KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Dark Knight Returns Video Game

Dark Knight Returns Video Game
Started by: Lord Paradise

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Paradise

Dark Knight Returns Video Game

If you think about it, DKR would make a great video game on so many levels. Even if the video game weren't intended to match the brilliance of the book in terms of the writing and the feel, it would still really work.

It's mostly about the way the story builds: from Harvey Dent to the Mutants to the Joker through to the end. There's also potential for a number of boss-fights, and it would be a great free-roaming Gotham with all the random crimes.

What do you think?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 02:05 AM
Lord Paradise is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Paradise a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Paradise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lorddreamer

I'm a little cautious about that. Have you played Batman Begins?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2007 02:57 AM
lorddreamer is currently offline Click here to Send lorddreamer a Private Message Find more posts by lorddreamer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

I liked Batman Begins!

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2007 12:20 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lorddreamer

^ was cool till the end. I hated the fighting and not being able to whip out my crazy gizmos at will... the game pretty much just plays itself.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 12:20 AM
lorddreamer is currently offline Click here to Send lorddreamer a Private Message Find more posts by lorddreamer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

DK2 would be cool too

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 05:35 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

They need to make a Spider-Man 2 style Batman game where they take some of the ideas from the Superman game as well (but not much, since it sucked) and apply it. Instead of cycling through your heat vision, ice breath, etc powers, you could be cycling through gadgets. It could all take place in Gotham and include tons of different villains doing tons of different crimes, and like you said, since they have random things to stop all the time, Gotham is ripe with crime to do this. They just can't have Batman stopping balloons...lol Instead of web-swinging or flying, you get the Batmobile. They could use some of the best storylines from the characters and use those as the plots you have to stop. I think that type of a game would be great. I've never read Dark Knight Returns though, so I can't say whether or not I think that specifically would be a good game.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 04:53 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Knightfall could make a good game... I'd like it in the style of the Return of the King mission framework, in that you get different "paths" where you play as different characters on each. Like, part telling Bruce's adventures as both Batman and against Benedict Asp, a JPV storyline... and a more varied one where you have Nightwing, Robin et al...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 05:11 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm hoping that the next Batman game will have major improvements. For one, it'll need for combos seeing as Batman is a skilled martial artist. The next Batman game also needs free-roaming & you need to have the ability to throw smoke bombs, batarangs, etc. at your enemies. You should also be able to drive the batmobile when you're free-roaming.

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 09:43 PM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote