KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » new colour debuts

new colour debuts
Started by: xyz jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question new colour debuts

Does everyone remember when you first saw Luke hold a green lightsaber and how fascinating the fight was? That was one of favourite moments. Another is when Mace used his purple lightsaber against Sidious.

They were really cool moments and I wonder if it's because of the new colours? I mean new colours rock! But is that why they're so popular and rememberable? If GL does make a 7, 8, and 9 with new colours and sabers like double-green, white and black, cyan and yellow? Would it be very cool.

Also, I would like to discuss lightsaber ideas like a crossbow saber that shoots them out, or mini ones attached to your wrist, or triple/quadruple sabers? They seem pretty cool and is for anyone who loves lightsaber duals.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 01:27 PM
Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

I agree that seeing the green lightsaber for the first time was great, but I don't think there should be more and more colours. That would spoil it.
What was cool is that Lucas originally had the Stormtroopers and Vader all have blue lightsabers and the hero a red one.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 02:57 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Ah yes, THAT was an interesting concept. Some of the fight scenes for the original script were pretty intense, as Lucas was thinking of making it more graphic, then toned it down a bit (thinking stormtroopers getting shot with bullets that exploded, like Dr. Who)

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 06:03 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emerica67

that would be cool seeing a jedi having a doubled bladed one with any color he chose, the only new colors i would want are yellow and silver. any other color would be ok as long as it looked cool, i think black and white would look stupid but it might not.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 06:26 PM
Click here to Send Emerica67 a Private Message Find more posts by Emerica67 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Lucas even came up with new concepts by the time of ROTS. Just look at this one with Plo Koon having a double lightsaber from his hand.

With that idea you could explore much more and way crazier SW lightsabers, but I guess we're never going to see anything like it.

Attachment: ploki.jpg
This has been downloaded 85 time(s).

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 06:50 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Its all sounding a bit too much actually; stick to blues, green, reds and purples for now (yes I know KOTOR goes a bit overboard with the colours!) but they work. As for different kinds of sabers I feel the same; if you play Jedi Knight now those sabres were crap! One lightsaber is enough.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 07:07 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

I saw countless of colours in some SW comic though, yellow, orange even black! But I think they should've sticked to red and blue like in the original. Though I found the green one the first time I saw it pretty nice.
But I personally think they should've cut down on the green ones in the PT, I for one found the Qui-Gon green lightsaber pretty ugly for some reason.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 07:31 PM
The Ones
Death Eater

the amount of glow?

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 08:39 PM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

I guess so.. I haven't seen ROTJ for a while but I remember that one looked much better in my opinion.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 08:46 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Green saber did look better on Luke than Qui-Gon but he still looked cool with it.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 03:41 PM
Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Koroni
Grey Sith

quote: (post)
Originally posted by overlord
Lucas even came up with new concepts by the time of ROTS. Just look at this one with Plo Koon having a double lightsaber from his hand.

With that idea you could explore much more and way crazier SW lightsabers, but I guess we're never going to see anything like it.

You do realize that Lucas does not come up with these ideas, right? General Greivous wasn't designed by him, neither were the Nubian Starfighters. He has a bunch of people at Skywalker Ranch churning out this stuff.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 06:17 AM
Click here to Send Darth Koroni a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Koroni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Oh, sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrry.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 08:56 AM
CobbleR
Kielbasa Sausage

Originally posted by overlord
I for one found the Qui-Gon green lightsaber pretty ugly for some reason.

I think it was because the lighting he used it in and the fact that the green did match his robes. Luke wore black, which looks really nice with green, also he had used it most at night in ROTJ. On the topic of Qui-Gon, am I the only person that got a "catholic preist + little boy " vibe from him?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 08:03 AM
Click here to Send CobbleR a Private Message Find more posts by CobbleR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Probably. I got more of a hippy vibe, or an Irishmen vibe.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 08:06 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirk Jade
Derk Jade the Dark Jedi

Isnt a Black Lightsaber a contradiction? Black is the Absence of all Light so how could it be a lightsaber? it would be a .... DarkSaber... Which i got to admit sounds pretty cool...

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 09:19 PM
Click here to Send Dirk Jade a Private Message Find more posts by Dirk Jade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

but they're made from crystals, you can get a black crystal right?

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 09:22 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Darth Koroni
You do realize that Lucas does not come up with these ideas, right? General Greivous wasn't designed by him, neither were the Nubian Starfighters. He has a bunch of people at Skywalker Ranch churning out this stuff.

No. Lucas tells a bunch of people characters, ships, places, ect. and tells them to come up with a concept. If you watched the Making of General Grievous you would have known this because Lucas told them to make a general for the droid army

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 09:28 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

If I watched the Making of General Grevious I would be very bored indeed...

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 09:41 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote