KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Why do people call X-Men: First Class a good Prequel?

Why do people call X-Men: First Class a good Prequel?
Started by: batman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
batman
worlds best decective

Why do people call X-Men: First Class a good Prequel?

I don't get why people say the Star Wars Prequels are awful for their continuity errors. Yet, X-Men: First Class is marked as a great Prequel, when it's packed with continuity errors left right & centre!

Some ghave made the argument 'But it's set in a different univeres!'But it's quite obvious that it does take place in the same universe as the Original trilogy, because it has the same opening. Also the sequel, Days of Future Past has a flash forward to X-Men: The ast Stand, so it is obvious that the films are canon.

People have also said, "The events from DOFP changed the timeline, so that's why FC follows a different continuity", but that argument is also invalid. Because First Class happened before the events of DOFP, so therefore the events leading up to it should be the same as they were before the timeline changed.

Raven not killing Trask may have changed the future, but it wouldn't change the past now would it???

So how is First Class a good Prequel?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2017 12:30 AM
batman is currently offline Click here to Send batman a Private Message Find more posts by batman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I think it had a lot to do with how bad X3 and Wolverine were. 1st Class was all right, but it looks even better when the previous movies are absolute shit. Expectations were low.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jan 22nd, 2017 at 01:51 AM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2017 01:49 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Why did you make multiple threads for this topic?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2017 02:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batman
worlds best decective

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Why did you make multiple threads for this topic?

I decided it would likely get more attention in the Movie discussion & I was right.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 07:36 PM
batman is currently offline Click here to Send batman a Private Message Find more posts by batman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

first class was a good prequel because the previous movies were so bad

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 07:58 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pig:Destroyer

Originally posted by staxamillion
first class was a good prequel because the previous movies were so bad
Any true X-Men fan knows that the first three movies were the best example of bringing comics to life. Have you even read any X-Men comics? can you even read?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2017 06:56 PM
Pig:Destroyer is currently offline Click here to Send Pig:Destroyer a Private Message Find more posts by Pig:Destroyer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The first film was solid, but X2 and especially X3 The Last Stand was when they were drifting further and further away from the comics. Time has sadly proven that Bryan Singer simply wasn't meant for X-Men.

The 2nd X trilogy was far superior.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2017 09:00 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Pigbig grinestroyer
Any true X-Men fan knows that the first three movies were the best example of bringing comics to life. Have you even read any X-Men comics? can you even read?

I know it's mean, but I laughed. That really awful snarky laugh too. Sorry.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The first film was solid, but X2 and especially X3 The Last Stand was when they were drifting further and further away from the comics. Time has sadly proven that Bryan Singer simply wasn't meant for X-Men.

The 2nd X trilogy was far superior.

I thought Apocalypse was shite personally, but the other two were pretty good, with First Class being really good imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2017 12:25 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Apocalypse was a disappointment, yeah, but it wasn't X3 levels of bad. Even with the "3rd movie curse" in mind, the 2nd trilogy still far surpasses the 1st.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2017 02:18 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Apocalypse was a disappointment, yeah, but it wasn't X3 levels of bad. Even with the "3rd movie curse" in mind, the 2nd trilogy still far surpasses the 1st.

I really disliked Apocalypse, personally. Would I say it's as bad as X3? No, but the gap isn't that wide for me. Either way, yeah, the second trilogy is the superior one by a fair amount.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2017 06:18 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dofroos
Restricted

Account Restricted

epic time)

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 09:10 AM
dofroos is currently offline Click here to Send dofroos a Private Message Find more posts by dofroos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote