KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Crying to Terminator movies

Crying to Terminator movies
Started by: barand1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
barand1

Crying to Terminator movies

hi

just wondering if anyone has cried while watching a Terminator movie?

I know there was a similar question before, but this is a bit different.

anyway i was only lucky to Terminator 3 and the cinema as i was too young for T2 and wasn't even born for T1. but when i watched T3 (which i like and think is GREAT!!) at the cinema i remember i hardly moved in my chair, i don't even remember blinking (lol).

i must admit i did cry while watching it though. i the scene when John is talking about Sarah and how she died, and how see tried to survive long enough to make sure Judgment day would never happen. i went all cold and felt a tear crawl down my cheek.

did anyone feel the same?

billy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 08:32 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

No.

Only time I ever felt like crap was at the end of Terminator 2 when he gets lowerred into the steel.

The combination of the selfless Terminator, the fact he became more human and in a way, had a childlike innocence to him, and that John was bawling his eyes out, knowing his friend was never coming back. I think I saw it when I was seven, I'm sure I was welling up by the time of the "thumbs up" bit.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 04:43 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

yea it's very clever that a science fiction action movie can make its audience feel this way.

i don't know of any film in that same genre that can do the same (make us cry).

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 08:32 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Indeed, thats what makes it stand out.

Personally no movie makes me cry...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 07:52 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

LAIR

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 11:58 AM
barand1

or is it spelt LIAR. yeah that's correct. SORRY

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 11:58 AM
alic88
Barzakh

lol@barand
the t2 thumbs up, whole scene was emotional

the end of t3 was sad, made me cry a bit, not cry but get all emotional
t1 didnt make me cry sorry

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 08:11 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Emotions and tears are different. I just... don't cry with movies...

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 09:37 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

any chance that you happen to be living tissue over METAL ENDO-SKELETON?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 08:25 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rave X
Slash Sl*t

I did cry a little at the end of T2, when he lowers into to the steel. The end of T3 really made a huge impression on me, every time I see it I feel... a little empty or cold in the inside.

I know, I know, pathetic...

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 09:14 PM
Rave X is currently offline Click here to Send Rave X a Private Message Find more posts by Rave X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I get that feeling with some scenes in Star Wars Ep III.

Terminator 3 just didn't do it for me though.

And no, im not part-endoskeleton thanks Alic !

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 03:15 AM
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rave X
I did cry a little at the end of T2, when he lowers into to the steel. The end of T3 really made a huge impression on me, every time I see it I feel... a little empty or cold in the inside.

I know, I know, pathetic...

Same here,

Arnold: I know now why you cry. But it's something I can never do.

[last lines]
Sarah Connor: [narrating] The unknown future rolls toward us. I face it, for the first time, with a sense of hope. Because if a machine, a Terminator, can learn the value of human life, maybe we can too.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 06:07 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

Re: Crying to Terminator movies

Originally posted by barand1
i must admit i did cry while watching it though. i the scene when John is talking about Sarah and how she died, and how see tried to survive long enough to make sure Judgment day would never happen. i went all cold and felt a tear crawl down my cheek.

Im sorry. I will defend anyone who cried at the end of T2. But that, well, no. Just no.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 10:08 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Re: Crying to Terminator movies

Originally posted by barand1

I didn't make me cry, though it did make me shake an angry fist at the movie screen.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 05:51 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

i cried during t3 when john is telling arnie and kate that sarah died, i was like OMG what? i cried in the cimema, lucky no one saw me! sad

Join my Terminator site if you want!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 02:58 AM
Evanescence is currently offline Click here to Send Evanescence a Private Message Find more posts by Evanescence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

I remember crying when Arnie said "I'm sorry, John, but I have to go." (or something like that) and was lowered into the molten steel... I think i was 7 or 8 at the time. 1st time I watched T2.... Such a touching ending/scene.... :'(

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 10:49 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

The terminator in T2 was such a loveable character. He emulated the perfection of virtues that humanity strives to acheive, yet he isn't human. He was beatufiful.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:45 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Extremely well put konja, I couldn't agree more.

He very much embodied the perfect father figure that John Connor had needed his entire life (even as an adult). Thus when it came down to the moment when Sarah, John, and the audience had to say their final goodbye it became a highly (the most) touching and moving scene in the film.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 10:06 PM
Konjammenson

hehe, i got a little "artsy" with that one.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 09:26 AM
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

Originally posted by Konjammenson
The terminator in T2 was such a loveable character. He emulated the perfection of virtues that humanity strives to acheive, yet he isn't human. He was beatufiful.

Pure genius! Absolute genius! Excellent! Well worded, Konjammenson!

cool

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:32 PM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote