KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » My review of batman begins (SPOILERS ALERT)

My review of batman begins (SPOILERS ALERT)
Started by: bakerboy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bakerboy

My review of batman begins (SPOILERS ALERT)

Well, this afternoon i have been one of the lukiest men on earth because a friend of mine is a cinema critic and he invited me to a special release for the press of batman begins in my country, spain, Althought the movie will be released next friday. And man, five words: BEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE EVER. Forgive superman movies, forgive man spider movies, forvige x men movies, daredevil , the hulk, punisher, etc, and specially forgive the four previous batman movies, THIS IS THE DEFINITIVE BATMAN MOVIE. For me, the other four dont exists. I will try dont tell too much for the people to keep the amazing effect of the movie when you see it for first time. Lets begin with the review:
First image of the movie, the warner bros loge turning into bats , whoaoooo, i was totally exited when i see it.

The first hour of the movie is about Young Bruce Wayne life and his training and travels for the world, his relationshipe with the misterous henry ducard, his remember of his parents murder and his feel of guilty, he wants to do something and find justice , but he doesnt know how . Ducard trained him and teach him how to concentrate his fell of guilty and rage in one objetive, and how to controlls his fear and use it to scare his enemies. This part of the movie is essential to understand who Bruce Wayne is and why he becomes batman.

Second part of the movie, gotham city. That is the gotham city of the comics, forgive burton and shumacher cities, that is the definitive gotham city. A corrupted, realistic and dark city that looks like a hell itself. We see the bruce wayne as he is in the comics. A tall, handsome, muscular and arrogant and silly play boy who are all day in parties and try to gets all the women. And we see batman, best batman ever, serious, intimidating and creepy. The definitive batman. We see Falcone, scarecrow, alfred, jim gordon, batmovile, batcave, etc. That is the world of dc comics . A lot of action, a lot of good action scenes, batman doing martial arts, scarecrow creepy as hell, awsome scenes with batmovile, a fine love story with rachel ( katie holmes) and spectacular end. What a end. Absolutely wonderful. At the end of the movie, you have the feeling that you know who batman and bruce wayne is and what are his motivations and why this guy wears a bat costume and fights the crime every night.

The good points: 95% of them. CHRISTIAN BALE IS THE MAN. He is amazing as batman and even more amazing as Bruce Wayne, his voice, his look, his conversations with alfred, his eyes, his screen presence.he isnt playing batman, he is batman. He was as good as Chris Reeve as superman.

The supporting cast is amazing: katie holmes is very good, Cillian Murphy is totally creepy as scarecrow/professor crane, Oldman, Wilkinson, Hauer, Watanebe and Freeman are very good , but specially Michael Caine and Liam Neeson. Caine`s alfred is brillaint, as good as michael gough was, his relationship with bruce and his sense of humour is great. Neeson is great too, his misterious and powerful precense as ducard almost steals the show. Really, Bale, Caine and Neeson stealed the show, with Murphy in a close second.

Bad points: Batmovile design: it should have been a lot better, but it stils works better than i thought.

The references to the burton movies: i thought that it was a total re start of the series, so , some references to the burton movies pissed me off.

To resume it, Best batman movie and best comic boock movie ever. At the end of the screening, almost all the people were aplauding in the cinema, including myself and my friend. Go and see quickly. a 9'9 of 10.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Last edited by bakerboy on Jun 13th, 2005 at 07:02 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 06:51 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

they did it they made a great Batman film..now I can die happy *pulls out a gun and blow his brains out*

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 06:54 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

I still with will hold judgement, until I see it. But by the sounds of it, it might be a good movie.

Burton Batman 89 still rules for live action so far.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 07:02 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

When you will see it, the burton movies looks like jokes.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 07:04 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Joker1237
I still with will hold judgement, until I see it. But by the sounds of it, it might be a good movie.

Burton Batman 89 still rules for live action so far.

all the reviewing people are saying it's "two thumbs up" "the movie of the summer" " if your going to see one movie this summer make it this one"..and all that jazz. I'm sure it's at least an 9.3 out of ten if not more.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 07:05 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

ITs one thing for the review people, But the general public??? I was reading about the review people saying Batman and Robin was a "Dizzleing" movie, But once it hit theaters, of couse it went down hill.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 07:07 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Originally posted by Joker1237
ITs one thing for the review people, But the general public??? I was reading about the review people saying Batman and Robin was a "Dizzleing" movie, But once it hit theaters, of couse it went down hill.

I see your point.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 07:08 PM
bakerboy

For me, its a 9'9 film. And not only the best superhero movie, is one of the best ten movies in last 15 years. And all the people of the cinema loved it , because they aplaud when the movie ended.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 07:10 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

Originally posted by bakerboy
For me, its a 9'9 film. And not only the best superhero movie, is one of the best ten movies in last 15 years. And all the people of the cinema loved it , because they aplaud when the movie ended.

that gives me hope...that the curse of crappy Batman movies is finally over..thought the first two were okay.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 07:12 PM
renegadedog

"ITs one thing for the review people, But the general public??? I was reading about the review people saying Batman and Robin was a "Dizzleing" movie, But once it hit theaters, of couse it went down hill."

It can't have had that many good reviews though, since it's about 13% on Rotten Tomatoes.

This is currnetly at 86% and I predict it to go up.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 12:17 AM
renegadedog is currently offline Click here to Send renegadedog a Private Message Find more posts by renegadedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

I talking about Newspaper and reporters, NOT websites. They are paid to talk about good things for a bad movie, until it hits the theaters.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 01:01 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

Originally posted by bakerboy
When you will see it, the burton movies looks like jokes.
you are so right! this movie is THEE batman movie..one and only period.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 08:46 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

As I said before Bakerboy,the fact that YOU loved it and even went so far as to saying you thought it was the best comicbook movie ever even better than Superman-which we have always agreed was the best comicbook film ever made.I have doubts that I will love it as well.I know Kitty like us,did not like any of the Batman movies either so hearing this from BOTH of you,that you BOTH loved it.I cant wait.I will be seeing it this weekend on saturday.I am so excited.I'll read your review later on after the weekend after I have seen it.Dont want any spoilers given to me. big grin

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 06:26 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Yeah, mr parker. It was incredible, because i think that superman was the best comic book film ever, as you think too, but this movie is so amazing that is even better than superman. Is an almost perfect movie, story, lines, performances,characters, direction, music,etc. Please, dont forget to post your review of the movie when you see it, and remember, you will love it.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 06:39 PM
bakerboy

For first time, we have a great batman movie that is very faithful to the comic and is a great movie.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 06:41 PM
Mr Parker

Yeah I will post it on this thread after this weekend.After I post my review,I will THEN read yours. big grin

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 06:48 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

I hate to be negative, but saying "one of the best ten movies in last 15 years"

is really overrating the movie.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 10:30 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Very encouraging to hear.I am seeing it tomorrow morning.Cannot wait.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 11:30 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

It's absolutely amazing! As has been stated above, this is the 1 and only true Batman film. One of the best action movies ever!thumb up

Gotham city looks amazing, Christian Bale was born to be the bat, the scarecrow crazy gas angle was amazing, the surprise villain in the end was unexpected and awesome. The bat mobile looks like a Lamborghini on steroids! thumb up

Fantastic movie!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 12:23 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atila the great
Capo

this is without a doubt the BEST comic-based movie EVER made period

all of you who say katie's character's weak, think again! the whole cast makes a perfect score. it puts a very high mark to beat by any new SH movie

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 04:46 AM
atila the great is currently offline Click here to Send atila the great a Private Message Find more posts by atila the great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote