KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » the under presure song from my chemical romance and the used.

the under presure song from my chemical romance and the used.
Started by: cool_dudes_rule

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cool_dudes_rule

the under presure song from my chemical romance and the used.

has anybody heard this song before "under presure" i think david bowie and queen sang it before but the used and my chemical romance done it aswell.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 09:50 AM
cool_dudes_rule is currently offline Click here to Send cool_dudes_rule a Private Message Find more posts by cool_dudes_rule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 12:35 PM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

The fact that people are giving Bert McCracken and Gerard Way more credit for the song than the people who made it is despicable.

The fact that they even touched the song is blasphemy.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 12:37 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

First Vanilla Ice and then this. Why can't people just leave good music alone?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 01:01 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

At LEAST he borrowed just the bassline (NOT condoning it). This is just terrible though. I mean sure, they may love the song. That doesn't mean they should go do it.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 01:05 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cool_dudes_rule

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I mean sure, they may love the song. That doesn't mean they should go do it.

-AC
what? confused well if they like the song why cant they sing it its not like its against the law or something its just like, example: busted sang teenage kicks but it was the undertones who sang it first so busted might liked the song so they sang it. so what kinda point you trying to make.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 01:08 PM
cool_dudes_rule is currently offline Click here to Send cool_dudes_rule a Private Message Find more posts by cool_dudes_rule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Busted, My Chemical Romance and The Used,
Im sensing you have terrible taste in music

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 01:47 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cool_dudes_rule
what? confused well if they like the song why cant they sing it its not like its against the law or something its just like, example: busted sang teenage kicks but it was the undertones who sang it first so busted might liked the song so they sang it. so what kinda point you trying to make.

I'm not TRYING to make any point. The point I made is that being a fan of a song does not mean you should go cover it.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 01:55 PM
Peach
mordrem

Don't cover a song unless you have the ability to do it well, and there are certain songs that simply shouldn't be touched, period.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 02:01 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

Nirvana shouldn't be touched. every cover i heard of their songs sucks. like royally sucks.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 03:54 PM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I must hear these covers!

Originally posted by StinkFist462
Nirvana shouldn't be touched. every cover i heard of their songs sucks. like royally sucks.

Even the live cover of teen spirit Pearl Jam did?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 03:59 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cave In covered Breed and it's really good. But they're a better band than Nirvana.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 04:19 PM
mr.smiley

The vocals of MCR and the used can't touch Bowie and Freddie Mercury.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 07:05 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Yikes, these covers blow. They're not even funny like the Avril cover of Chop Suey. The flaming lips one wasn't that bad though.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 01:51 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Even the live cover of teen spirit Pearl Jam did?

nope.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 01:59 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

it's like doing a cover of a beatles song. just stupid.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 06:29 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Sort of ironic, then, that "Yesterday" is the most covered song of all time...

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 04:54 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not too bothered if it's someone with talent doing it in their own way and doing it well. Or even just doing a copy and doing it well.

Some songs just shouldn't be covered, this is one. Though I'd like to see Maynard and Cornell cover it. Or Bowie and Maynard, they're really good together.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 05:38 PM
Peach
mordrem

I think if Maynard and Cornell, or Maynard and Bowie covered it, it would be good....very good combos there, and they're all very talented.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 05:46 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Darth Revan
Sort of ironic, then, that "Yesterday" is the most covered song of all time...

Really? I heard Every Breath You Take would be iot.

I personally haven't heard the songs...but it seems to be rather common that songs get covered again (not always bad but majority wise they suck) .... what I really don't like is if the Covering Artists get all the Credit although not changing the song a bit (or only slightly) ....

I mean Father and Son, Tommorow Never Comes sound exactly the same by the Original Artists as by the KEaton Person.......just not cool....

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 05:57 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote