KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » The Ruins

The Ruins
Started by: Röland

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Röland
Masked Vigilante

The Ruins

"A group of friends whose leisurely Mexican holiday takes a turn for the worse when they, along with a fellow tourist embark on a remote archaeological dig in the jungle, where something evil lives among the ruins."

--------------------

This doesn't really look like anything special, but I really liked the book by Scott Smith, so I will probably go see this when it hits theaters.

Thoughts?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 04:20 AM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I have mixed feelings

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 11:34 AM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I have negative feelings towards this.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 12:57 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I have mixed negative feelings interlaced with bursts of low expectations.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 09:00 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amlap
this guy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules
I have mixed feelings

yes

NUFF SAID!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 02:53 AM
amlap is currently offline Click here to Send amlap a Private Message Find more posts by amlap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

this looks like one of those movies where the Filmmakers fail at making me forget im watching a movie. I will look forward to pirating this or waiting for it to pop up on HBO.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 10:24 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Yeah, this looks pretty dumb, but I may just give it a check anyways. Gotta judge it by yourself, to see how dumb it really is.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 02:28 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I will look forward to pirating this or waiting for it to pop up on HBO.

"nuff said!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 04:32 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Meh, it looks okay. DVD wait.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 04:58 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

This looks great, I will probably get off my ass and go and see it at the cinemas.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2008 05:58 AM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

i saw it last night. It was in between ok & good. I initially hesitated watching the movie but my sis told me about it for like a half hr and a i said what the hey. i even told her to tell me how it ends cause i wasn't gonna watch it anyway.

I applaud the movie for making me feel genuinely sorry for the victims in the movie in an intense way. And that almost never happens with me with horror movies.

I wished more horror movies did it that way. Like make you really feel the "I wouldn't want to be them" type of thing more often. Yea, that's the case with almost all horrors and how all director's try to do it but to actually see horrific sh*t that makes you feel really happy to be alive and extremely lucky that your not in such a situation, is partly what makes a good horror movie a good one. And "The Ruins" did just that. And it wasn't only psychological, it was gory as hell, too.

Overall, as a horror movie, i give it a 7/10. Oh and a sequel seems likely with how it ended imo.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Apr 13th, 2008 08:01 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
i saw it last night. It was in between ok & good. I initially hesitated watching the movie but my sis told me about it for like a half hr and a i said what the hey. i even told her to tell me how it ends cause i wasn't gonna watch it anyway.

I applaud the movie for making me feel genuinely sorry for the victims in the movie in an intense way. And that almost never happens with me with horror movies.

I wished more horror movies did it that way. Like make you really feel the "I wouldn't want to be them" type of thing more often. Yea, that's the case with almost all horrors and how all director's try to do it but to actually see horrific sh*t that makes you feel really happy to be alive and extremely lucky that your not in such a situation, is partly what makes a good horror movie a good one. And "The Ruins" did just that. And it wasn't only psychological, it was gory as hell, too.

Overall, as a horror movie, i give it a 7/10. Oh and a sequel seems likely with how it ended imo.

well, im actually looking forward to this coming to the redbox then

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 02:57 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angelamia

I saw a screening for this almost 4 months ago. I'm not sure how it's changed since then, but let me say I found this movie to be incredibly good. When I go into a horror movie, I expect a bit of cheese, a lot of gore, and as fistofthenorth said, I want to feel sorry for the characters. The Ruins had it all. The only problem I had with the movie was the horrible german accent, but I can only assume that most people didn't notice that. I think the movie is perfect for what it is, a horror movie, not a drama.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 07:07 PM
angelamia is currently offline Click here to Send angelamia a Private Message Find more posts by angelamia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't think it was anything special but it's not a waste of your time watching it. They changed a lot from the book apparently, especially the ending [SPOILER - highlight to read]: no one survived and the last of the group commited suicide

The bit that I liked was when Jean Malone's character chucked[SPOILER - highlight to read]: part of the plant and it hit the boy(in the group keeping them from escaping) and the people turned on him to kill him, Quite sad.

Last edited by MildPossession on Jun 13th, 2008 at 11:09 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 11:04 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote