KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Favorite Things about all the Terminator movies

Favorite Things about all the Terminator movies
Started by: tp85

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tp85

Question Favorite Things about all the Terminator movies

Hi there, I'm new in this place so I was wondering... What are all your favorite things about these movies??? These are mine:

The Music

Not just the famous theme tune, but the actual soundtrack. Like the very beginning of T1 (during the "the machines rose from the ashes of the nuclear fire" bit) . Yes I know its synthesised, but it just FITS the movie so well, its cold, distant, dark, subtle. In T2 its continued, becomeing a bit more human (--like the T-800) but still being clever, not too intrusive. T3 I was disappointed by, because they went for the standard hollywood action movie music - huge orchestras and epic swelling music. it just didnt feel right.

and the Tone/'Feel' of the movie:

In T1, it was never meant to be a blockbuster action movie, just a small sci-fi film made very cheaply by relative unknowns. It's dark and gritty, and its also quite serious and real. And the Terminator is really pretty damn scary. T2 is excellent - it takes the ideas of the first film and multiplies by 1000 and its probably the most entertaining of the 3, but I'd say T1 was the most interesting.

I also like noticing really subtle things between the first 2 movies... like how Dr Silberman pauses a videotape of a 'crazy' person in both; Arnie is thrown through a glass window in the same way in both; John running down the corridor away from the t-800 is like how sarah and reese run from it in T1; the t-1000 and t-800 both coming out of the fire...

I could go on for years and years...
Anyway what are your thoughts?????

Who else thinks they should re-release T1 and T2?? In their special editions. I love how in T1 the deleted scene where Sarah and Reese decide to blow up cyberdyne, and thats why they make the bombs, and the factory at the end turns out to be cyberdyne!!! I think that element fits really well with T2.

Last edited by tp85 on Aug 18th, 2004 at 05:47 AM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 05:43 AM
tp85 is currently offline Click here to Send tp85 a Private Message Find more posts by tp85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Hey there.

I agree with some points back there, the theme music definately rocks. Also T1 managed to throw in a large element of suspense, T2 was simply awesome, had a huge number of good points. Its a bit of a shame that T3 kinda spoiled the party.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 07:50 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I completely agree with you, TP85; the music from the first two films absolutely rocks {though I'm not huge fan of the music from T3 either}, and I love the way that each film {even the unfairly maligned T3, in my view} has its own little subtleties, and its own unique tone.

Also, a bit of an obvious point, this - but there's no denying that the action and SFX for all three films are also top notch.

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 07:12 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

I completely agree with all three of you.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:02 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

The terminator theme is for me the best theme for a movie EVER

the character of john is also a massive reason that i love the terminator movies. even though he didnt turn out 2b what i wanted in t3, still he will always be my favorite movie character.

sarah connor in t2 was very influential, every1 applauded her role in the movie, showed the skills of a true fighter, that woman fought her soul off for the human existance.
t1000 and t800: need i say n e more?

AND LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST, teh storyline of the story is mind-blowing, confusin yes but yet i believe its pretty simple. the idea is to teach the value of human life, and how something we can make can turn out to be so different, amazing storyline God bless James Cameron

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 10:35 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Yeah its not often mentioned how perfectly cast the first two movies were. Arnie, Beihn, Furlong, Linda.. all fit the bill absolutely right.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 12:18 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

The music is a huge part of what makes those two movies. SO INCREDIBLE! My fav soundtrack for any movie is T2.

One thing I love about T2 is the suspense of not knowing T2 is the good guy. Of course, everyone knows this and I can never relive the anticipation or excitement of it, but knowing how well it was pulled off makes me squirm in my chair with excitement and glee.....mayb not but I do like it

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 08:34 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ignite
Toats My Goats

the best thing about the terminator movies is in all 3 they had hot guys....and killings....and robots.....gore, stuff like that.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 08:38 AM
Ignite is currently offline Click here to Send Ignite a Private Message Find more posts by Ignite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Konjammenson> Especially the bit where Arnold pulls out the gun from the bundle of roses, as both Terminators slowly enclose John, one of the best parts in the franchise.

Ignite> Hot guys?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 11:14 PM
Ignite
Toats My Goats

hell yes, in the first it was the good guy, the
second it was john and
the third its john....heh and well arnold!
i love it how the evil ones just kill ppl..
its great

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 11:19 PM
Ignite is currently offline Click here to Send Ignite a Private Message Find more posts by Ignite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

The third john looked like a monkey though :P

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 10:27 AM
alic88
Barzakh

^ but he acted well.. c'mon vvv u know better than2say tht.. nick stahl did a really good job

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 12:47 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

Terminator movies... chases!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 09:59 AM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

You sure alic?

I thought Eddie Furlong was far better.

And yeah, the chases really rocked, particularly the T-1000 in truck after John on his bike.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 12:09 AM
alic88
Barzakh

never comppared eddie wid nick. just sayin tht nick doesnt deserve 2b critisized. it should b mostow all the way

and oh ya 1 thing i forgot. i love stan winston's work on the terminator movies. he was a big factor

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 12:37 AM
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by alic88
and oh ya 1 thing i forgot. i love stan winston's work on the terminator movies. he was a big factor

I agree, although unfortunately even he couldn't save T3.

Just a note also, that the theme for Terminator 2 was played for about 2 minutes during the Academy Awards as they went into commercials.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 03:22 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

[edit] Nevermind

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 05:34 AM
alic88
Barzakh

lol

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 10:33 PM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Nobody could save T3.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 04:25 AM
uma040

the second john was cute!...anyway whistle

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 07:19 PM
uma040 is currently offline Click here to Send uma040 a Private Message Find more posts by uma040 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote