KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Greatest MTV Unplugged performance

Greatest MTV Unplugged performance
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordofBrooklyn

Greatest MTV Unplugged performance

Who takes the unplugged crown?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 11:51 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Kurt Cobain was really in his elements without all the bells, whistles and theatrics.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2020 01:12 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Alice in Chains. By a country mile.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2020 07:20 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Alice in Chains. By a country mile.

I was about to say I’d never heard of a band called a country mile.
I read that completely wrong, obv. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 27th, 2020 06:13 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oliver Lau
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alanis Morissette was unplugged at mtv in 1999 and showed a very good performance.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2022 10:25 PM
Oliver Lau is currently offline Click here to Send Oliver Lau a Private Message Find more posts by Oliver Lau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

McCartney

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 31st, 2022 08:52 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Nirvana, duh. Soundgarden did a really good set tool. Oasis did a good session as well, Liam couldn't be bothered so he said he had a sore throat and sat watching in an executive box drinking and smoking while Noel performed in his place, only thing that let it down was the venue just looked like a school hall.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 31st, 2022 10:58 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Wasn't an MTV Unplugged session but Jackson Browne's Solo Acoustic Volume 1 is one of the greatest acoustic albums of all time.

Ditto for Counting Crows Across a Wire.

Still Alice in Chains for the top spot though. Even more remarkable that they hadn't performed together for several years and that Layne was absolutely whacked off his **** on gear.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2022 09:30 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Wasn't an MTV Unplugged session but Jackson Browne's Solo Acoustic Volume 1 is one of the greatest acoustic albums of all time.

Ditto for Counting Crows Across a Wire.

Still Alice in Chains for the top spot though. Even more remarkable that they hadn't performed together for several years and that Layne was absolutely whacked off his **** on gear.
Counting Crows across a wire is amazing. I remember having the CD with another live performance too. Funnily enough at Camdem Adam acknowledge an ex of mine riding my shoulders, the dirty cheeky ****er. laughing out loud I know they are out of fashion but the new album is good. Agree on the other two albums too.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2022 09:37 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote