KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » A Favor to ask from KotOR fans.

A Favor to ask from KotOR fans.
Started by: Nactous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

A Favor to ask from KotOR fans.

Hey guys its me Nac. I just want to say that I love KotOR, loved it back in 03 as much as I do today. I am also a Hasbro collector, and when I heard the 6th Fans choice poll was an open nominated poll, I jumped for the chance to nominate a KotOR character(Revan.) I make this topic to beg KotOR fans to vote in ToyFares contest, I know the issue containing the finalist comes out the 15. Although just rumor now, I have heard Revan, Malak, Bastila, Nihilus, and HK-47 are in the runing. So please, on wednesday, grab a ToyFare and in some way vote for KotOR, for I feel this is the only oppertuinity it will recieve to be put in plastic. sad
Happy Voting. big grin

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 06:44 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

http://www.rebelscum.com/c-afnnews.asp

This what you talking about?

Malak's in it... That's it.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 06:59 PM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

hey nac its darth yoda ill vote if i can id love to see revan and nihilus

Current Pokemon:5

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 08:28 PM
Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks Darth Yoda.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 10:00 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

Meh, screw it. I'm voting for Lando.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 03:02 AM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zephiel7

Revan? Hells yes!

Vote Revan, he's the next best thing to Jesus

:P

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 03:03 AM
Click here to Send zephiel7 a Private Message Find more posts by zephiel7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

hey...where can I read up on this guy Revan? He sounds like an interesting character...

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 03:44 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

Play KotOR... He's a cool, mysterious character.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 03:47 AM
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

well, from what ive heard, mainly on here,(and correct me if im wrong) He was a powerful jedi, became a stronger Sith and then was the only person to go from the Darkside back to the lightside without dying, but in the process became even more powerful as a Jedi than he was as a sith or the first time as a Jedi. Is that right? Does anyone have a pic of him?

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 04:45 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zephiel7

That is correct. If you play KOTOR you will learn a lot about Revan, through the main character that you play.

(please log in to view the image)

Here is a fairly accurate picture depicting Revan as the dark lord

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 04:51 AM
Click here to Send zephiel7 a Private Message Find more posts by zephiel7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Though he wasn't known to wield two sabers that often.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 05:27 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zephiel7

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tangible God
Though he wasn't known to wield two sabers that often.

Really? I thought that was his chosen style.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 05:41 AM
Lucius
Unknown

Originally posted by zephiel7
Really? I thought that was his chosen style.

It was never stated what form he used... although from what we know of his character I would think that he would use perhaps a mix of Sorensu and Makashi.

Just look at the battle scene in the beginning of KOTOR. Revan just stands there totally at ease waiting for his adverseraries to make the first move. These are not the actions are practioner of Aratu or Shein would take or even Juyo. And obviously he did not know Vampadd since had yet to be created. Also I highly doubt a known warrior like him would have practiced Neman (is it spelled Numan? I forgot).

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 06:29 AM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, who will vote?

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 01:16 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Gamblor
http://www.rebelscum.com/c-afnnews.asp

This what you talking about?

Malak's in it... That's it.

Yep.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 01:17 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
well, from what ive heard, mainly on here,(and correct me if im wrong) He was a powerful jedi, became a stronger Sith and then was the only person to go from the Darkside back to the lightside without dying, but in the process became even more powerful as a Jedi than he was as a sith or the first time as a Jedi. Is that right? Does anyone have a pic of him?

Look at my sig for an in game pic.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 01:17 PM
Generic Hero
KGB

On second thought I'll vote for Revan. Let's vote for dual lightsaber Revan, because I lost one of my Ben Kenobi sabers >_<

It was never stated what form he used... although from what we know of his character I would think that he would use perhaps a mix of Sorensu and Makashi.

That stance still looked Juyo to me, but given his personality and his era, he most likely practised Soresu or Makashi.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 02:04 PM
zephiel7

quote:

Just look at the battle scene in the beginning of KOTOR. Revan just stands there totally at ease waiting for his adverseraries to make the first move. These are not the actions are practioner of Aratu or Shein would take or even Juyo. And obviously he did not know Vampadd since had yet to be created. Also I highly doubt a known warrior like him would have practiced Neman (is it spelled Numan? I forgot).

Interesting observation. According to the Exile's memory, Revan was known for using the Zar'kai(dual saber) style of fighting.

I find it difficult to picture Revan using Soresu, since he lived in a time where lightsaber duels were more common. He was dueling five other Jedi knights at the time, who had Bastila with them. Wouldn't it make more sense for him to let one of them make a mistake and pick them all off one at a time.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 02:26 PM
Generic Hero
KGB

Soresu is excellent at saber to saber. Second best, behind Makashi, IMO.

And it's also great at deflecting blaster bolts. Woulda helped him a ton in the mandalorian wars.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 04:59 PM
Lucius
Unknown

I mean a mix of soresu and Makashi not just Soresu by itself.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 05:33 PM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote