KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » I'm not sure if this has been done before, but i am PISSED about the holes in Inferno

I'm not sure if this has been done before, but i am PISSED about the holes in Inferno
Started by: Null ARC Avis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

I'm not sure if this has been done before, but i am PISSED about the holes in Inferno

Spoilers!!!! kind of!!!!!

Yeah! there were so many parts hat weeere left out, as if the book was abriged. How did luke and R2 survive? How did Jacen escape through the bothan fleet? how was Alema's stay with the sith? and a lot of other holes that i cant exactly remember. how did Ben get away from Omas' apartment?

These holes in the story really pissed me off. i think this was the first legacy book in which this happened.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 03:37 AM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Scythe
Wheres my grape drink?

Someone should add SPOILER tags in the post title. Not everyone has read it yet.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 08:27 AM
Click here to Send Darth Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol. Again man? If you see a thread that talks about a book you haven't read yet, don't go into the thread.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 08:33 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Indeed, if you haven't read the book, you shouldn't be looking up threads about it.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 07:27 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Scythe
Wheres my grape drink?

looking it up? Not really, it's like the first thread on this page...

Plus, I have read it already. I just don't want this to be a habit of having spoiler threads around without real warning. The last spoiler thread had visible spoilers in the thread preview before even clicking on it. I just don't think its that hard to put 'spoiler' in the thread title.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 08:47 PM
Click here to Send Darth Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

come on, is no one else upset about these holes? the made the book look abriged.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 11:48 AM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
obi-one killer
Try-Mega

there was only two thing not explained and that was how Luke and R-2 Servived and Alemas Stay with the sith. But Jason escaped because the Sith meditation ship force confused the Bothan fleet or whatever and broke through there. Ben escaped by planly running out of the aprtment and telling the guards that he was to late to save omas and that the place was gonna blow (from omas's life moniter bomb thing) and since the place blew up there is no evidence he killed omas. When Alema stayed with the sith it doesnt say what happened but alema returns in the sith sphere with a sith holocron that they gave her and with maybey other sith knowledge to give to Jason.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 07:03 PM
Click here to Send obi-one killer a Private Message Find more posts by obi-one killer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Nemesis

There were implications in the book as to how Luke "survived". Before the battle at Balmorra, Jacen was surprised by Luke's sudden appearance in his lounge. While Jacen speaks to him with his back turned, Luke disappears. A similar occurrence occurred in chapter 11 where Luke confronts Jacen about Ben's involvement with Omas' death - Luke shows amazing force skill without showing any fatigue and then leaves. The next thing Jacen knows Luke's in his starfighter ready to launch.

So here is what I believe is going on - Luke is projecting his image in both of those meetings with Jacen and physically remaining in another location. I believe this same tactic was used during his x-wing "death". We all know R2 doesn't get destroyed (or we have continuity issues with the comic tie-in) and we know Luke didn't die. So I think he's using a new Force power to combat Jacen. Basically a tie back to the first book in the series.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 06:01 PM
Click here to Send Darth Nemesis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Nemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
obi-one killer
Try-Mega

But if it is a force projection he wouldnt of actualy sustaned any injurys on his physical body. it could work though if he had R-2 Control the X-wing by remote and then luke could project his force presence into it while he snuck aboard the Anakin Solo. so it would look like he died when all he did was hide in the force. So he'd be using Jacens on dissaperence trick against him but luke just refined it more to his purpose.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 12:27 PM
Click here to Send obi-one killer a Private Message Find more posts by obi-one killer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Scythe
Wheres my grape drink?

I only find it mildly annoying since Luke gave no indication of knowing about force 'phantoms' in the beginning of the LOTF series and now he's mastered the tactic?

But also how they give Jedi like Jaina danger sense when there's impending danger. Then Kam, who is at least a 50-60 something year old Jedi MASTER just gets shot 3 times? In the same siutation no less?

Overall I don't like how the whole series is being handled up to now. I think I'm going to go back and read it from Betrayal and see what else I can spot. Like thinking back I already remember that Wedge's daughter was a focal point of one book. That really had no point. Its like 'ooh she could have shot down her Dad on a bombing run but she didn't, lets abandon her character now'.

I would have liked Michael Stackpole or Timothy Zahn included as authors in this series. I'm not much of a fan of Troy Denning or Karen Traviss.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 06:25 PM
The Rover

I enjoyed Traviss' first novels, but I've been hearing much the same complaining about the series from my circles. I don't plan on reading them. no

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 09:36 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I'll always read the novels even though I don't particularly like Karen Traviss.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 10:03 PM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Wait, Kam Solusar died? Well **** me, these books are getting worse by the minute...

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 06:19 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Scythe
Wheres my grape drink?

Crap. Sorry. I hate to be the one to spoil anything. sad

I always felt he was way underrated and not explored more thoroughly as a character.

I mean, he WAS the first of Luke's 'new' Jedi.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 06:50 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Scythe
Crap. Sorry. I hate to be the one to spoil anything. sad

I always felt he was way underrated and not explored more thoroughly as a character.

I mean, he WAS the first of Luke's 'new' Jedi.

Meh. To me, it's a rehash of the PT. For whatever reason, it still doesn't stop me from buying the books (though I regret it afterwards).

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 06:55 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Scythe
Wheres my grape drink?

The good thing is they're only like 8 bucks. I only regret it after I buy a hardcover, because then its a 25 dollar waste. big grin

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 06:58 PM
Agent White
No title since 2009-07-25

Originally posted by Gideon
Meh. To me, it's a rehash of the PT. For whatever reason, it still doesn't stop me from buying the books (though I regret it afterwards).

Yeah its a ripoff of the PT, but it's all in all MUCH better than the PT. I don't know how, but the PT is pretty bad and LOTF is really good.

"I'm not crazy! Don't call me crazy! I'm just not user-friendly!"

Old Post Oct 13th, 2007 11:20 PM
Click here to Send Agent White a Private Message Find more posts by Agent White Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Originally posted by Darth Scythe
The good thing is they're only like 8 bucks. I only regret it after I buy a hardcover, because then its a 25 dollar waste. big grin

I laugh at your misfortune. laughing

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 12:29 AM
Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by caedusrulesall
Yeah its a ripoff of the PT, but it's all in all MUCH better than the PT. I don't know how, but the PT is pretty bad and LOTF is really good.

Reverse that statement and you have yourself a deal.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 07:03 AM
The Rover

laughing out loud

The PT was weak, son. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 10:22 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote