KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Off to Borders to get some Star Wars stuff. Advise.

Off to Borders to get some Star Wars stuff. Advise.
Started by: Light_Sith

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Light_Sith
Restricted

Account Restricted

To help you advise, I will tell you what I am fond of and what I dislike.

I have a few SW novels and enjoyed POD and Dark Rendezvous in particular.

Reason being that they were straight to the point: One was about a Sith, the other about a powerful Jedi and a Sith.

I do not like these EU books that are filled with lowly creatures that do not use the force and I have no interest in their space battles.

I have never bothered with these comic books, but now is probably the time. Given that I enjoy reading about the adventures of Sith Lords, what should I look for on the shelf?

With the Sith in particular, I am interested in Sidious and Krayt. Any nice comic books on these guys?

Right, that will do.

Fire away.

Oh, and I did not enjoy Shadows of the Empire. The Xizor character was pathetic - bought one of those muscle-toning things that you get off of those infomercials.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 12:33 PM
Click here to Send Light_Sith a Private Message Find more posts by Light_Sith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

you want dark horse's knights of the old republic. it has all of the events that lead up to the destruction of taris with some neat references to revan and malak. it has appearances of damaghoul, alek plays a big role, and my new favorite jedi, zane carrick

its a funny comic book, but it doesnt deal with much all powerful sith lords like nihilus or sideous or krayt...

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 06:46 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Light_Sith
Restricted

Account Restricted

Couldn't go to th bookstore today, but no matter.

I may well buy the comics that shed some light on Revan.

What about Jedi v Sith for Bane and Zannah?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 08:12 PM
Click here to Send Light_Sith a Private Message Find more posts by Light_Sith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Light_Sith
Restricted

Account Restricted

I always wondered if Sidious had met the spirits of the ancient Sith, like Bane.

I would like to find a comic book type thing on the subject.

Wookiepedia's article on Sidious is faulty at the minute.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 10:59 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Light_Sith
I always wondered if Sidious had met the spirits of the ancient Sith, like Bane.

I would like to find a comic book type thing on the subject.

Wookiepedia's article on Sidious is faulty at the minute.

While it remains uncertain as to Sidious's contact with Bane, he has been in touch with the spirits of the Ancient Sith many times.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:13 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Light_Sith
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Gideon
While it remains uncertain as to Sidious's contact with Bane, he has been in touch with the spirits of the Ancient Sith many times.

This is what I will probably go for then.

Any recommendations?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:17 PM
truejedi

here's some advice.
don't buy, go sit, read the book. lol, i did that for ROT recently, because i wasn't paying 27 dollars for 300 pages. I guess they let you read because they expect you to get so interested that you buy it and take it home to finish it. I got so interested i came back another day and finished it up...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 12:41 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Light_Sith
Restricted

Account Restricted

I do that a lot but if there are any decent novels on badass Sith I would rather buy them.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 01:13 AM
Blue_Hefner

Get a better life

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 01:34 AM
Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Light_Sith
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blue_Hefner

Get a better life

These "lives" that people talk of are over rated.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 01:46 AM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Light_Sith

I may well buy the comics that shed some light on Revan.

not much light is shed on revan, however malak makes several impacting appearances and talks about his master often. it shows how he lost his hair, and also much about his "jedi apprentice" personality.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imag...jediandalek.jpg

this is a frame of revan and malak that was in this comic book.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 02:18 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Light_Sith
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
not much light is shed on revan, however malak makes several impacting appearances and talks about his master often. it shows how he lost his hair, and also much about his "jedi apprentice" personality.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imag...jediandalek.jpg

this is a frame of revan and malak that was in this comic book.

I am going to buy this on Amazon.

I have not seen it on the shelves in the past month. I have seen Jedi v Sith (these are "short stories" perhaps?) and many "guide" books.

I suppose it would be worth my while to buy the "essential guide to characters" or what not.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 08:02 AM
nikinik897

Ok, if you want Sith, you'll get Sith.

Darth Bane's novels, takes place during the Sith Era/Sith Wars. I'm only familair with the second one, Rule of Two, where he makes the Rue of Two.

Comics are not the way to go if you want Sith.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 05:06 AM
Click here to Send nikinik897 a Private Message Find more posts by nikinik897 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

And the Bane books are not the way you want to go if you want "quality".

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 05:35 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by nikinik897
Ok, if you want Sith, you'll get Sith.

Darth Bane's novels, takes place during the Sith Era/Sith Wars. I'm only familair with the second one, Rule of Two, where he makes the Rue of Two.

Comics are not the way to go if you want Sith.
Lol, "You will Rue this Two!"

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 08:16 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote