KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Has anyone noticed these major differences between T3 and the originals?

Has anyone noticed these major differences between T3 and the originals?
Started by: vvvrulz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Worried Has anyone noticed these major differences between T3 and the originals?

I just recently saw the first two yet again, and it occurred to me just how different they are to T3. The first two seem to follow a parallel structure, basically a similar sequence of events. The other differences im thinking of are the cinematic ones, T1 and 2 had big flash credit intro's with the terminator theme music in the background, whereas T3 was silent. Furthermore, T3's first car chase was silent also, whats up with that!

The dialogues were crap, but that barely needs re-stating.

Subtle differences, but the lack of James Cameron influence does show.
T4 is bound to follow a similar fate..
What do ya think?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 01:59 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

T3's first car chase? do you mean when the TX gets pulled over by a cop car erm thats not a car chase my friend....

if you are referring to the chase with the bloody crane truck thing then THAT was a excellent and most awesome chase for the record books and it certainly WAS NOT silent.

now then, the first terminator opening credits was very cheap and wasnt loud (I think), T2 was nice and loud and, as standard, great! T3 credits was just......well just explaining what John Connor had done with himself to stay "off the grid"

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 12:52 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Yeah im talking about the crane chase, well for the most part there was no background music, and i found a real lack of excitement hence, but this is in comparison to the truck/motorcycle chase in T2.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 08:55 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

T2 featured a process whereby the mistakes of the original film were systematically undone. The imagery was used to great efficacy. T3 didn't really have any creative effort put in.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 06:30 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage713

t2 and t1 were developed to have a great plot and mix good action scenes into them. t3 had a good plot, but there wasnt much thought put into it. it lacked the qualities that made the first 2 so great. the biggest mistake was that the majority of the movie happened during the day not at night( like in the first 2) also it was way too short. there was no time for real character/ story development. and most of the story was beeing told in the middle of an action sequence. the film took place in less then 24 hrs. and mostow tried to do too much at once. thats the differance between t3 and the first 2

great sig made by hegemon

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 05:41 PM
carnage713 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage713 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spectr4L
The Loyalist

quote:
Originally posted by shaber
T2 featured a process whereby the mistakes of the original film were systematically undone. The imagery was used to great efficacy. T3 didn't really have any creative effort put in.

I couldn't agree more.

When I first seen it, I thought it was great...the excitement of seeing a new Terminator flick clouded my thoughts. However, after seeing it for the third time, I realized how shoddy it actually was. I honestly think I could've done a better job with T3's creative processes.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 03:29 AM
Spectr4L is currently offline Click here to Send Spectr4L a Private Message Find more posts by Spectr4L Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

yeah, touches like those yellow starshaped shades just made a mockery of the original two.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 04:10 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage713

ya and it wud have helped if that part was even remotly funny.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 04:46 PM
carnage713 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage713 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

The 'apparent' humor was poorly timed in T3, it just unnecessarily eased the tension, when things should have been more intruiging.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 04:42 AM
carnage713

ya i get wut ur sayin

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 03:42 PM
kanis
L dragon

alien When i watched it the first time diden't even like it, you can see why James Cameron diden't make it for its rubbish they should have left with the just the two movies and John Connor was a whining idiot who's girlfriend has more balls that he has, and the idea that Sarah Connor died of leukemia that was stupid.

The dragon lord cometh

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 11:47 AM
kanis is currently offline Click here to Send kanis a Private Message Find more posts by kanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by kanis
the idea that Sarah Connor died of leukemia that was stupid.

I hated that alot mad

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 01:47 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

They totally killed off her character. She was central in the series, it was a shame to see it end like that.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 09:38 AM
alic88
Barzakh

that was the only thing they cud do.. ii mean linda hamilton saw the script and was like WTF... and it was funny she was saying( wow right now i was just scrolling and just saw the intro of t2... AHHH THE MEMORIES....) its on USA network right now

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 01:04 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Who could blame her for saying "wtf"

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 06:28 AM
kanis
L dragon

alien No one can

The dragon lord cometh

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 10:49 AM
kanis is currently offline Click here to Send kanis a Private Message Find more posts by kanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

when i showed my parents the movie.. they love SARAH CONNOR.. and my mom almost refused2watch t3 after i told her that " JOHN'S MOTHER" WONT BE IN THE FILM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 10:25 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Haha fair enough.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 04:25 AM
closetobroke

the time sphere thingy that the terminators arrive in was not as elaborate as in T1 and T2.
In T3, the electrical displays are not as spider-webby as in T1. And there's not so much drama in the terminators' arrival.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 01:20 AM
closetobroke is currently offline Click here to Send closetobroke a Private Message Find more posts by closetobroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

quote:
Originally posted by vvvrulz
The 'apparent' humor was poorly timed in T3, it just unnecessarily eased the tension, when things should have been more intruiging.

Erm, you should know that some of us actually did find the humour in T3 quite amusing vvvrulz! Not all of us thought that it was unnecessary; quite the opposite, in fact - I thought that the humour merely served to enrich the film ...

But then again, that's just me stick out tongue !

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Sep 6th, 2004 11:12 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote