KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Karen Travis...

Karen Travis...
Started by: The big EH

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

Angry Karen Travis....

Karen Travis i'm going to kill you! you killed mara, you ***** :cry: this is what i was thinking, then i found out she does all of the stufff involving mandalorians and is currently making their language.....i'm so confused what should i do???

Lilypop Shots on XBOX
Lilipopshots on insragram

Old Post Mar 12th, 2008 09:10 PM
Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Get over it, LOL. Mara sucked as a character, especially after Zahn's trilogy.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2008 10:13 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mara= single most badass women in the entire Star Wars universe. Ever.

NJO and Lotf is shite, pure and simple.. Palleon's death is one of the greatest attrocities EVAR!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2008 11:21 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

i agree, mara was the coolest chick though

Lilypop Shots on XBOX
Lilipopshots on insragram

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 01:09 AM
Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Melcórë
Get over it, LOL. Mara sucked as a character, especially after Zahn's trilogy.
THANK YOU! Glad someone finally said it aloud.

Anyways, the more over-used characters they kill off the better. I'm looking forward to the day Luke snuffs it. Han and Leia too.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 02:26 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
Anyways, the more over-used characters they kill off the better. I'm looking forward to the day Luke snuffs it. Han and Leia too.

I hope its really painful for them too.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 01:25 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McLovin
Restricted

Account Restricted

EU in general is pretty bad.

Especially anything that takes place after ROTJ.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 04:48 PM
Click here to Send McLovin a Private Message Find more posts by McLovin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

the thrawn trilogy rocked and DE wasn't bad either

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 09:12 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

i gotta say i liked LOTF, but they can't keep killing off the characters one by one, its almost anti-climatic when so many characters get offed in one series, book after book like this.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 09:19 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Originally posted by Tangible God
THANK YOU! Glad someone finally said it aloud.

LOL. I've never liked her, not even IN Thrawn's works. She's too much of a b!tch, seriously.

LOL. I love those three, but, yeah, they need to die. And soon.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 09:41 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mara > Leia. By far.

Fully aware of Leia Organa's prodigious political skills, she's a half-trained, aging semi-Jedi. She needs to handle the political bullshit and keep her ass out of the melee. Han Solo is badass, too, but he's 70. I can see him piloting still and leading/commanding/orchestrating various battles. But fighting against highly trained shocktroops half his age? Nope.

Luke's the only one of the big three who has any business being in a combat situation. And as for Traviss, her Mandalorian fetish has gotten way out of control, and her purge of Tim Zahn's characters is annoying, since Mara and Gilad Pellaeon's death did not do anything but add to the creative feel. When you have two distinctive, legendary, and important SW characters such as that, and you intend to kill them, it better be for one damn good reason.

She's the worst SW author, hands down.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 09:49 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

I'm reading the novel Allegiance right now, enjoying it so far... Mara's mentioned in this book, by then, she was the Emperor's Hand and was only 18 years old. That's quite impressive.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 09:55 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

Originally posted by Gideon
Mara > Leia. By far.

Fully aware of Leia Organa's prodigious political skills, she's a half-trained, aging semi-Jedi. She needs to handle the political bullshit and keep her ass out of the melee. Han Solo is badass, too, but he's 70. I can see him piloting still and leading/commanding/orchestrating various battles. But fighting against highly trained shocktroops half his age? Nope.

Luke's the only one of the big three who has any business being in a combat situation. And as for Traviss, her Mandalorian fetish has gotten way out of control, and her purge of Tim Zahn's characters is annoying, since Mara and Gilad Pellaeon's death did not do anything but add to the creative feel. When you have two distinctive, legendary, and important SW characters such as that, and you intend to kill them, it better be for one damn good reason.

She's the worst SW author, hands down.

i couldn't agree more

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 10:44 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have hated her since the beginning. The dark day was when any and all of the thrawn books were released.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 11:15 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I gotta be honest here, the Thrawn books were good--- when Luke wasn't around. You know, when they were telling us about Thrawn, Pellaeon, the politics of the time, etc. Just not the ****ing Jedi.

In fact, nearly EVERY post-ROTJ book that have Jedi present and talking about the Force, pisses me right the hell off. Throwing a love-life and child in for Luke only made it worse for me, now he's got "parental and marital concerns" combined with the pressure of the Force and being Jedi Master #1.

If they made that kid totally celibate, I'd be happy.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 12:56 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by Nactous
I have hated her since the beginning. The dark day was when any and all of the thrawn books were released.

I liked Mara, but only after she was released from the clutches of that pompus fool Zhan.

I read his most recent Star Wars Book... unless he ended up writing one after this one... I got as far as "Planet Teardrop" yes that was it's name. and I quit reading it.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 01:30 AM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

So... what is this thread about? LOTF?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 07:07 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

... I think it may be a hate thread... But then again I could be wrong but when a threads start with the words "I Hate you" it usually indicates a hate thread.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 06:21 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Unless it was opposite day when it was posted, then it means "Karen Travis I'm Going To Give You Milk And Cookies For Doing What You Did."

And she'll be all like, "YUM!"

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 06:54 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

True.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 07:08 PM