KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman Returns trailer revealed..

Superman Returns trailer revealed..
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Superman Returns trailer revealed..

I saw it tonight on while watching "Smallville". It came as a surprise because it just popped outta no where, I freaked. Still haveing a hard time with the new guy but we'll see. Jol El was talking the whole time..

I liked the part where dozens of people just stood looking "up at the sky"

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 02:12 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

They had said that they were showing the trailer earlier in the week on a commercial on the WB channel.Anyway,it was great but they could've had Brandon Routh talk.Other than that,it was a great trailer and I'm looking forward to the movie.

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 02:16 AM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
They had said that they were showing the trailer earlier in the week on a commercial on the WB channel.Anyway,it was great but they could've had Brandon Routh talk.Other than that,it was a great trailer and I'm looking forward to the movie.

Well, i don't really watch TV by choice, anyway. And thats besides the fact that i have work and school practically all day everyday, well 5 days. I only watch "Smallville" and local and world news.

Routh talking would've been cool, But i like Hopkins a.k.a. Jor El talking, he said something but I bet it was powerful, i didnt even really listen to him just his voice cause I was so into watching the trailer and Superman.

But I did manage to hear Jor-El say something like "I give my only son" something like that...lol aw maan this movies gonna own..I like X-men and pt 3 will probably be nice, but Superman Returns might smack it hard.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 02:29 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Shmedi
NNOOO000000oooooo

Yeah I knew about the trailer ahead of time as well, but anyway I thought it was freakin amazing. Especially where- like you said- everyone was looking up in the sky. I also loved the part where he flew above the clouds right infront of the sun, simply beautiful. I am now a million times more excited for SR than ever before big grin

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 02:31 AM
Jedi Shmedi is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Shmedi a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Shmedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

That was Marlon Brando talking and they were using lines from Superman:The Movie since this movie takes place after the Superman II movie.

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 02:31 AM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

That was Marlon Brando talking and they were using lines from Superman:The Movie since this movie takes place after the Superman II movie.

You sure? Because wasn't Hopkins suppose to be Jor El? It did kinda sound like Marlon Brando, but it kinda sounded like Anthony Hopkins too. And I even heard something about using Brandon's archival footage as well.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 02:36 AM
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

No,it was Jor-El and they're going to use the footage from Donner's Superman II that was never used.No one is playing Jor-El,they're just using Marlon Brando's old footage from Donner's Superman II.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 02:38 AM
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

It's Brando...Singer is using clips and cut scenes from the Richard Donner film and sequel.

Direct Link to the trailer...

http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbm...r/teaser_hi.mov

The offical site is: http://supermanreturns.warnerbros.com

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 02:40 AM
tlbauerle is currently offline Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

No,it was Jor-El and they're going to use the footage from Donner's Superman II that was never used.No one is playing Jor-El,they're just using Marlon Brando's old footage from Donner's Superman II.

I see. I could've sworn there was something about Anthony Hopkins being in the movie, oh well.

I like the part, in the Trailer, when Superman was slowly walking up to, I think, Lois lane up on that roof top, lol

I think i may get used to his burgundy Cape colors sooner that later.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 02:42 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Y'know, I hate to admit it, but after seeing the trailer, maybe, just maybe, this movie will be good after all.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 02:47 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

If there was anything about this guy being Jor-El,it was a rumor created by an idiotic fan.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 02:47 AM
FistOfThe North

If there was anything about this guy being Jor-El,it was a rumor created by an idiotic fan.

Actually, Anthony Hopkins would make a bad Jor-El after all, if you really think about it.

I dunno what Superman was doing 70 miles up in the air in space, either praying or regenerating or recharging but he flew down towards, what I think was Metropolis, but how can that be? The trailer showed a coastal city from space that Supes flew into and isn't metropolis in Kansas Maybe he's fighting crime there too, he was always everywhere after all.

I'm amped. This will be the Uber comic movies of all movie of all time.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 03:02 AM
Jedi Shmedi
NNOOO000000oooooo

It's true Anthony Hopkins was actually signed on to play Jor-El.......5 years ago lol. Wizard magazine had a whole article about "The New Superman Movie"
But that was wayu before Singer, or even Brett Ratner were even considered as director. Hopkins dropped because the movie wasn't making any progress. (Keep in mind this was back when they were going to start the series over, then bryan Singer came along and showed them the light....)

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 03:21 AM
Jedi Shmedi is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Shmedi a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Shmedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

do you guys know if they're keeping the same theme? i don't think i can ever get used to a new Superman theme....

OH and the beginning of the trailer was eerily similar to the beginning of Batman Begins (kid falls thru and drops except the former probably finds out he can't be hurt or he floats...and the latter gets freaked out by bats)

Last edited by SpyCspider on Nov 18th, 2005 at 05:09 AM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 05:03 AM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I loved the trailer. It's just that damn costume. It's really bothering me. And they kinda jacked up the emblem. They messed with the emblem and made it look like brandname for a children's toy.

But otherwise the trailer rocked. Hopefully, I can get over the costume....

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 05:17 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Actually, Anthony Hopkins would make a bad Jor-El after all, if you really think about it.

I dunno what Superman was doing 70 miles up in the air in space, either praying or regenerating or recharging but he flew down towards, what I think was Metropolis, but how can that be? The trailer showed a coastal city from space that Supes flew into and isn't metropolis in Kansas Maybe he's fighting crime there too, he was always everywhere after all.

I'm amped. This will be the Uber comic movies of all movie of all time.
No, Metropolis is in Washington DC

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 08:52 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

see here:

Attachment: dcusa_ne.gif
This has been downloaded 216 time(s).

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 08:59 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

Hmm nice trailer. I dont like the actor and the costume....but looking at trailer. It could be indeed a good movie.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 10:05 AM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by eleveninches
No, Metropolis is in Washington DC

But in "Smallville", Metropolis is in Kansas. I remember Clark and Lana looking at a far away Metropolis from atop a windmill on the outskirts of Smallville, and Smallville is in Kansas, right?

And isn't Smallville in Kansas in the comics too?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 01:25 PM
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love the new costume and I think Brandon Routh will be a great Clark Kent/Superman.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 05:02 PM