KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars: Legacy of the Force

Star Wars: Legacy of the Force
Started by: Darth Sexy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thoughts on the "invincible" novel

quote:
Threads merged to discuss all books in the Legacy of the Force series.

Betrayal by Aaron Allston - May 30, 2006
Bloodlines by Karen Traviss - August 29, 2006
Tempest by Troy Denning - November 28, 2006
Exile by Aaron Allston - February 27, 2007
Sacrifice by Karen Traviss - May 29, 2007
Inferno by Troy Denning - August 28, 2007
Fury by Aaron Allston - November 27, 2007
Revelation by Karen Traviss - February 26, 2008
Invincible by Troy Denning - May 13, 2008

Here you can discuss any manner of things that occured during the LOTF series, including the controversial number of deaths that occured, the Galactic Alliance facing off with a new Confederacy, the rift between the Skywalkers and the Solos, the very strange fall of Jacen Solo to the Dark Side as Darth Caedus and his rival of the Sith Order, the role of the New Sith Order, Ben Skywalker's training, and so on.

Enjoy.

-REX

Since I am assuming I'm the only one who has finished the novel thus far, I won't release any spoilers, but I do have a few thoughts on the novel.

1. This was easily the best novel in this g-d awful series and a fitting conclusion to it. I am very interested to see what paths all of the parties take and what part the New Sith Order plays in the future.

2. The question of Luke's obvious superiority over Jacen has been answered once and for all..

Anyways, have fun reading, awesome book.

Last edited by REXXXX on May 16th, 2008 at 05:18 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2008 10:10 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Damn you. My bookstores get books months after they come out. It sucks that Jacen dies.

Last edited by Blue_Hefner on May 13th, 2008 at 10:20 PM

Old Post May 13th, 2008 10:18 PM
Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

question: how did you get it? i won't lie, i really want to read it, whether i liked the last 2 or not.

Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

may 20th, right?

Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Would you mind sending me a PM whenever you get the chance of some of key spoilers of invincible .

Old Post May 13th, 2008 10:21 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Elite, ask me what you want to know. And the book came out today "may 13th", at least here. I reserved it and picked it up at 9 AM this morning and didn't stop reading until I finished it. I was satisfied.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 10:46 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

Invincible was a good read and a good book. Darth Sexy have you read the legacy comics? cause they explain you second question

Old Post May 13th, 2008 11:59 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

I want to know the last detail in the saber duel vs Jaina and Caedus, like was it a legit win or was there some circumstance that helped Jaina win. And did the war end, I already know what happens to the imperials. Oh and was the new sith order featured.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 01:11 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

okay, yep, picked it up, read it, i agree with Darth Sexy, especially on point number 2 there. too early for a thread that allows for spoilers?

Old Post May 14th, 2008 05:59 AM
truejedi

Invincible: Nothing but Spoilers:

okay: I've waited almost 12 hours to talk about this book:

Time to mention what i haven't been able to stop thinking: The very first thing that stands out to me from the entire book:

LUKE HAS SHATTERPOINT!!!

does this make him even more uber than we already have him pegged?

Old Post May 14th, 2008 04:36 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

So does Jacen. My question is, where did jacen learn it? Hell, a lot of the shit he has he just randomly obtained after declaring a sith name. Luke also knows force illusion to the highest extent as he used it against Jacen when Jacen fought Jaina. Luke ALSO knows some kind of technique that allows you to mess one's perception of the future, and basically manipulate it.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 04:42 PM
truejedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
So does Jacen. My question is, where did jacen learn it? Hell, a lot of the shit he has he just randomly obtained after declaring a sith name. Luke also knows force illusion to the highest extent as he used it against Jacen when Jacen fought Jaina. Luke ALSO knows some kind of technique that allows you to mess one's perception of the future, and basically manipulate it.

it really made it seem as if luke was playing jacen the ENTIRE time. I wish jacen had known that before dying. it would have been sweet. he never even realized that luke wasn't really there when he fought jaina the first time.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 04:44 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know. I didn't like the justification for Luke not fighting Jacen. The whole "i'll go to the dark side and take jacen's place if I fight him".

Old Post May 14th, 2008 05:03 PM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

thats gay. Luke is established as the ultimate good guy with no possible temptation to the darkside at this point :/

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post May 14th, 2008 05:07 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

So after this book came out of those who read it would this Luke top NJO Luke now?

Old Post May 14th, 2008 07:28 PM
truejedi

IMO, yes, easily.

Knightfall: what he did to the mando's seemed pretty dark-side if you think about it. I bet Karen Traviss kills him off to keep him from hurting her mandalorians ever again. I love how she uses 2 whole books to establish them as a power, and Troy Denning destroys all her work over the course of a few pages. I would be willing to wager Troy was going to kill Fett too, until Karen called him, and over teh course of hours, or even days of harassing him, he decided not to kill him, just exile him.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 07:39 PM
truejedi

do we get to have an entirely new designation for Luke now in the vs forums? LOTF Luke? B/c that luke seems like the one that could beat the ridiculous curbstomp threads that have been popping up. His control of the force seems unrivaled to the point that force attacks are a waste of time on him, so unless you can defeat him with a saber, and that seems unlikely, he becomes next to invincible.
which brings up another point: darkside LOTF luke, the one that defeated lumiya in just a few seconds. That luke was the one that held Jacen completely and totally immobile. IMO, LOTF is now the new end all of the vs. forum.

Old Post May 15th, 2008 04:35 AM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Karen travis is retarded. I disregard every word she has written as non cannon.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post May 15th, 2008 04:54 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

troy denning wrote invincible though...

Old Post May 15th, 2008 05:01 AM
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Oh god, why....

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post May 15th, 2008 05:12 AM
Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote