KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » If BATMAN FOREVER Was Directed By Tim Burton As The Final BATMAN Movie

If BATMAN FOREVER Was Directed By Tim Burton As The Final BATMAN Movie
Started by: sevenman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sevenman

If BATMAN FOREVER Was Directed By Tim Burton As The Final BATMAN Movie

That'd be cool, right?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 07:18 AM
sevenman is currently offline Click here to Send sevenman a Private Message Find more posts by sevenman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

It would've been a lot more realistic, and better.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 06:58 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Dent
Two-Face

I would have loved to seen Tim Burton direct Two-Face.

He would have made him dark instead of a moron like Joel portrayed him.

Coin lands on the bad head - we hit 'em hard."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 10:42 PM
Harvey Dent is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Dent a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Dent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

The Riddler would've been more of The Riddler too, he wouldn't have been The Joker + 5 or 6 easy questions.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 12:06 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sevenman

Good point, NoFate007. Joel Schumacher made all of his villains wannabe JOKERS. Tommy Lee Jones was a great actor for Two Face and was wasted in FOREVER along with the usually calm and cunning THE RIDDLER who reminded me of a reincarnated Ace Ventura. BATMAN & ROBIN wasted Poison Ivy as a bad actor. BANE was disrespected the most out of any villian with a bad plot with a bad brainless character and bad acting from old and retarded wrestlers who have heart attacks almost as tragic as the movies they made the same year. I liked Mr.Freeze. My mom hasn't seen BATMAN & ROBIN since we saw it in theaters with my little brothers in 1997 and she still remembers the part where Mr.Freeze watches his frozen wife. This effect is ruined since the button that opens the room is behind a TV Dinner. But still. It would've been awesome if Tim Burton directed BATMAN FOREVER and there was no ROBIN.

Homer: Batman's a scientist.
Marge: IT'S NOT BATMAN!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 01:56 AM
sevenman is currently offline Click here to Send sevenman a Private Message Find more posts by sevenman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peejay88

Michael Keaton would have also been in Batman Forever if Burton did it, becuase the film wouldn't have been to light for his tastes, i think this would have helped with continuity and empathy with Bruce/Batman. ARGH, It could have been really good

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 09:11 PM
peejay88 is currently offline Click here to Send peejay88 a Private Message Find more posts by peejay88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Actually it would have sucked even worse than it did suck if he directed it.That idiot Burton would have had batman getting the crap beat out of him by Two Faces goons making him a wuss like he did in the first batman film and if he could not have cast keaton who was the worst casting choice in comicbook history,he would have gone and cast someone else like keaton who also was physically wrong for the role of bruce wayne.Thank god schumacher came along because batman forever of the four films made before begins was the only halfway decent batman movie made of the four even though it sucked as well.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 09:24 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

You are kidding right...I mean sure thing you can hate the first two movies all you like but "keaton who was the worst casting choice in comicbook history" is just a plain stupid thing to say.....everyone that has seen Batman and Robin can name roughly four more that were worse than Keaton......

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 10:26 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Mr. Parker, do you ever shut up? It's always the same arguement with you. And even though it has been a pleasure to debate with you and your Spider-Man movie hating friend, now it is getting stupid. No one likes Forever except a few, and nobody will take you seriously on this forum if you say, "Keaton was the worst casting choice in comic movie history." because quiet frankly, it's not true at all.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 12:35 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil pimp

quote: (post)
Originally posted by peejay88
Michael Keaton would have also been in Batman Forever if Burton did it, becuase the film wouldn't have been to light for his tastes, i think this would have helped with continuity and empathy with Bruce/Batman. ARGH, It could have been really good

Michael Keaton was a wack batman . Thank god for val kilmor !

And why is everyone dicen Batman 3 and 4 both movies were mostly made for kids and I bet whoever saw it at a young age liked it and if tim berton were to do it he would of forgot about robin again , and like batman but i rather see both batman and robin together Like the oldschool episodes in the 70's!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 12:37 AM
lil pimp is currently offline Click here to Send lil pimp a Private Message Find more posts by lil pimp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Well said Pimp. thumb up A lot of people like batdude just cant comprehend it though that Keaton was a wack and Kilmer was a much better choice for the role.They just dont get it that if an actor doesnt even come close to fitting the role which keaton did not,they bring no crediblity to the part.Yeah thank god for Schumacher,if Burton had done forever,we would never have had Robin who is an important part of the history of Batman.Thats like Abbot and costello without costello or The Lone Ranger without Tonto.Not saying that Robin has to be in every Batman movie,but he should at least eventually come on in a sequel and had burton directed forever,we never would have had Robin in a sequel and like I said,Burton would have had batman be a wuss and get the crap beat out of him by those goons of two faces and we never would have seen his martial arts skills he possesses like he demonstrated in forever and Burton would have cast an actor who would have again been short,half bald,and out of shape.so thank god for shumacher in the fact that forever was much more loyal to the comicbook than burtons were and not near as bad a film as burtons batman movies were.Batman and Robin however is a different story though.THAT film WAS as bad as Burtons batman movies were.Clooney was as bad a choice for that role as keaton was as well.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Aug 22nd, 2005 at 02:30 PM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 02:17 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by sevenman
Good point, NoFate007. Joel Schumacher made all of his villains wannabe JOKERS. Tommy Lee Jones was a great actor for Two Face and was wasted in FOREVER along with the usually calm and cunning THE RIDDLER who reminded me of a reincarnated Ace Ventura. BATMAN & ROBIN wasted Poison Ivy as a bad actor. BANE was disrespected the most out of any villian with a bad plot with a bad brainless character and bad acting from old and retarded wrestlers who have heart attacks almost as tragic as the movies they made the same year. I liked Mr.Freeze. My mom hasn't seen BATMAN & ROBIN since we saw it in theaters with my little brothers in 1997 and she still remembers the part where Mr.Freeze watches his frozen wife. This effect is ruined since the button that opens the room is behind a TV Dinner. But still. It would've been awesome if Tim Burton directed BATMAN FOREVER and there was no ROBIN.

The movie would have sucked far worse with Burton directing it and no Robin. roll eyes (sarcastic) Well I take that back,Chris O'donnel was just as horrible a choice for Robin as Keaton was for batman in the fact like Keaton,he did not fit the role either since he was wayyy too old for the part and a horrible actor as well.anybody would have been a better robin than o'donnel was so a batman movie without o'donnel as robin is better than a batman movie WITH o'donnel as robin anyday of the year.
btw,while you are talking about a bad brainless character with bad acting,dont forget to mention Danny Devito as well,he clearly belongs in that group.His acting which is normally great in all his other movies,was just horrible in this movie.Hopefully Nolan will make a sequel with Penguin in it and do Penguins character justice.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 02:38 PM
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

As usual, i agree with Parker.

I think that Burton would have taken Two Face and made him more zany, which would have taken him further from his roots of tragedy.

Let's face it. Tim Burton is a half-baked Stanley Kubrick, anyways, minus any shred of subtelty.

Kubrick's Two-face would have been correct. Kubrick's movie, however, would be four hours long, include a rape scene, and be completely incomprehensible.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 08:25 PM
tpaquin is currently offline Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

See I think Burton rooted his characters to the ground for the most part. Selina Kyle was a great, great portrayal of the character. Penguin was different, but I think it was done really innovative and good. Not the "its new so its good" stuff, I think it actually worked. His jokes are always lame in his movies, but I think if he were to do the film, he'd have Two-Face be the Catwoman - very realistic, and Riddler be the Penguin, where its just a tad over the top in some aspects. Plus, O'Donnell wouldn't have been casted, I'm pretty positive on that one. He was a horrible Robin, which disgraced the character almost as bad as that 60s tv show which gave him the reputation of being homosexual.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 09:31 PM
lil pimp

It was the 60's what do you accpect!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 09:41 PM
lil pimp is currently offline Click here to Send lil pimp a Private Message Find more posts by lil pimp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Burton would have given everyone a great movie, but sadly, dumb ass Schumacher came and killed Batman. The weapons of use, neon, butt shots, nipples, and Joker wanna be villians.(even Mr. Freeze was acting this way in B&R!) Why do you like Forever, it wasn't close to the comics at all! Two-Face kept flipping his coin to get the answer HE wanted! Two-Face doesn't do that! And Riddler wasn't Riddler at all! Same goes for Two-Face. And Kilmer couldn't act his way out of a paper bag! He sucked! And don't get me started on O' Donnell. At LEAST Alfred's character was quite decent. And Commishiner Gordan was ok.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 03:15 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil pimp

Originally posted by Bat Dude
Burton would have given everyone a great movie, but sadly, dumb ass Schumacher came and killed Batman. The weapons of use, neon, butt shots, nipples, and Joker wanna be villians.(even Mr. Freeze was acting this way in B&R!) Why do you like Forever, it wasn't close to the comics at all! Two-Face kept flipping his coin to get the answer HE wanted! Two-Face doesn't do that! And Riddler wasn't Riddler at all! Same goes for Two-Face. And Kilmer couldn't act his way out of a paper bag! He sucked! And don't get me started on O' Donnell. At LEAST Alfred's character was quite decent. And Commishiner Gordan was ok.

Batman forever is true to the original comics and all that neon sh*t you don't like i love only Schumacher didn't want to make his ghetto's to look like all the rest he wanted to make Gotham city a sico frenzy plus I know every body want a dark and serious batman even i do sometimes but not all the damn time I liked the humor in batman and robin especially when batman took out his visa card in one of the parts,and yo val kilmer can act and he looks better as a batman unlike that short half bald guy from the first two and as for the butt shots just ignore them. You got's to be crazy if you think the riddler was wack that was the best riddler i've seen so far.As for two-face he wasn't the meanbad-guy he was a sicotick man that could be laughing and getting drunk as hell then if you said something he didnt like your a$$ is shot and thats why i liked him!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 04:12 PM
jinzin

dude batman forever is not true to the comics..you must be out of your mind....

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 04:21 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil pimp

I don't really give a shit if it was or wasn't straight up i liked both scumachers movies actually you know what I even liked batman and robin more than batman begins, my little cousin fell asleep through BB and he's a batman fanatic If you don't like it to bad and who knows i probably am out of my mind. What Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 04:30 PM
jinzin

laughing out loud

you liked batman and robin !

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 04:36 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote