KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Kotor tips and help

Kotor tips and help
Started by: Kam Solusar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Takáta

Kotor tips and help

Right well im making this thread becos im stuck i need help but after my worries are over i think it would be a good idea if everyone who needs help, like me embarrasment ,should do it in one place.

so, ive just got to Dxun after Kavar msg, ive set off into the jungle. i can reach the entrance to Nadds tomb but i always die, any help or advise or tips, Please, thanks

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Darth Takáta a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Takáta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Load an earlier save game and train more.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 07:57 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Takáta

cant. any other advice?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 08:02 PM
Click here to Send Darth Takáta a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Takáta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Change characters you send there, use mines and grenades. Use them all use all their special powers. Don't be lazy don't let them fight themselves. Try to sotp the enemy from reaching you and be sure you have a shit load of steroids and crap that heals you. The more the better, don't use them unless necessary and never use them when another one is still working.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 08:08 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Takáta

thanks

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 08:08 PM
Lord-Nihilus
Sith Lord

i couldnt beat it the first time without the steroids, then, after that, all my characters were at 50 by then.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 10:13 PM
Click here to Send Lord-Nihilus a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-Nihilus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

well my advice to you would be very similar to what Fishy said. But I would also plant loads of mines, then choose Mira or GO-TO, set it on single player mode, attract the enemies, then run back so that they go over the mines, then have the rest of your players attack. Also, a really cheap move if you are having trouble, but it works, is to use one of your jedi/sith, run out just far enough to cast a force lightning, then retreat. Some will follow, but not enough to do that much damage, then you heal and repeat. Hope this helps and if you have any other problems just ask here or you can PM me. Good luck

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 12:20 AM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You know if you make sure there is always a reasonably hard Jedi in any group you use you can wipe out most opposition without breaking a sweat, yeah? It is actually a problem of the game that there is almost no difficulty to the combats.

I had Visas lead the attack on that place and it was a massacre, and she's only a Sentinel. If you have the right gear, no-one will stand in your way (and you don't have the mess around with stuff like steroids).

The only Force powers you really need are the Resistance ones (which allow you, at Master level, to effectively take no damage in battle), Heal, and the Speed ones (which effectively double your combat power). Though for the more evil inclined amongst you, Lightning is apparently overpowered also.

Oh, and save more- it does advise you to do that.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 22nd, 2005 at 03:58 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 07:43 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Takáta

Cheers guys, just one thing, how are you all so strong im only lv 21?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 03:48 PM
Fishy

train more stick out tongue or do that planet later on.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 03:50 PM
Darth Takáta

i have to do it now. Kavar wants to talk and theres only Korriban left to do.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 03:54 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Incidentally, there is nothing 'only' about being Level 21!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 03:58 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Takáta

ok thanks

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 05:14 PM
Darth Takáta

ok. im stuck again. ive tried 10 times now with no sucess. Im now fighting the sith master right in the centre of the tomb. any ideas?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 04:52 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Who is your team?

BtVS

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 05:38 PM
Fishy

Back up throw mines walk away, and use better weapons. Shoot the crap out of the ******* from a distance. Let somebody throw bad grenades.

And send a Jedi or Melee fighter to the Sith... Let htat bastard die, as long as he can keep the Sith occupied it will work out fine.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 05:46 PM
Darth Takáta

my team is Visas, handmaidon(non jedi) and Bao. my team is really weak, it takes 2secs for any of them to die, even makashi

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 07:36 PM
BornToRule
Unbent Unbowed Unbroken

in the centre chamber i took someone with a blaster and started running around and when i run far from the sith master/s i turn around fire a round or two and makes another try...

however this was only me playing stupid cause it takes hell of a long time to kill them that way but i was pissed of cause i died all the time and started running to heal my self but changed to blasters and played like a coward this is the chicken way and it takes so long time but is worth a shot....

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 08:28 PM
Click here to Send BornToRule a Private Message Find more posts by BornToRule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

what sort of powers does Visas have?

if she is dark, then have her stand back and use force lightning on the sith, several of those and they should be badly wounded. While she is doing that, have Bao and the Handmaiden do melee attacks using shields and stims. After Visas runs out of force energy, then she can attack, by which time, all the sith should be dead

if Visas is light, then use all of the protective force powers, then go in and attack, liberally using force heal. Again, have shields and stims equipped.

if Visas uses both light and dark, then combine the two methods. Have her use force lightning, and heal.

Some more info on your situation (weapons eqipped, force powers, armor etc.) would be nice. But what I said above should work, good luck

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 04:06 AM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Takáta

visas is light and has a doulbe bladed purple saber, handmaidons staff and spinning vibroswords, bao has sonic rifle

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 12:15 PM