KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Clear this up for me. Revan v Malak on the Leviathan.

Clear this up for me. Revan v Malak on the Leviathan.
Started by: Light_Sith

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Light_Sith
Restricted

Account Restricted

Clear this up for me. Revan v Malak on the Leviathan.

What is the super duper uber official take on this?

I get a bit irritated when Bastila "sacrifices" herself for me, whilst I am beating seven shades of shit out of Malak. He does his stasis move but I wonder if somebody can "prove" (WTF? laughing out loud ) that Revan could not have freed himself before my precious decides to take on Malak herself.

So, in short, could Revan have taken Malak on the Leviathan?

Or did Bastila just want all the glory?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 01:42 AM
Click here to Send Light_Sith a Private Message Find more posts by Light_Sith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Re: Clear this up for me. Revan v Malak on the Leviathan.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Light_Sith
What is the super duper uber official take on this?

I get a bit irritated when Bastila "sacrifices" herself for me, whilst I am beating seven shades of shit out of Malak. He does his stasis move but I wonder if somebody can "prove" (WTF? laughing out loud ) that Revan could not have freed himself before my precious decides to take on Malak herself.

So, in short, could Revan have taken Malak on the Leviathan?

Or did Bastila just want all the glory?

malak wasn't as strong on the leviathan, that's why you utterly took him apart there. Kinda like, i think its Sion isn't as strong when you meet him on Korriban in KOTOR 2.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 03:59 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Light_Sith
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know about the gameplay, but wondered if Malak officially bested Revan on this occasion.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 02:03 PM
Click here to Send Light_Sith a Private Message Find more posts by Light_Sith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yes, he did.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 07:11 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

hmmm, that would make you wonder about Revan's actual strength. I always thought of Malak as stooge before that, the one the Jedi would rather have in charge of the Sith, but if he DID defeat Revan in hand to hand combat, that would put him at least on Revan's level, and tie their duals at one each.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 07:29 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

What you have to remember here is that Revan still hadn't re-claimed all of his memories, which means that he may not have been as powerful as he had once been.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 08:28 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Light_Sith
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know bud, I know.

Just wondering if Bastila wanted to take all the glory.

Revan was between worlds but Malak did not have his precious Star Forge.

Thanks for clearing this up.

Revan was beaten.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 09:23 PM
Elite Hunter

I know bud, I know.

Just wondering if Bastila wanted to take all the glory.

As important as Bastilla is for the republic she knew that she was the only one who could hold off Malak because in the end Revan is the only who could have stopped Malak and thus he was the most important jedi in the galaxy.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 09:27 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Light_Sith
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by truejedi
hmmm, that would make you wonder about Revan's actual strength. I always thought of Malak as stooge before that, the one the Jedi would rather have in charge of the Sith, but if he DID defeat Revan in hand to hand combat, that would put him at least on Revan's level, and tie their duals at one each.

Glad that this got you curious.

For what it is worth, Malak (strangely I might add) seemed in complete control up until the very end.

I am rather fond of him and I admired his brutality. He lacked the talent of Revan but went to extremes in an attempt to get the job done.

Talked a bit too much, but no Sith is perfect.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 09:29 PM
Light_Sith
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tangible God
Yes, he did.

Oh, and your answer will not go unrewarded, my good chum.

I may even grant you forgiveness for not finding me that avatar I so desired.

This question I posed had been a thorn in my butt ever since I played KOTOR.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 10:03 PM
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Originally posted by truejedi

Except by the fact that on their next encounter, which was on the Star Forge and with Malak being empowered by it, Revan defeated him without much difficulty.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 01:49 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
Revan defeated him without much difficulty.

There is no proof that Malak was beaten without much difficulty.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 01:56 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Maybe not 'without much difficulty', but it was not as incredibly hard for him as many make it out be. And the point still stands: Revan is quite simply superior to Malak. If Malak would not have been powered up by the SF, Revan would have won much more easily.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 02:05 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

I know about the gameplay, but wondered if Malak officially bested Revan on this occasion.

i will give the simple and logical answer

yes revan did beat malak on the leviathan, thats why instead of finishing the duel that you were beating him in, he used stasis and fled.
bastilla's "sacrifice" was merely a plot device leading to her fall to the dark side which was meant to enhance the story and make gameplay longer and more interesting.

had bastilla not intervened, malak would have lost but with some difficulty. it wont be a cake walk for the revan who was stunned momentarily with stasis. but i still have revan taking this one.

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

angel

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 02:07 AM
Click here to Send Man of Christ a Private Message Find more posts by Man of Christ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
Maybe not 'without much difficulty', but it was not as incredibly hard for him as many make it out be.

He was described as "nearly unstoppable."

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 02:07 AM
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Yes, 'nearly unstoppable' for virtually everyone... except Revan.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 02:12 AM
Elite Hunter

Considering that Malak is on Dooku's level and arguably more powerful than the count while on the star forge and Revan is below Yoda, I fail to see how you think everyone's opinion of the difference of power is inaccurate.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 02:16 AM
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

So you're saying Revan is more powerful than Count Dooku?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 02:21 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
He was described as "nearly unstoppable."
Nearly unstoppable as in
- A hard fight
- Malaks military still putting up a very good fight
- Other things

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 02:26 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Exactly. The quote is referring to Malak's Empire in general, not individually... Although, it is true that the only person with the power to defeat him was Revan.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 02:27 AM