KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Upcoming Star Wars Comics

Upcoming Star Wars Comics
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Cool Upcoming Star Wars Comics

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 01:31 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Does anybody here read Star Wars comics? They're some of the best EU material out there nowadays.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 04:48 PM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smoker Stevens
Marihuana Smuggler

yes they rock. But the Novels are very good too.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 05:43 PM
Click here to Send Smoker Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Smoker Stevens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I just got issue 79 of Republic. Have yet to read it though. Should be good. It's about some of the Jedi who survived Order 66.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 01:19 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I can't say I've gotten the comics, just because I am so far behind on the trend.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 01:46 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Ah, but that's where graphic novels come into play. You can buy those at your local book store and they come in volumes. That's what I do with comics I don't get into right away. I wait for the trade paperbacks (graphic novels) to get released and then buy em that way.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 01:59 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Ah, good idea. Think I might do that then.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 02:06 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Cool. You should look into it. Here's a link to all the graphic novels: http://www.darkhorse.com/books/title.php

Here's a link to the first Clone Wars one, which collects 2 issues of Republic (one was double-sized, and a one-shot issue about Mace Windu; all during the Clone Wars): http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=12-539

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 02:23 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Pimp! Thanks.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 05:59 AM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Yeah, I buy the graphics novels only. I don't bother with keeping up on each issue.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 06:25 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

The only reason I get issues is because that way, I get them sooner. With some other comics, I get graphic novels.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 06:44 AM
Hazardous

Wicked, cant wait for the new ones, I havent bought any for a while cause the comic store puts them on hold for me, and I pick up a bunch all at once every 2 months or so eek!

Ill definitley get a few of the graphic novels, like Jabiim, because they seem odd when bought in issues....

Are the Republic issues going further in the timeline after Ep3? Or are they making a new series to fill the gap?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 10:36 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Monk

I buy the collections. It's awesome that thay're making one where Quinlan Vos survives. Did anyone else hear about that? That will be, I think it was, Republic #82 & #83

"Who needs courage when you've got a gun?"

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 01:31 PM
Click here to Send Insane Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Canadadude

Dark Horse Star Wars Empire series is very good also. I recommend some of the stories

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 04:14 PM
Click here to Send Canadadude a Private Message Find more posts by Canadadude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Insane Monk
I buy the collections. It's awesome that thay're making one where Quinlan Vos survives. Did anyone else hear about that? That will be, I think it was, Republic #82 & #83

As far as I know, Quinlan doesn't survive, but rather they tell the story of how he dies and what he does up until that point during the events of Episode Three.

And to answer Rex's question; Republic is going to take place between Episode's 3 and 4. No new series.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 08:24 PM
Insane Monk

They are, I insist, making a comic about how Quinlan survives the blast from the walker. I can try to find the link, if you want.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 03:35 PM
Click here to Send Insane Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I guess I don't really doubt you... but it just seems weird. Republic has always tried to be consistent with the movies and not do anything that could be a what if... Or is this supposed to be what really happened?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 05:56 AM
Insane Monk

I guess so. No matter how someone supposedly died, it is always possible for them to have survived somehow. Look at Boba Fett. Look at Palpatine. Look at Anikin (okay, so he didn't actually die). There are a lot of ways to cheat death in Star Wars.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 12:44 AM