KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Knights and such from KOTOR

Knights and such from KOTOR
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

Knights and such from KOTOR

I really really enjoy playing the game Knights of the old Republic. The characters are so funny at times. This is a thread where anyone can comment on the characters...if no one really posts...then I'll be forced to bombard you all with little inputs on each character.....I'll wait a hour or two or a day, but then you'll get it....
BTW the characters are:
player character
Bastila Shan
Carth Onasi
Juhani
Jolee Bindo
HK-47
T3
Canderous
Zaalbar
Mission Zao

Who's your fav....and why
What is your fav planet or mission....ie. Leviathan. Unknown world,....star forge....
What color lightsaber do you tend to use most....

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 11:57 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Bastila's healing powers definitely help....often I am too busy beating up the enemy to remember to heal properly.....also it's funny to make her mad at you....the conversations are much more interesting that way...
As with most of the characters in the game, the voice acting and script are pretty good.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 02:38 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Carth's nice enough but they're stronger characters you can play with....two pistols work best with him.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 01:09 AM
Julie
The Student

MIssion Zao is just a kid.....she has a funny conversation if you have her and Bastila in your party...I've gotten it on Tatooine, b ut you could probably get it on the others as well.....[SPOILER - highlight to read]: when you go to the sand people complex to save her no good brother......you could take her along on the way back across the dune sea.....by that time...the desert is fairly safe...I only say that because getting jumped by sandpeople is usually somehting you want your jedi to handle

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 01:22 AM
yerssot

by the looks of it jules, you're the only one who has the game on x-box

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 08:59 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

*sigh * I suppose so......but when it comes out on PC...the basics of it will be the same.....maybe by that time you can chat with me about it....you are planning on getting it right??????
oh well if it's a one way conversation.....for now...I'll still babble.
Juhani's a powerful character to have in your party......she struggles with the dark side, but it's interesting to listen to her story.....keep the captions on and you can read through it faster than she talks though....in a game with 14000 lines of dialogue...it's sometimes good to speed things up a bit......second third and fourth times through

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 09:47 PM
Scidom

First of all, how do I get an icon under my name?

Second. Kotor is a LOT of fun. UNfortunatly my computer's RAM died recently and I cant afford a new stick yet, so Galaxies has to wait for me to dominate again.

I bought KOTOR to satisfy my needs.

I have not gotten very far yet, but I am pretty sure I can turn Bastilla to the Dark Side with me. She tries to tell me shes worried about me but she should be worried about herself! I restarted the game so i could stop at lvl 3 soldier so when I get to dantooine I can immediatly jump to a lvl 5 Jedi. MUAHAHAHAHA. Force lighting is great. I think if Mission is HOT, and in my age range shifty (im only 21 stick out tongue ). I think Carth as well as Canderous, will soon find themselves tasting lightsaber, if only I could kill my party members for talking back =(. I had to kick Zaalbar out of the group early on cuz his voice is obnoxious and he might take Mission's attention from me. Juhani is tough and fell to the dark side once, I see her falling again shortly.... MAUHAHAHAHA. This game reaaally makes waiting to get a Jedi char in SWG bearable.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 10:38 PM
Click here to Send Scidom a Private Message Find more posts by Scidom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I don't know yet julie; for the moment I want to buy Jedi Academy and if I have enough money left Kotor; but it does seem like a nice game smile

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 12:02 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I think I'll like Kotor even better than JA because I don't much care for first person shooters...I tend to get headaches with them which just leeches the fun out of it....besides KOTOR takes 20 some odd hours to beat,......which is just plain awesome...the replay value is definately there...because you can play as light and dark and there are so many different lines of dialogue.....I love the voice acting bit

Canderous is a merc.....he's somewhat heartless....and there are stronger players, but it's interesting to talk to him....his side story is one of the less interesting ones though

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 09:26 PM
yerssot

you can place the camera in 3D instead of first person jules wink

well; 20 some hours? then should give it a try smile

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 09:49 PM
Julie
The Student

NOW you tell me....oh well...I already sold the game back to the store....JO that is.....now Ja that's a different story...perhaps I will buy it

Old Post Aug 29th, 2003 02:14 PM
yerssot

JO? of course, that's an oldie now smile

Old Post Aug 29th, 2003 02:26 PM
Julie
The Student

Sorry I meant JOII.....outcast
uh kinda old but not ancient

Zaalbar's great to have withh you in the early levels.....he's got great flurry if you give it to him, but power attack isn't so strong.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 08:09 PM
REXXXX
Networking

When does it come out on X-box!?

btw, I'm here for character pictures!

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 11:26 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Or not. Can't find my pics...

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 11:26 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by Captain REX
When does it come out on X-box!?

btw, I'm here for character pictures!

er...rex... it's out already

Old Post Aug 31st, 2003 11:52 AM
Dexx
wingless

for pc, he meant

Old Post Aug 31st, 2003 03:10 PM
Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I heard of bad spelling ... but typing x-box and meaning pc...

currently it's still schedualed for Fall 2003... normally that's october-november but JA was for fall too and that's out september 16

Old Post Aug 31st, 2003 05:46 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Sorry, wasn't thinking, but apparently Dexx can understand my babbling... big grin

JA on the 16th eh? *starts saving up*

Old Post Aug 31st, 2003 06:27 PM
Julie
The Student

I dunno when it somes out for the pc.....but the web site might.....uh do a google or other search engine search for KOTOR

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 01:44 AM