KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Canon

Canon
Started by: Luminatus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Canon

quote:
Do you think you'd have other people continue the Star Wars saga past Episode VI or turn some of the other material into films?

But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker, I mean apart from the books. But there's three worlds: There's my world that I made up, there's the licensing world that's the books, the comics, all that kind of stuff, the games, which is their world, and then there's the fans' world, which is also very rich in imagination, but they don't always mesh. All I'm in charge of is my world. I can't be in charge of those other people's world, because I can't keep up with it.

This is from SW.com but I can't post links yet.

I know there are other quote sas well of Lucas saying the EU and the movies are two different worlds.

So, how can G-Can work? If we use G-Canon, everything Lucas says, as absolute fact, that basically means G-Canon isn't related to any other canon at all doesn't it?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 07:08 AM
Click here to Send Luminatus a Private Message Find more posts by Luminatus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

this is teh expanded universe, so of course stuff after 6 is cannon. this incorporates stuff from all three of the above worlds, not just lucas's as said in that quote. and if i understand correctly, this was asking if lucas would in fact make a VII movie. *shoots cory* it has always been known that lucas didnt write the books/games.

this is the expanded universe so everything from books and games and movies are canon.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 08:34 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know that.
I'm questioning the "Canon Hierarchy" of G-Canon > all and whatever G says effects everything below it.
According to Lucas himself, the EU is a whole differen shebang than the movies. So, why does what he says effect the "other world" as he calls it? (or maybe it was other universe...)

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 08:59 AM
Click here to Send Luminatus a Private Message Find more posts by Luminatus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You said it exactly yourself- according to GL the EU is a whole different world.

All that stuff about G-canon etc, is a way of regulating canon inside the EU, that's all. The EU treats his word as God. The reverse is not so- he does not treat what the EU says as being of any difference tio his creation.

Bu all this is handled in the noted thread at the top of the page which talks about canon policy. Debates on this are extremely ugly, so closing.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 11:00 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote