KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Best/Favorite NJO novels?

Best/Favorite NJO novels?
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Best/Favorite NJO novels?

This is for the members who actually enjoyed the New Jedi Order series. I am reading Traitor currently, and I think it's really good.
Feel free to discuss your favorite/best NJO book(s) and don't forget to elaborate and explain your decisions. Have fun!

smokin'

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Dec 12th, 2005 01:31 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan Skywalker

Im just about to start The Unifying Force, the final book in the saga. My favourite two books have to defiantly be Star By Star and Destinys Way so far. Star By Star just had a huge impact because of the content of the story and the character development. Also it had some great battle scenes.
Destinys Way for me was the turning point in the series where the good guys got their act together and decided to try and actually win the war. It just had a great storyline and again some great battle scenes. One of the best things about the series has been the charcters development and how Ive seen the character change especially the jedi characters and even some of the Vong.
Looking foward to starting the final noval, should be pretty cool!

Last edited by Dan Skywalker on Dec 12th, 2005 at 04:29 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2005 04:25 PM
Click here to Send Dan Skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Dan Skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I just finished Traitor and really liked it. Now it's time for me to take a temporary break to read the following books: Labyrinth of Evil, Dark Lord, Cestus Deception, and Dark Rendezvous. Then I'll go back to the next NJO book; Destiny's Way.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 11:11 PM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ganner Rhysode
Jedi Knight

I've only read the first four books, but Vector Prime was really good...

Agents of Chaos I was also really good, too, I thought.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 05:55 AM
Click here to Send Ganner Rhysode a Private Message Find more posts by Ganner Rhysode Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

BUMP; I know there are more of you who read the series.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 03:35 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

They're in Witness Protection Programs, dude.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 04:54 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Really? I just thought they were... ya know... "in-the-closet fans."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 05:29 AM
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

I have a few books from the NJO Series, not the beginning one Vector Prime tho, I think the nearest one to the beginning is Dark Tide II: Ruin. I plan on getting the whole series, but is it safe to start reading a bit? Or should I wait and not spoil anything?

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 03:34 AM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Well, definitely start with Vector Prime, but you don't need to have the whole series to start reading. So, yeah, go ahead and start reading, as long as it's the first book (Vector Prime).

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 03:55 AM
Lightsnake

Unashamed NJO fan here. Unifying Force, Star by Star and Traitor were the best....though Dark Tide 2, Edge of Victory 1, Enemy Lines duology, Destiny's Way and Final Prophecy rocked so much

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 03:17 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I remember liking Rebel Dream and Conquest the best but most of them are very good. Dark Journey was good but in an okayish sort of way...Traitor was weird, very much mental

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 08:14 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
general-pain

Star by Star. I can't get enough of it.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2006 09:13 PM
Click here to Send general-pain a Private Message Find more posts by general-pain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Well I finished Traitor a while ago and I thought it was really good. It was awesome!

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 05:27 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Star by Star is the best. If I remember right, it's the most action-packed book without talking about the Force alot.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 05:56 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthBanevv
Sith Lord

I just started reading the NJO books and have only read 3 so far (first three) sad . My favorite was Dark Tide 2 Ruin because it shows the real first milliatary action against the Vong. I do not count Dubrillion as a big milliatary action that or Dantoooine, closest thing to it was at Helska 4. I have a lot of the books but I can't find Hero's trial anywhere, from there I am covered until I read Balance Point. Could anybody give me a short list on which books are the ones where the most important events take place? And is this true or just a rumor, Boba Fett brings Clone Commandos to fight the Yuuzhan Vong?

I'm back!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2006 08:03 PM
Click here to Send DarthBanevv a Private Message Find more posts by DarthBanevv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-FENS

No,he brings MANDALORIAN Super-Commandos to fight the Vong, and the only books I liked out of NJO were The Unifying Force and Star By Star.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 03:45 AM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

umm my favorite is the one narrorated by supershadow....LOL

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 10:50 PM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthBanevv
Sith Lord

I have just finished Agents of chaos 1: Hero's trial. I am halfway done with Agents of chaos 2: Jedi eclipse. After I am done I will Balance Point, obviously. But does anybody know where I can download or simply read Recovery?

I'm back!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 05:43 PM
Click here to Send DarthBanevv a Private Message Find more posts by DarthBanevv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

Star By Star was awesome.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthBanevv
Sith Lord

So I've heard.

I'm back!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 08:20 PM