KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Anyone found T2 to be funny?

Anyone found T2 to be funny?
Started by: Johnlindsey289

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Johnlindsey289

Anyone found T2 to be funny?

i'm refering to the scene in the extended cut where Terminator smiles looking like a jackass, anyone found that funny?

And did anyone found it funny when Dyson was making those strange funny noises while holding on the device in front of the swat team and before blowing up the building?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 06:23 PM
Johnlindsey289 is currently offline Click here to Send Johnlindsey289 a Private Message Find more posts by Johnlindsey289 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Re: Anyone found T2 to be funny?

quote:
Originally posted by Johnlindsey289
And did anyone found it funny when Dyson was making those strange funny noises while holding on the device in front of the swat team and before blowing up the building?

Well he was actually dying and struggling for his last breathe.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 04:39 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

I did not find the smile funny at all. It is one of the reasons that I don't like the special edition version of the film in fact. What it does is ruin the final emotionial impact of the film where the Terminator brings to light that he can understand why humans cry. The smile brings his learnign capablitlites to a front much too soon and also ruins the tone of the film. There is humor in T2; it is dark humor. Not in-your-face so you know its funny kind of humor. And yea, as TFP said, I didn't find someone struggling to hold on for dear life very funny. Its only funny in B-Movies where its completely over-acted.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 08:18 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I thought that Dyson scene was sad. I found it amazing people tended to laugh at it.

Yes the smiling in the desert was a little over the top, however at least it didn't come as early as T3's humor did. Funniest bits for me was when he curiously lifted up that baby and when John named him 'uncle bob'.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 09:24 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by vvvrulz
Funniest bits for me was when he curiously lifted up that baby and when John named him 'uncle bob'.

I must agree, it does bring a laugh or two to me every now and then when I see that scene where John decides to name the Terminator "Uncle Bob."

quote:
Originally posted by Konjammenson
And yea, as TFP said, I didn't find someone struggling to hold on for dear life very funny. Its only funny in B-Movies where its completely over-acted.

Exactly

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 10:22 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

The scene where Dyson was holding on for his life was really sad imo. Even when I was a kid I didn't laugh at it.

Poor Dyson.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 11:13 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Yeah, the poor guy really did very little to deserve that fate.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 01:21 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Johnlindsey289

Well it was the guy's fault that humanity was destroyed in the future!

What's so sad about Dyson's breathing scene?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 04:48 AM
Johnlindsey289 is currently offline Click here to Send Johnlindsey289 a Private Message Find more posts by Johnlindsey289 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

He definately didn't mean for the future to unfold as such. I dunno, it was just stink watchin him get gunned down like that.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 06:06 AM
Praylu

Yeah I mean, first Sarah shot him, then the police shot him again, and then he blew up. All for something he hadn't even done yet.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 07:03 AM
Konjammenson

Yea, and when he found out hat was going to happen he immediatley set out to rectify the situation.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 07:15 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

He was gunned down by the cops too...

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 10:33 AM
Praylu

quote:
Yea, and when he found out hat was going to happen he immediatley set out to rectify the situation.

True, I found that to be most honorable by the character.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 06:32 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

*salutes*

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 09:11 AM
Praylu

vvvrulz> *salutes also*

I also thought it was a bit funny when John's friend stood in the way of the T-1000 and then he simply pushed him with great force out of his way.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 05:34 PM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

laughing out loud

Yeah, also that random chinese guy who got in the middle of the intial cross-fire in the corridor.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 12:21 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

"Hey, you're not supposed to be here"

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 12:21 AM
NinthCorona

*multiple gun ounds, coffee cup explodes...*

Not only is scalding coffee mixing with blood in his wounds... but he didnt expect! Ever so funny...

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 01:56 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Haha, poor moron was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 11:01 AM
Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

quote:
I did not find the smile funny at all. It is one of the reasons that I don't like the special edition version of the film in fact. What it does is ruin the final emotionial impact of the film where the Terminator brings to light that he can understand why humans cry. The smile brings his learnign capablitlites to a front much too soon and also ruins the tone of the film. There is humor in T2; it is dark humor. Not in-your-face so you know its funny kind of humor. And yea, as TFP said, I didn't find someone struggling to hold on for dear life very funny. Its only funny in B-Movies where its completely over-acted.

i agree one hundred percent. terminator is not meant to be funny...it kind of ruined it and i am glad it didnt make the final cut

Join my Terminator site if you want!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 03:44 AM
Evanescence is currently offline Click here to Send Evanescence a Private Message Find more posts by Evanescence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote