KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » A Sith Poll

Who is the ideal Sith?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Darth Vader 8 11.11%
Darth Sidious 27 37.50%
Darth Bane 7 9.72%
Exar Kun 4 5.56%
Darth Revan 10 13.89%
Marka Ragnos 8 11.11%
Naga Sadow 1 1.39%
Freedan Nadd 1 1.39%
Darth Tyranus 1 1.39%
Other (Please List) 5 6.94%
Total: 72 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Sith Poll
Started by: Ianus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Question A Sith Poll

This is really quite simple: pick who you believe to be the ideal Sith in practice and explain why.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 08:21 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

I choose Tulak Hord, mainly because he's one of the only ones left that hasn't been overpowered with rediculous abilities. And I rather like his mysteriousness.

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 08:29 PM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Yeah, Uber Lightsaber master of all the Sith isn't overpowered in the least.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 08:30 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

It's better than blowing up a star with the force. Or whatever that uber god Marka Ragnos can do.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 08:36 PM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decay

sidious. hes the only sith powerful enough to actually return the sith to power. he followed the rule of two by killing his master, and by chosing an apprentice that will eventually become more powerful than him (too bad he got hacked up by obi wan). hes the most secrative and shadowy. he forsees almost evrything. he has no concience at all. im sure hed unleash a torrent of force lightning on his own mother is she mentioned the word jedi. if hed actaully refrained from killing her the second he learned how to walk well enough to find a knife or blaster.

he is massively powerful, unlike tyranus he doesnt have any ideals or desire to end curruption. unlike vader he has no ties to the light side at all. he is pure sith. nothing but darkness. no redeming qualitys at all. and hes the only sith lord i know of that has totally ruled the entire galaxy for any length of time. in the end it too the chosen one to join him and then betray him to put an end to his rule. and i think he was the most powerful sentient in the galaxy for the majority of his life

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 08:38 PM
Click here to Send Decay a Private Message Find more posts by Decay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Well, the point of the poll was who follows the Sith ideals in your opinion. Considering we know nothing about Tulak Hord I'd say you pretty much whiffed on that one.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 08:38 PM
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Sidious, he had personal power in mind, along with the Sith in general ( becoming the ruler of the galaxy and choosing an apprentice who would become more poweful then himself). He was also so elaborate and tedious with his planning, that he could, and did, become ruler of the galaxy right in front of the Jedi's eyes.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 09:07 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, Sidious.

A few Sith Lords only became it simply to practice and amass the power of the Dark Side, such as Kun or Revan or Dooku, and were not very loyal to the cause. Sidious is the epitomy of evil. While he is not the most powerful Sith, he is the most effective one we've seen. He is extremely ambitious and very cunning, and he is a mastermind of an unparalleled degree, with only Marka Ragnos and Traya being his potential rivals. He also was so skilled at the Sith ideals of manipulation that he conquered and controlled the entire galaxy due to his skills in this area. He is, in my opinion, the most evil Force User or Sith we've seen.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 09:55 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

well it depends on what sith ideal your talkin about. granted the ideals changed dramatically when darth bane made the rule of 2 after that the deals are almost completely different from before.

and SS 181st Snow no one has any evidence that ragnos has blown up stars we just know he was ruler of the sith for 150 years unchallenged from guys like Sadow. an dthat he has a powerful staff.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 10:35 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!111!!!!!! evil, superpowerful, would have conqured the republic if ulic had a brain. PERFECT

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 10:44 PM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Traya and Sidious. Both used sneaky methods and both paid off. Sidious ruled the galaxy and Traya almost obliterated the force.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Sidious is too manipulative...Malak too brutal...Revan was a strategic genius

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan Skywalker

Darth Sidious, the only Sith to actually destroy the Jedi Order. The others just brought it to its knees but never actually managed to wipe it out. Plus hes a political genious, his rise to power oblivious to everyone around him as well as manipulating the galaxy around him so that the stage was perfectly right for the time he would seize power and wipe out the Jedi was brilliantly executed.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 11:26 PM
Click here to Send Dan Skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Dan Skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

Sidious = Devious Bastard who rapes little boys.
Vader = Imbicle
Bane = Pshyco who kills children (trust me he did)
Exar Kun = Overpowered Genius and somewhat insane.
Darth Revan = Badass and coolist Sith Lord around.
Marka Ragnos = Uber God
Naga Sadow = Lesser God
Freedon Nadd = Konan in disguise.
Darth Tyrannus = Elgegant nobleman with a lightsaber.

Overall my ideal Sith would have to be Revan. Revan was cold calculating and ruthless and never let his emotions cloud his choices. Plus he was a brilliant stragtegist and very powerful.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 11:28 PM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Overmaster
The Stranger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Veneficus
Sidious = Devious Bastard who rapes little boys.
Vader = Imbicle
Bane = Pshyco who kills children (trust me he did)
Exar Kun = Overpowered Genius and somewhat insane.
Darth Revan = Badass and coolist Sith Lord around.
Marka Ragnos = Uber God
Naga Sadow = Lesser God
Freedon Nadd = Konan in disguise.
Darth Tyrannus = Elgegant nobleman with a lightsaber.

Overall my ideal Sith would have to be Revan. Revan was cold calculating and ruthless and never let his emotions cloud his choices. Plus he was a brilliant stragtegist and very powerful.

same

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 12:07 AM
Click here to Send The Overmaster a Private Message Find more posts by The Overmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
well it depends on what sith ideal your talkin about. granted the ideals changed dramatically when darth bane made the rule of 2 after that the deals are almost completely different from before.

and SS 181st Snow no one has any evidence that ragnos has blown up stars we just know he was ruler of the sith for 150 years unchallenged from guys like Sadow. an dthat he has a powerful staff.

Well someone blew up a star with the force, or so I heard a hundred times on these boards.

And Tulak has to be something, to be in leauges with the Sith. But, if you had any imagination, you wouldn't be on the internet right now.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 03:11 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I personally don't see how Revan is the ideal Sith practitioner. He may have been very powerful, but he only joined the Dark Side to unite the Republic and destroy the Ancient Sith. Not only that, but he eventually defected. He's a brilliant tactition, but is that really enough to warrant him the title of ideal Sith practitioner? He's not really evil... Nor does he do it for selfish reasons... I dunno. I just don't see him as a Sith. Nor do I see Traya. She simply used the Dark Side to try and obliterate the Force.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 04:14 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Se7in

Revan. Charismatic leader, ingenious strategist, skilled swordsman, feared master.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 05:10 AM
Click here to Send Se7in a Private Message Find more posts by Se7in Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Se7in
Revan. Charismatic leader, ingenious strategist, skilled swordsman, feared master.
Those don't make a Sith, any non-Sith can have those too.

I pick Sidious.

I mean, power-wise he may not even stand up against Kun or maybe even Malak. But he actually used his knowledge and power to do what all Sith, right from their origin, have desired to do: Destroy the Republic and the Jedi, and conquer the galaxy.

If that's not the ultimate Sith Ideal I don't know what is.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 05:22 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Se7in

Still, no Sith displayed these characterisitics. Sidious is great and all with the deception and power, but I don't think Sith should move in silence. Revan announced himself and still managed to nearly beat the Republic, had it not been for Bastila.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 05:49 AM
Click here to Send Se7in a Private Message Find more posts by Se7in Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote