KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Mara Jade Skywalker

Mara Jade Skywalker
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

Mara Jade Skywalker

What do you think of Mara Jade????????

What eu books is she in? The only one's I've read that she's in are NJO, but I know there are others out there somewhere.

How did she get to become the wife of Luke Skywalker?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2001 03:29 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Mara Jade??
She was also in the trilogy of Heir To The Empire, right?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2001 09:49 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

She appears in off and on throughout the EU. Luke and her decide to get married in Vision of the Future, the same book in which the Empire is finally no longer a threat.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2001 04:08 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hate her. Totally. One of the worst EU charatcers. Totally trivialised the Dark Side by bouncing between good and bad all the time. And tied inexorably into the rubbish cloning plot. Bleurgh.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2001 01:34 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I've never read the Heir to the Empire, but I plan to soon. Yes, she is in them.

Thanks for the info...jedioasis.

I'm sorry to hear that you hate Mara, Ush. The only books I've read that have her in them are NJO so I've been spared the cloning rubish smile

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2001 03:30 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

she was cloned?

btw: I read on the BTM-cd that Lando was originally cloned

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2001 11:06 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah,. there was once an EU thing about him coming from a cloned race.

Mara wasn't a clone, but she wass right in there with the 'Luuke Skywalker' (that's not a typo) rubbish.

Frankly, I think it would be difficult for her to have a worse storyline in NJO...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2001 12:59 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Luuke was from Heir huh?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2001 01:29 PM
LanceWindu

BTW: Mara is also in the Correlian Trilogy and the prequal to Vision of the Future: Specter of the Past.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 01:38 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I saw Vision of the Future in the library but I didn't pick it up because I haven't read Specter....is it imp to read these in order?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 03:41 AM
Ratcat

The marriage takes place in the Graphic Novel UNION.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 05:31 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

So I've heard.. I really need to go out and find that comic. I actually haven't read that many comics related to star wars...or anything for that matter big grin

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 10:52 PM
yerssot

you have to get the whole story I guess... that's 4 comics for that episode

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 10:59 PM
Julie
The Student

uhhhh.......darn.....where do I get it...how much is it gonna cost me?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 11:04 PM
LanceWindu

About the comic books related to SW. I haven't ever seen one in any type of stores. I would like to read all of them like the ones where they are set 10,000 yrs. before ANH.

And about if it is crucial to read Specter of the Hand of Thrawn Duology (Specter of the Past & Vision of the Future). I read them out of order and I was confused while reading VOTF. So I suggest that you read them in order.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2001 01:14 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

about the comics: I found mine in a small dark shop...

Old Post Dec 26th, 2001 09:32 PM
LanceWindu

Well, that bit of information isn't really going to help me.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 06:31 AM
Julie
The Student

smile .......yeah yerssot's not being helpful.
Thanks for the advice Lance......

Old Post Dec 31st, 2001 06:43 PM
LanceWindu

No problem

Old Post Dec 31st, 2001 06:47 PM
Julie
The Student

So did you find the comic you were looking for?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2001 06:49 PM