KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » An American Haunting

An American Haunting
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

An American Haunting

Based on true events validated by the State of Tennessee of the only case in US History where a spirit or entity caused the death of a man. With over 20 books written on the subject, and a town that still lives in fear of the return of the unseen spirit, the story of "An American Haunting" is terrifying. Between the years 1818-1820, the Bell Family of Red River, Tennessee was visited by an unknown presence that haunted the family and eventually ended up causing the death of one its members. Starting with small sounds around the farm, and the siting of a a strange BLACK WOLF with piercing yellow eyes, the sounds escalated into full brutal contact with the certain family members, causing psychological and physical torment. The attacks grew in strength, with the spirit slapping, pulling, dragging, and beating the Bell's youngest daughter. The Bells searched for rational explanations and ways to rid their house of this entity, but to no avail as the spirit began to communicate with them through sounds, and eventually multiple voices that sounded like the wind. The cause of its actions could always be felt, but no being could being seen, and no explanation found- only the promise that one day it would kill one of the family members. Fearing that the haunting was caused by a local woman -branded a witch- who had put a curse upon the family as a result of a land dispute, the Bells tried desperately to find ways of getting rid of the woman's curse, yet the attacks and disturbances only escalated. It was not until a manuscript of the local schoolteacher -who lived on the property during the disturbance- was found in 1998 that the horrifying and shocking answer to what caused this haunting would finally be unveiled.

With that said, is anyone interested in this movie? I actually liked the trailer, and think it could have potential........but then I remember feeling the same thing when I watched the trailer for the 2005 Amityville Horror, and then was severely disappointed by the film itself. I have had many people recommend that I read the book, The Bell Witch-An American Haunting, since I so fascinated by books about such topics as hauntings and ghosts (Richard Matheson's hell House is one of my all time favorite novels, BTW). Does anyone else think that this movie will not be another dud?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2006 07:17 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Ghost movies don't usually do what they try to do properly. They end up comming off as cheesy and silly. This story sounds like it could be good, but I doubt it will be.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2006 09:03 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

well the amityville horror is a remake did you really expect it to rock? the one in 2005 i mean the original might wet your taste buds more i dont know about this movie the trailer looks interesting

Old Post Apr 8th, 2006 09:15 PM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Never trust a horror movie that claims to be based on true events.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 01:21 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackSunshine
Do what you want to do

I thought the trailer made the movie look pretty creepy but you cant ever tell what the movie is really going to be like until you actually see it. However I am still intrested in seeing this just for grins and giggles big grin

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 04:49 AM
BlackSunshine is currently offline Click here to Send BlackSunshine a Private Message Find more posts by BlackSunshine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cropsy_is_god

I hope it's good but but i doubt it as there hasn't been a good horror film out in ages.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 08:39 AM
cropsy_is_god is currently offline Click here to Send cropsy_is_god a Private Message Find more posts by cropsy_is_god Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Well, I doubt I'll be scared out of my wits when I see this movie, but the least I'm hoping for is a noble attempt to not be cheesy with the story line and have at least a halfass plausible scare tactic, you know?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 06:08 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omegaman

Well, I live about 20 minutes from Adams,Tn where this actually took place. I have been to the Bell Witch Cave and have heard just about all the stories. From what I have seen and heard the movie will be pretty good...but as usual hollywood has taken its "license" with it!

I can answer questions, if anyone has any about the story

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 06:27 PM
Omegaman is currently offline Click here to Send Omegaman a Private Message Find more posts by Omegaman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sofiadenali

Cool

Hey, just like they say...Never Judge a Book by its Cover...If you want my honest opinion, I think you should go see the movie for that fact that this is a story in the history of the U.S. that I have never heard about and being the lazy person I am and I know a lot of you people are, I'd rather go see the movie, then read the book. So, that right the is a good reason to see the movie!!!

Old Post May 4th, 2006 11:11 PM
sofiadenali is currently offline Click here to Send sofiadenali a Private Message Find more posts by sofiadenali Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

This movie was bad. Got unintentional laughter from me which is a big no no for these movies. Really stupid ending.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 09:57 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
This movie was bad. Got unintentional laughter from me which is a big no no for these movies. Really stupid ending.

Well, shit. So much for hoping for a good new ghost movie, huh? I think I'll watch The Changeling tonight.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 08:11 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

trailer looks horrible, im not sure if im going to watch it.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 10:01 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

i hope this movie is decent

Old Post May 8th, 2006 01:58 AM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

What the hell? It's not even in theatres where I live.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post May 20th, 2006 08:05 PM
Soren the Mage is currently offline Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johnny cash fan

haunting movies are getting old, with all the hype on dicovery channel, and amity ville horror. sleep

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 01:24 PM
johnny cash fan is currently offline Click here to Send johnny cash fan a Private Message Find more posts by johnny cash fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote