KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Will Tim Drake become the next Batman?

Will Tim Drake become the next Batman?
Started by: Mainstream

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mainstream
lighting the way

Will Tim Drake become the next Batman?

with Dick Grayson becoming Nightwing...his adult superhero persona his journey to become an adult superhero is complete. I read Titans tomorrow and it hints that current robin tim drake will become batman...thought this is an alternate timeline or whatever...it got me thinking...when bruce finally steps down...will tim decide to become Baman? It seems logically. what are your thoughts on this?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 03:49 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

I always thought it would go this way...

Since Drake is sort of a little brother to Grayson, I figured when Bruce died or got too old, Grayson would become Batman and Drake would become Nightwing, and they'd recruit a new Robin and Batgirl and maybe even another new character to help adjust.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 08:12 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

Well Tim in the comics has actually said he would never become Batman

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 08:26 PM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Just a question, Thats all.

What if Bruce steped down and there was no more Batman.

Then the Guardians of Gotham City would be up to nightwing and Robin

What if there was some Big finale in the Batman Comics, and it was over.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 04:15 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vegas
Sin City Sith Lord

I know it isn't canon, but you should check out Batman Beyond: The Return of The Joker.

It's a really interesting take.

Sig by ThePittman

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 05:35 AM
Darth Vegas is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vegas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ayjay
Psycho....

i can't see tim becomming batman....i just dont see him as dark enough....i dunno...i'm not a HUGE batman fan, so i dont know heaps....but i would see dick becomming batz if anyone....but i think that if batman cops it.....thats it...there wont be another one....until someone completely or supposedly unrealated comes into play (like batman beyond) and takes up the cowl

*Is ThEre N e OnE SeXier?*

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 09:49 AM
ayjay is currently offline Click here to Send ayjay a Private Message Find more posts by ayjay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

quote:
Originally posted by ayjay
i can't see tim becomming batman....i just dont see him as dark enough....i dunno...i'm not a HUGE batman fan, so i dont know heaps....but i would see dick becomming batz if anyone....but i think that if batman cops it.....thats it...there wont be another one....until someone completely or supposedly unrealated comes into play (like batman beyond) and takes up the cowl

Read Titans of Tomorrow...Tim became dark...darker than Bruce..Tim killed most of the old batman foes...used a gun..the gun that killed bruce partners...I know he said he'd never become batman...but in that timeline..he became far worst.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 02:50 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nothing

drake as bats wud be rubbish he hasnt got the right personality, and grayson as bats wud be even worse grayson is nightwing hes a hero in his own right.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 07:30 PM
nothing is currently offline Click here to Send nothing a Private Message Find more posts by nothing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OtterVomit

Grayson wore the Batsuit one time right after Knightfall, while Bruce was out of town.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 12:09 AM
OtterVomit is currently offline Click here to Send OtterVomit a Private Message Find more posts by OtterVomit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

actually Tim Drake mentally is on par with Batman.

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 12:25 AM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JadeCat
Cat & Bat 4ever

I think that either Tim or Richard could take on the mantle but you can't expect them to be exactly like Batman/Bruce Wayne. Richard I don't think wants his other identity to overtake his actual personality because it would probably make him lose his sanity. Tim I think does have the same detective skills as Batman although I'm not sure about his personality. Maybe he could become just as dark as Batman considering what happened w/ his father recently. You can't really expect them to be exactly like how Bruce is as Batman. Personally I would like to see Richard continue as Nightwing indefinitely because I think he's terrific in that persona (from what I've read anyway). He's really made it his own.

The more you see the less you know, the less you find out as you go. I knew much more then than I do now. - U2

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 08:54 AM
JadeCat is currently offline Click here to Send JadeCat a Private Message Find more posts by JadeCat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Dick is NIghtwing...so he has his grown up idenity...If Bruce has to step down...which he one day will..let's face it...then young Timmy could be Batman.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 03:05 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I doubt it. I thought Azrael was going to be the next Batman after the whole Knightfall saga.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 07:19 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Bat12
Loner who wanders away

Yes.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 01:09 AM
The Bat12 is currently offline Click here to Send The Bat12 a Private Message Find more posts by The Bat12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Bruce would never step down, He was Batman longer than any of the other Flashs lol.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 01:43 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

no robin should be the next batman....robin is like a superhero apprentice...and all robins should eventually branch off and become their own superhero (or die which ever comes 1st)....the only thing that makes sense to replace bruce wayne as batman is how they did it on BB

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 02:28 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

If writter Geoff Johns has his way Timmy will be the Dark knight someday.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 03:03 PM
Jimmy Buggs

mainstream, I have been away from comics for awhile, can you tell me a little more about tim killing off people with a gun? why did he do it, what pushed him over the edge? was bruce dead? what villians did he kill? how old was he

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 11:31 PM
Jimmy Buggs is currently offline Click here to Send Jimmy Buggs a Private Message Find more posts by Jimmy Buggs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, Rocky Balboa will take Batman's place.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 01:05 AM
Gryn Jabar is currently offline Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Goldenskull777

Maybe..but most likely no

Never he wont. I read a comic that nightwing had to move to bludhaven because batman didnt want him anymore. I believe no one will be batman evil face

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 01:46 AM
Goldenskull777 is currently offline Click here to Send Goldenskull777 a Private Message Find more posts by Goldenskull777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote