KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Robin in Batman Begins Sequel?

Do you think Robin should be included in a Batman Begins sequel?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
No! 15 45.45%
Absolutely 3 9.09%
Not sure 6 18.18%
Maybe in a 3rd or 4th movie 9 27.27%
Total: 33 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Robin in Batman Begins Sequel?
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Robin in Batman Begins Sequel?

Personally I wouldn't like to see Robin introduced into this franchise but everyone has different views on this and it seems like a worthy discussion. Basically, would you like to see Robin in a sequel?

Also, here is what director Christopher Nolan recently had to say about the subject:

"Like Begins, one clear cut villain isn't the plan [though]" and the likelihood of Robin appearing "The studio wasn't interested in Robin. We weren't either. This is a young Batman, so Robin's a few films....not for a few pictures anyway. Dick Grayson's still in a crib somewhere. I seriously doubt I will even be involved when Robin's in the franchise" says Nolan.

LINK

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Last edited by Praylu on Jun 23rd, 2005 at 12:11 AM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 12:09 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kieralinn

I agree with the studio.....no need for Robin at all. If they make 5 or 6 six films?/ Maybe.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 12:50 AM
Kieralinn is currently offline Click here to Send Kieralinn a Private Message Find more posts by Kieralinn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kieralinn
I agree with the studio.....no need for Robin at all. If they make 5 or 6 six films?/ Maybe.

yeah... robin is neither wanted nor needed...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 01:21 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zod4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

I picked maybe in a 3rd or 4th movie as long as they could get the right actor for the role of Robin.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 05:16 AM
Zod4Life is currently offline Click here to Send Zod4Life a Private Message Find more posts by Zod4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

by the 3rd or 4th film you shall beg for Robin. he is batman "son" and where else should a son fight but alongside his "father"

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 01:45 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tthe Almighty
Futurama is the best

i think that there should be a movie about robin but batman makes occasional visits that could make a good movie

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 03:39 PM
Tthe Almighty is currently offline Click here to Send Tthe Almighty a Private Message Find more posts by Tthe Almighty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Originally posted by Tthe Almighty
i think that there should be a movie about robin but batman makes occasional visits that could make a good movie

that could work A Robin featuring Batman movie....but I think they should put Robin in A Batman movie...(3rd or 4th..3rd would be better) before they make a Robin movie...it'd be a spinoff from the Begins series....Dick Grayson backstory and character are too cool and important to the batman mythos to be thrown out like stale Mac and cheese but until about the 3rd film it should be all about the Bat.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 03:44 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I don't mind a Robin in the movie but I agree is too early to re-introduce him. Pick anyone as Robin except Chris O' Donnell.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 09:28 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Originally posted by WindDancer
I don't mind a Robin in the movie but I agree is too early to re-introduce him. Pick anyone as Robin except Chris O' Donnell.

even me

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 09:28 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

lol! What is that black spot on the dancing banana?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 09:30 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

lol! What is that black spot on the dancing banana?

hair I think.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 09:31 PM
Mr Parker

It would be treason to not include Robin- a huge and an important character of the Batman universe in a sequel.By the time the fourth film is made,he's GOT to be included.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 07:44 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

We are in total agreement on that Wind.Whatever they do,dont bring Chris O'donnel back for the part.He was way too old back then and he would be even much older now than he was then for the part.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 07:46 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

They're never gonna recast the same roles in these films if they didn't even let Elfman do the music, so don't worry about O'Donnell ruining the role for the 2nd time. I think if they do Robin it'll be in at least the third or fourth, and it'll focus around a kid that's younger, maybe 15 or so. On movies.com they have Barbara Gordon listed...I don't remember that part of the movie, but she's apparently in there. However, I think that the sidekicks won't show up for a while. After all, this is just the beginning of Batman's career. They could skip a year or two and start off there with Batman 2, and so forth, but they'll never skip like 5 years at one given time. Robin shouldn't occur until the third at the earliest.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 09:07 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

yeah good point.If they didnt even allow Elfman to have his music in it then they sure wont bring Back O'donnel as Robin then.I just hope this time they can remember the name Scott Weinger.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 10:39 PM
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Bale also talked to the Chicago Sun-Times where he expressed his thoughts on Robin, the character whom plays Batman's teenage sidekick in the comics and previous Batman films.

"Thank God, there was no Robin," Bale says. "You really don't need him because Robin makes it campy and not dark.

LINK

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 10:45 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Joker#1
Powerful foe

I for one am glad Robin is not in the sequal.

He's not needed.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 02:11 AM
The Joker#1 is currently offline Click here to Send The Joker#1 a Private Message Find more posts by The Joker#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Like I said in another Thread, have a Robin at the very end of the last Batman movie of this series. This was there can be a spin off (if they so desire) and even a good starting point for the next series of movies. But keep this series dark, dont have a Robin in it.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 04:17 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Bale also talked to the Chicago Sun-Times where he expressed his thoughts on Robin, the character whom plays Batman's teenage sidekick in the comics and previous Batman films.

"Thank God, there was no Robin," Bale says. "You really don't need him because Robin makes it campy and not dark.

LINK

I am now a Bale hater now. mad

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 05:59 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by Mr Parker
We are in total agreement on that Wind.Whatever they do,dont bring Chris O'donnel back for the part.He was way too old back then and he would be even much older now than he was then for the part.

I'm glad you agree. The revival of the franchise does not need a Robin.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 11:28 PM