KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » I, Jedi? Aiye!!!

I, Jedi? Aiye!!!
Started by: Volundro Ramm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Volundro Ramm
You can't afford it......

I, Jedi? Aiye!!!

(People probably have already posted threads about this book as it originally came out in 1998, but i had to start this post this after reading it.)

As i needed a filler book to read while waiting for NJO:Traitor to hit the book shops i decided to go back to the old Bantam releases that i hadn't read. About two years ago i picked up "I, Jedi" by Micheal A. Stackpole and after reading a few pages i put it down a bit unimpressed and a bit dissolusioned with it being entirely written in the 1st person. And so time passed i got caught up in the NJO bug and forgot about all the old novels. That is until about a month ago when i decided to pick "I, Jedi" up again and give it another go.
After reading it, i can sum up a review in one sentence:-"Holy f*ck! What a great f*cking book!!!" This has to be one of the most underrated EU books ever. Granted the cover art is sh*t, but once inside - you don't want it to come out. This is the only EU book i've read were i've actually felt like proper Star Wars again. And also the only EU book i've read were i truly didn't want it to end.
It may sound lke i'm kissing this books arse, and hey i might be, but if you consider yourself a Star Wars EU fan you have to read this book. As for the 1st person thing, Stackpole brings it off superbly well for the whole 577 pages.
Corran Horn is now probably my favourite EU characters, and definately my favourite Jedi in EU(forget the Solo kids).
Again, if you haven't read this and your a Star Wars EU fan, read it.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2002 04:34 PM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I closed it quick it sucked like 90% of the EU books I`ve read.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2002 07:24 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Like he said, he thought it was going to suck so he put it down, but then he picked it up again and he loved it.

Try reading the whole thing before you give it a bad review.

I also loved this book.

The beginning was boring, but then it got interesting with the whole Corran's wife being taken and him going to the Jedi Academy.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2002 08:27 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Volundro Ramm

The face of on Yavin 4 between Corran Horn and Exar Kun was brilliantly written.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2002 10:55 PM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

It was too short IMHO.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2002 04:00 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Volundro Ramm

IMHO?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2002 07:29 PM
LanceWindu

In My Humble Opinion

Old Post Jul 12th, 2002 08:46 PM
finti

I did give it a second chance and it sucked then too

Old Post Jul 13th, 2002 06:56 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

You couldn't have possibly finished it in that short amount of time.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2002 04:27 PM
Volundro Ramm

I thought t was long enough, although maybe a bit rushed at the end.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2002 06:57 PM
Julie
The Student

I read this book awhile ago...I thought it was ok. It was probably one of the first EU books I'd ever read. I did enjoy it alot, but I still like NJO better.....however I, Jedi did give interesting insight into the character of Corran Horn...

Old Post Jul 14th, 2002 03:30 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
You couldn't have possibly finished it in that short amount of time.
I started on it many months ago mr Brain roll eyes (sarcastic)
Tried to pick it up a cuple of times but it sucks and I hate to read books in I form

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2002 09:28 PM
LanceWindu

So do I, but this book was great for being in 1st person.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2002 10:01 PM
Julie
The Student

so what would you rate this book as on the scale of 1-10?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2002 04:01 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2002 01:59 PM
Corran
Lucifer

The book was good but should have gone into more details in the Duel when I kicked Exar Kun's butt, the ending was disappointing too, didn't like having the blame for the planets destruction, but hey you get over these things.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2002 05:47 PM
Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I think the reference to that battle was only meant to be an elaborate allusion to another work....my guess is that the full description of the battle is probably in the Jedi Academy trilogy.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2002 03:18 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I, Jedi is a great book! It manages to consolidate the events chronicled in the three novels of the Jedi Academy series(Jedi Search,Dark Apprentice , and Champions of the Force), and introduce a brilliant character from the X Wing books,and give him his own personal crusade that takes up about half of the story(not counting the time he spends at the academy).

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2003 05:48 PM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

It was good...a bit weird b/c of the first person pov but it was entertaining

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2003 06:15 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I enjoyed it too, Julie. That is one heck of a novel! The first-person narrative was a little bit annoying,though. All in all, a terrific book!

Old Post Mar 24th, 2003 07:17 PM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote