KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Your Favourite Band/Album 60's, 70's, 80's 90's, 00's, 10's

Your Favourite Band/Album 60's, 70's, 80's 90's, 00's, 10's
Started by: Steve Zodiac

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your Favourite Band/Album 60's, 70's, 80's 90's, 00's, 10's

This is an aging board, many of us are in our 30's, 40's and 50's as people who have been adults longer than we were children, our musical tastes have changed, I admit I bought an ABBA album in the 70's, I actually turn over if ABBA is on now. Hell, the most embarrassing single I bought was David Soul/Hutch Don't give up on us baby, just because he was Hutch in Starsky and Hutch.

What do you still listen to and enjoy as your tastes have changed, I was only a toddler at the end of the 60's, my dad played the Kinks a lot and I still love them.

The 70's is a hard one, so much great stuff and when I first developed my own personal taste, albeit influenced by my parents. I'm going with the Jam as the group from the 70's I still play most, but I still play Squeeze a lot and Difford and Tilbrook actually used to drink in a pub I frequented in Greenwich.

The 80's is a game of two halves for the early 80's I still play Roxy Music in the car now, for the late 80's The Stone Roses. I actually saw them at University in 89.

The 90's is Hard, I guess NWA made me notice Hip Hop and for that reason alone they get the nod.

The 00's I started to become out of touch with music, so I listened to my step son's as they grew up. I liked Maximo Park a great deal, short catchy but bitter sweet... The Editors edge them out though.

This decade music seems derivative and stagnant. Seven years and not much has made me sit up and say, wow, I'm going to say I have noticed Grime and I guess as Stormzy is fast becoming a cultural icon with the kids of today, I would say he is relevant. But I wouldn't play him in the car... Who for this decade... Damned if I know.

Last edited by Steve Zodiac on Aug 25th, 2017 at 09:35 AM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 09:30 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oliver Lau
Restricted

Account Restricted

I enjoy the album Neverworlds End by Xandria. My favorites include Sacrificium and Theater of Dimensions, both also by Xandria. These are symphonic metal albums. Otherwise, I watch and listen to music videos a lot. Either on mtv or youtube.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2022 10:15 PM
Oliver Lau is currently offline Click here to Send Oliver Lau a Private Message Find more posts by Oliver Lau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote