KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Grievous' skill

Grievous' skill
Started by: Legion_of_Maul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Hexus
Cool Joe.

Grievous' skill

well, lets discuss:

better with what number of sabers
is he better in cartoons or post cartoons
is he better tactitian than jedi

here is where we decide, any more ideas then discuss em.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 11:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Hexus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Hexus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Grievous is a far better tactitian then any of the Jedi. He took control of core planets of the Republic.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 12:32 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Hes FARRR better in the cartoons, and he is a far better tactitian then any of the Jedi, even though he had the advantage of knowing way more about what was going to happen in the war from Sidious. He was still much better on the battlefield then the Jedi were.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 02:00 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decay

i actually think hes more skilled with 2 sabers. he brings out 4 because it pretty instantly overwhelms most jedi, with the exception of very skilled masters. after obi wan cut off 2 of his hands he was left with 2 sabers and seemed very happy to continue the fight "arm or not, you must realise you are doomed", i think hed tried the overwhelming barrage and was ready to get into serious combat, but he was force pushed. i do think obi wan would have won in the end, but it would have been a very close and very cool fight if theyd continued it with grievous having 2 sabers.

it would be easy to say hes much much better in clone wars, but we only saw him with 2 sabers during most of it, coordinating the extra 2 is probably fairly taxing on him and makes alot of his fancy footwork and agility next to impossible. the one time he did use four in the cartoon it wasnt shown too well, but he wasnt particularly agile or anything, he kind of stood there and overwhelmed the jedi, like he tried with obi wan. so without seeing him try 2 sabers in the movie its hard to tell.

he was pretty slick though, his escape from the invisible hand was genius. and he was pretty agile when he escaped obi wan to get to his wheel bike.

he is a better tactition in the sense that he has to percive the situation and formulate his own plans and oversee everything, his troops arnt likley to come up with very dynamic plans on their own. the jedi do however have the force to look to, so while their skilled, its for a different reason. he did prove to be better than all he encountered though, so even with their ability to look to the force for guidence he was better.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 03:53 AM
Click here to Send Decay a Private Message Find more posts by Decay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

That's "Army or not," Decay. stick out tongue

I think when he takes out four, he's actually not as skilled, it's just more overwhelming.

And definitely better in the cartoon.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 04:08 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

Reason he's better in the Cartoon is because at the End he gets Force Crushed and loses his mobility and speed. Thats why he lost to Obi-Wan

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 05:05 AM
Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Decay
i actually think hes more skilled with 2 sabers. he brings out 4 because it pretty instantly overwhelms most jedi, with the exception of very skilled masters. after obi wan cut off 2 of his hands he was left with 2 sabers and seemed very happy to continue the fight "arm or not, you must realise you are doomed", i think hed tried the overwhelming barrage and was ready to get into serious combat, but he was force pushed. i do think obi wan would have won in the end, but it would have been a very close and very cool fight if theyd continued it with grievous having 2 sabers.

it would be easy to say hes much much better in clone wars, but we only saw him with 2 sabers during most of it, coordinating the extra 2 is probably fairly taxing on him and makes alot of his fancy footwork and agility next to impossible. the one time he did use four in the cartoon it wasnt shown too well, but he wasnt particularly agile or anything, he kind of stood there and overwhelmed the jedi, like he tried with obi wan. so without seeing him try 2 sabers in the movie its hard to tell.

he was pretty slick though, his escape from the invisible hand was genius. and he was pretty agile when he escaped obi wan to get to his wheel bike.

he is a better tactition in the sense that he has to percive the situation and formulate his own plans and oversee everything, his troops arnt likley to come up with very dynamic plans on their own. the jedi do however have the force to look to, so while their skilled, its for a different reason. he did prove to be better than all he encountered though, so even with their ability to look to the force for guidence he was better.

I never thought of it like that but maybe Grievous is better with two sabers since he won't be restricted as much.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 05:16 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decay

yeah, army. it was a typo, i dont mean to say he commented that he was better with 2 arms.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 06:32 AM
Click here to Send Decay a Private Message Find more posts by Decay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vious
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
Reason he's better in the Cartoon is because at the End he gets Force Crushed and loses his mobility and speed. Thats why he lost to Obi-Wan

Precicely.

In Clone Wars, Grievous' reflexes were fast enough that he could avoid fully automatic fire from multiple assailants and dodge Force blasts with ease. His combat skills were so high that he could hold off five Jedi with only two lightsabers. (He did not have to use the four sabers, so he did not use them (apart from at the end for the element of surprize, not an actual need for the extra defence)) He was shown to be capable of fighting all out using only one leg for balance, so was probably capable of using five lightsabers if he really wanted. In RotS, he had been damaged (either beyond repair or simply did not have the oportunity to be repaied) which greatly hindered his combat skills. He knew he couldn't take Anakin and Obi-Wan, so, following Dooku's teachings, he withdrew. When he then faced Obi-Wan one on one, he had to use the four lightsabers. (if he didn't have to use them, he wouldn't have, as there would have been no tactical advantage)

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 02:41 PM
Click here to Send Darth Vious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

To be fair, the Clone Wars cartoon makes everyone look uber.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 02:45 PM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

I remember Dooku saying, "To defeate the best of the jedi, you must have suprise and intimidation on your side, only then will you be powerful enough to succeed". I don't remember Grievous having any of that in the ROTS fight, and last time I checked, Obi was in the top 5 list of the jedi order....

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 02:57 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vious
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Razielim

It does, but, it's also official cannon, second only to the live action movies.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 04:40 PM
Click here to Send Darth Vious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vious
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by kamikz
I remember Dooku saying, "To defeate the best of the jedi, you must have suprise and intimidation on your side, only then will you be powerful enough to succeed". I don't remember Grievous having any of that in the ROTS fight, and last time I checked, Obi was in the top 5 list of the jedi order....

Exactly, and he definitley didn't in the first fight. The time Grievous did have those, was when he split his arms in front of Obi-Wan, and said that he had been trained by Count Dooku. (even then, I think the arm splitting was because he knew his combat abilities and reflexes had been seriously diminished by Mace's Force crush and he had to do something to try and bring the odds more into his favor)

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 04:44 PM
Darth_Hexus
Cool Joe.

Originally posted by Razielim

thats all too true.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 05:08 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Hexus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Hexus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

I think Grievous has awesome breasts!

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 08:22 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote