KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Dark Renezvous

Dark Renezvous
Started by: chik4lit

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chik4lit

Dark Renezvous

Has anyone else read this? It is easily my favorite EU novel, but no one I talk to seems to have ever heard of it. It's set between Eps. I and II, and it's basically about Yoda trying to parley with Dooku. It has some great characters, and I don't know if there has ever been a better depcition of Yoda.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:10 PM
Click here to Send chik4lit a Private Message Find more posts by chik4lit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chik4lit

P.S. I am a retarded typist. It is Rendezvous, not Renezvous. That's not even a word.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:12 PM
Click here to Send chik4lit a Private Message Find more posts by chik4lit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Light_Sith
Restricted

Account Restricted

I loved it - mentioned it as one of my favourites in my recent thread.

I have heard that it is one of these books that you either love or hate.

I don't understand why anyone would hate it.

May well be the best Star Wars book I have read.

Very enjoyable read, and I am enjoyed the humour.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:14 PM
Click here to Send Light_Sith a Private Message Find more posts by Light_Sith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Scythe
Wheres my grape drink?

I read it. I liked the character of Jai Maruuk and the two droids. The heavy involvement of the planet Vjuun was pleasing too.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:15 PM
Click here to Send Darth Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Light_Sith
Restricted

Account Restricted

I loved how Yoda and Dooku were portrayed, and Ventress was the icing on the cake.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:20 PM
Click here to Send Light_Sith a Private Message Find more posts by Light_Sith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Light_Sith
Restricted

Account Restricted

BTW, it is set between Episode 2 and 3.

It comes before Labyrinth of Evil.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:37 PM
truejedi

yeah, i loved Yoda having a sense of humor. My only problem was Yoda not being able to save his entourage while traveling with them. I know he had to save the entire space station and all that, or else everyone was going to die, but i think he should have been able to save them all. Sad way for Jedi to go, cut down by droids and shrapnel.
(i'm a jedi fanboy if its not obvious yet.)

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 12:33 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It gave us a much needed insight into the saga's best villain, Count Dooku, which vastly increased the depth of his character, and allowed us a glimpse at the life he lead before he became a Dark Lord Of The Sith. It developed him far beyond the somewhat pointless, albeit charismatic, cameo villain we see in the movies.

George Lucas had so much potential with Dooku, especially with an actor of Christopher Lee's calibre portraying him. It sickens me how it was wasted. erm

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 01:05 AM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chik4lit

Jeez, did I say it was between one and two? I cannot type today.

Anyway, the sense fo humor was definitely my favorite part. And I always like little glimpses into the Obi-Wan/Anakin relationship. There's even a little hint that Obi-Wan may have had a girl in his past.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 02:28 AM
truejedi

did we know that Dooku thoroughly disliked anakin before this book? or was jealous of him?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 04:12 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Light_Sith
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am not certain about that, but in Stover's ROTS novel the Count was portrayed quite a bit differently.

It was made out that he was always heading for the Darkside and further that he never truly subscribed to real Jedi values.

He was portrayed in a sociopathic light which was all very well but there was too much rationalising after the event.

Dark Rendezvous was more realistic.

Last edited by Light_Sith on Mar 20th, 2008 at 10:38 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 10:31 PM