KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Soundgarden

Soundgarden
Started by: Smallville

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Soundgarden

No thread about Soundgarden? This disappoints me heavily!

Great band. Terrific, even! The days when Chris Cornell was with a band he suited. No offense, but Audioslave do not tickle my fancy.

Soundgarden were a really great Alt Rock band. Seemless.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2004 05:42 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

I like Soundgarden, way way WAY more than Nirvana.

I also like Chris Cornell...

However, i dont like Audioslave...at all.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 4th, 2004 05:46 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alice_In_Chains
JUNKHEAD

i like em

Old Post Oct 4th, 2004 05:51 PM
Alice_In_Chains is currently offline Click here to Send Alice_In_Chains a Private Message Find more posts by Alice_In_Chains Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

I have Superunkown on real cd!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2004 05:56 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

my fav band of the Seattle wave

Old Post Oct 4th, 2004 06:44 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

i preferred Pearl Jam

Old Post Oct 4th, 2004 06:45 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

I have 'Louder than Love' and I ADORE it.

It reminds me so much of AC/DC, dunno why stick out tongue Great style, great guitar.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2004 07:18 PM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Superunknown was a terrific album. I love Chris Cornell... I hate, nay, LOATH, Audioslave. Why, Chris, why?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2004 08:29 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pennyroyal
Conan Troutman

Iv only ever heard superunknown ... but i liked it .... and i dislike audioslave .... alot

Old Post Oct 4th, 2004 08:34 PM
pennyroyal is currently offline Click here to Send pennyroyal a Private Message Find more posts by pennyroyal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

Soundgarden rocks, but I dont like to compare them to nirvana since I grew up with both erm

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2004 01:49 AM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

quote:
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I like Soundgarden, way way WAY more than Nirvana.

I also like Chris Cornell...

However, i dont like Audioslave...at all.

ehh... I kind of liked audioslave. Not as good as soundgarden or RATM, but still i kind of like some of it.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2004 02:33 AM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Soundgarden/Alice In Chains/Mudhoney/Pearl Jam were all much better than Nirvana.

Audioslave are so boring, which has amazed and disappointed me from the start because on paper they're one of the best super-groups in history.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2004 05:34 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

quote:
Originally posted by Deathblow
Soundgarden/Alice In Chains/Mudhoney/Pearl Jam were all much better than Nirvana.

Audioslave are so boring, which has amazed and disappointed me from the start because on paper they're one of the best super-groups in history.

I have to agree with almost your ENTIRE statement. Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, and Alice in Chains are much better then Nirvana. I dont know about Mudhoney.

Audioslave are so boring. Especially when my friend was asking me to learn some of their songs to play a show. roll eyes (sarcastic) Took me about 45 mins to learn the entire CD.

On paper, you would assume that they would be awesome. Cornell is FANTASTIC, and the remains of RATM are musically talented to the point of overflowing... but ... sick

Old Post Oct 5th, 2004 05:43 PM
cauteriZed

well i really love soundgarden.so much so ive bought nearly all of their albums which is unheard of for me,usually i get people to make up mini disks for me or borrow and copy their cds big grin
anyhoo
i think audioslave are amazing and i want to have chris cornells babies

~*don't waste your touch,you wont feel anything*~

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 09:50 AM
cauteriZed is currently offline Click here to Send cauteriZed a Private Message Find more posts by cauteriZed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

quote:
Originally posted by cauteriZed
i want to have chris cornells babies

Reminds me of an ex-girlfriend.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 01:28 PM
artificialbean

SPOONMAN! quality! Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 02:19 PM
artificialbean is currently offline Click here to Send artificialbean a Private Message Find more posts by artificialbean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Good tune.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 03:31 PM
Deathblow
-

quote:
Originally posted by Samurai Guy
I have to agree with almost your ENTIRE statement. Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, and Alice in Chains are much better then Nirvana. I dont know about Mudhoney.

Audioslave are so boring. Especially when my friend was asking me to learn some of their songs to play a show. roll eyes (sarcastic) Took me about 45 mins to learn the entire CD.

On paper, you would assume that they would be awesome. Cornell is FANTASTIC, and the remains of RATM are musically talented to the point of overflowing... but ... sick

Mudhoney are certainly better than Nirvana IMO, and they more than any of the others were the band who Nirvana really 'ripped off'.

As much as I hate to lay the blame at the feet of such a great man, they say the singer makes the band, and with Zack as the frontman, Tom Brad & Tim where very exciting, but with Cornell, they've lost the edge, anger and urgency that made them so exciting in the first place. I think they're just mismatched.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 03:44 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

quote:
Originally posted by Deathblow
[BAs much as I hate to lay the blame at the feet of such a great man, they say the singer makes the band, and with Zack as the frontman, Tom Brad & Tim where very exciting, but with Cornell, they've lost the edge, anger and urgency that made them so exciting in the first place. I think they're just mismatched. [/B]

Tom, Brad, and Tim got so used to having a distinct noise to them. They were the Renegade, Policital rock of our time. And now that Zack left, there is nothing left of them.

Like you said, mismatched.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 04:40 PM
cauteriZed

quote:
Originally posted by Samurai Guy
Reminds me of an ex-girlfriend.

how do you know that im not........?(im not by the way)

~*don't waste your touch,you wont feel anything*~

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 06:40 PM
cauteriZed is currently offline Click here to Send cauteriZed a Private Message Find more posts by cauteriZed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote