KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » what would have happened if anakinbeat obi-wan?

what would have happened if anakinbeat obi-wan?
Started by: mace=badass

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ermac_Master
Ninja

what would have happened if anakinbeat obi-wan?

im not sure if i believe the ending to rots videogame so im asking you
sorry if its been done before i searched but only versus came up

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 09:22 PM
Click here to Send Ermac_Master a Private Message Find more posts by Ermac_Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Anakin would not have killed Sidous like the game showed. At least he wouldn't have killed him for a long time. Anakin would eventually have become the most powerful person the galaxy has ever seen.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 09:25 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Se7in

I don't know. Why didn't Anakin become the most powerful even when Obi beat him? Anakin would most likely have been a much better duelist in the OT. Luke would most likely not have been trained. No more Jedi, except for Yoda, and maybe some survivors scattered throughout the galaxy that would be hunted down in due time. Galaxy stays Empire for much longer, though not forever. Yuuzhan Vong attack, however are much less successful, due to the fact that the Empire is still strong, way stronger than the would-be Repulic that the Yuuzhan Vong originally fought.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 10:02 PM
Click here to Send Se7in a Private Message Find more posts by Se7in Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Se7in
I don't know. Why didn't Anakin become the most powerful even when Obi beat him? .

Loss of Midiclorins (sp) when he got his legs+armed hacked off, limits due to machinery (no force lightning,etc).

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 12:45 AM
Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Se7in

I hate that stupid midichlorian idea. It makes the Force seem like a physical entity and not the mystical aura it should be.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 02:14 AM
Click here to Send Se7in a Private Message Find more posts by Se7in Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

If Obi lost to ANakin, the galaxy would be screwed for generations.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 08:51 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

I could see Anakin running back to the ship, finding Padme dead, then eventually killing the Emperor because he would blame him for Padme's death. Despite that the Empire would become powerful and the rebellion would be crushed during the time of Ep. 4 because Luke wouldn't be there to blow up the death star. As previously stated Yuzzan Vong attacks would be less devastating

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 10:12 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

More like, they wouldn't dare go near the galaxy for millenia.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 10:32 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Even if Anakin did kill the Emporer its likely that the Empire would just fall apart - he's not a Politician...

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 02:15 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Se7in
I hate that stupid midichlorian idea. It makes the Force seem like a physical entity and not the mystical aura it should be.

It's a perfectly sensible idea. With a Republic of Systems spread over hundreds of worlds, the Jedi would need some testing procedure to find new students from among uncounted trillions of inhabitants. Eventually, they found the scientific solution - blood samples from young children that demonstrate force potential, by measurements counts of a microscopic entity called a midichlorian. I imagine the Jedi, some time back, did scientific research in finding out the possible source for the force; with a responsibility of helping to manage the galaxy, they wouldn't sit being blinkered by mysticism alone.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 03:25 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

And if Anakin killed Obi-Wan, then he would have had Luke and Leia to raise as he wished, in the dark side, but probably The Emperor would have seen to their deaths somehow, as a threat to him.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 03:28 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by roughrider
It's a perfectly sensible idea. With a Republic of Systems spread over hundreds of worlds, the Jedi would need some testing procedure to find new students from among uncounted trillions of inhabitants. Eventually, they found the scientific solution - blood samples from young children that demonstrate force potential, by measurements counts of a microscopic entity called a midichlorian. I imagine the Jedi, some time back, did scientific research in finding out the possible source for the force; with a responsibility of helping to manage the galaxy, they wouldn't sit being blinkered by mysticism alone.
We know WHY it's there, but it's fictional, and fiction you can alter. The whole IDEA of the midicholrians is what we hate, it turns the Force from "a mystical and powerful aura," into something that is bound to sentients by science and genetic make-up.

Before the PT, the Force was the bomb. It was something that even the Jedi couldn't fully comprehend. We didn't know where it came from, or what makes certain individuals sensitive to it, it was utterly random. Now though, there's a bilogical reason to why, the Force has become, mortal.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 10:44 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by jollyjim311
I could see Anakin running back to the ship, finding Padme dead, then eventually killing the Emperor because he would blame him for Padme's death. Despite that the Empire would become powerful and the rebellion would be crushed during the time of Ep. 4 because Luke wouldn't be there to blow up the death star. As previously stated Yuzzan Vong attacks would be less devastating

Padme didn't die on Mustafar. If he came back to her, he would probably apologize or something.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 01:26 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

That would be... interesting to see, to say the least. "Err, sorry about the whole, you know, seizing power and strangling you thing". big grin

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 01:50 AM
Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Tangible God
We know WHY it's there, but it's fictional, and fiction you can alter. The whole IDEA of the midicholrians is what we hate, it turns the Force from "a mystical and powerful aura," into something that is bound to sentients by science and genetic make-up.

Before the PT, the Force was the bomb. It was something that even the Jedi couldn't fully comprehend. We didn't know where it came from, or what makes certain individuals sensitive to it, it was utterly random. Now though, there's a bilogical reason to why, the Force has become, mortal.

Where was it ever said the Jedi regarded the force as a mystery they still didn't understand? They only disagreed about certain aspects; like Qui-Gon's conviction about "the living force."
And the midicholrian idea doesn't mean the force is science-based; it's just a scientific parallel that they found with force-sensitive individuals. I don't think if someone got a heavy blood transfusion from a Jedi, they would become more force-sensitive. It isn't bound by science.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 03:51 PM
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
That would be... interesting to see, to say the least. "Err, sorry about the whole, you know, seizing power and strangling you thing". big grin

..."but honey, it wasn't my fault, they made me do it, we all have accidents, geez, your over reacting... is it that time of month again?"

Don't think that would work unless he used the infamous Skywalker whine.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 06:01 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Yeah...Luke never knew his father but picked up the old man's whine, no problem! laughing

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 07:27 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by roughrider
Where was it ever said the Jedi regarded the force as a mystery they still didn't understand? They only disagreed about certain aspects; like Qui-Gon's conviction about "the living force."
And the midicholrian idea doesn't mean the force is science-based; it's just a scientific parallel that they found with force-sensitive individuals. I don't think if someone got a heavy blood transfusion from a Jedi, they would become more force-sensitive. It isn't bound by science.
No, no, I'm not talking about what the Jedi think of midichorlians, I'm talking about why, WE, the people who watch the movies, hate them.

The Force has now become bound to people only with a high enough count. It's been, in our view, limited, and mortalised.

I'm repeating myself. It was a mystical aura that was CREATED, but not SCIENTIFICALLY BOUND to, all living things. It was some mysterious field that noone, not even Jedi fully understood, or the reasons for why it chooses people to be sensitive, or where or what it it truly is and how there's even an understanding of it in the first place.

But now that's been partly answered. It chooses people to be sensitive because of they're MIDICHORLIAN count, we understand and HEAR it because of them, life itself no longer resides on the Force, it now resides on the Midi's.

The Force has become simplified, yet complicated. THAT'S why they're bashed.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 11:22 PM
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

I'm sure it's been said before, but never really that well, way to go God(haha)

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 12:07 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Tangible God
No, no, I'm not talking about what the Jedi think of midichorlians, I'm talking about why, WE, the people who watch the movies, hate them.

The Force has now become bound to people only with a high enough count. It's been, in our view, limited, and mortalised.

I'm repeating myself. It was a mystical aura that was CREATED, but not SCIENTIFICALLY BOUND to, all living things. It was some mysterious field that noone, not even Jedi fully understood, or the reasons for why it chooses people to be sensitive, or where or what it it truly is and how there's even an understanding of it in the first place.

But now that's been partly answered. It chooses people to be sensitive because of they're MIDICHORLIAN count, we understand and HEAR it because of them, life itself no longer resides on the Force, it now resides on the Midi's.

The Force has become simplified, yet complicated. THAT'S why they're bashed.

Well, I never bashed the idea.
Even in the original trilogy, we get the idea that just because all living things may be bound by the Force, not everyone has the capability to access it with enough training. Han, he had no feeling for the Force. And we saw early in the EU, through Heir To The Empire, Leia had only a small capability with the Force compared with Luke. They just didn't answer the question why, until TPM.
People went really over the edge with the midichorlians: "What, now Lucas says the Force is some blood disease? That's Bulls**t! "And yadayada...just chill already.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 03:35 AM