sympathy for the botched and the weak--Christianity...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 05:24 PM
Francisco is currently offline Click here to Send Francisco a Private Message Find more posts by Francisco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

wrong superman did of old age in one of the superboy comics i think it was the first one anyway he was old in that about 120

Current Pokemon:5

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 12:22 PM
Stalker 360 is currently offline Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jargon343

In Superman Prime he just kept getting older and stronger, he got to godlike levels in that story after many hundreds of thousands of years.

In Kingdom Come it was eluded to that he gets stronger, not older...they said Kryptonite doesn't work on him anymore in that future.

And I think it was Dark Knight Returns where Batman comments that Superman dyed his hair grey to fool people into thinking that Clark Kent was getting older.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 10:36 PM
Jargon343 is currently offline Click here to Send Jargon343 a Private Message Find more posts by Jargon343 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

My impression is that Superman will continue to thrive as long as he has our yellow sun to sustain him. Thing is, in about 5 billion years, our sun will swell into a red giant then exhaust all its fuel and become a cold dwarf. So unless Supes migrates to another yellow star (and 5 gigayears should give him enough time to do so, especially if he sees us leaving for a new star), he loses his powers and ages normally (whatever "normally" is for a Kryptonian).
However, in time, all the stars will burn out, and Superman will pass on. But that's okay cuz there won't be any mortals left to save.
I suppose Supes could shift into a younger, parallel universe (Marvel's?), but what's the point? I would think that after countless eons he might realize it's time to move on from the physical plane. In far less time than a few billion years, us ordinary folk will perhaps have evolved to a higher plane. Conceivably, we could even leave Superman in the evolutionary dust.
I propose that it may be his very attachment to his superhuman identity which may, in the end, keep him "prisoner" in that form (hmm, now wouldn't that be an interesting story...)

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 11:46 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

^nice post.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 01:04 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Thanks smile

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 01:12 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
My impression is that Superman will continue to thrive as long as he has our yellow sun to sustain him. Thing is, in about 5 billion years, our sun will swell into a red giant then exhaust all its fuel and become a cold dwarf. So unless Supes migrates to another yellow star (and 5 gigayears should give him enough time to do so, especially if he sees us leaving for a new star), he loses his powers and ages normally (whatever "normally" is for a Kryptonian).
However, in time, all the stars will burn out, and Superman will pass on. But that's okay cuz there won't be any mortals left to save.
I suppose Supes could shift into a younger, parallel universe (Marvel's?), but what's the point? I would think that after countless eons he might realize it's time to move on from the physical plane. In far less time than a few billion years, us ordinary folk will perhaps have evolved to a higher plane. Conceivably, we could even leave Superman in the evolutionary dust.
I propose that it may be his very attachment to his superhuman identity which may, in the end, keep him "prisoner" in that form (hmm, now wouldn't that be an interesting story...)

Wow. Nice to see signs of intelligent life every once in a while on this forum. Great post.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 09:06 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Superman shall live until I destory him..it's as simple as that.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 09:10 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Superman's lifespan

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Wow. Nice to see signs of intelligent life every once in a while on this forum. Great post.

Thanks. Now and then, a few of my brain cells do talk to one another.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 04:49 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Great post.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 05:48 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by Jargon343
And I think it was Dark Knight Returns where Batman comments that Superman dyed his hair grey to fool people into thinking that Clark Kent was getting older.
How did he dye his hair?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 11:01 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jargon343

with hair dye I guess.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 01:52 PM
Jargon343 is currently offline Click here to Send Jargon343 a Private Message Find more posts by Jargon343 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jargon343

I get the feeling he'd get killed by something before that happened. That's billions and billions of years away; he's only thirty something now and he's encountered dozens of villians with the potential to kill him, and at least one (Doomsday) who is known to be more than capable of it.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 01:54 PM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by Jargon343
with hair dye I guess.
Hair dye... the only substance that can penetrate the biofield.... Superman's secret fourth weakness....

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 04:51 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jargon343

Well for Louis' sake I hope water and soap can penetrate it as well.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 06:24 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Hair dye... the only substance that can penetrate the biofield.... Superman's secret fourth weakness....

roll eyes (sarcastic) shifty He used Kryptonian hair dye from the fortress, it has a form of "gentle" kryptonite in it - which also gets rid of "super" dandruff confused

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 11:54 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote