KMC Forums

 
  REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!
 
 
Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Legacy - Comics


Star Wars Legacy - Comics
Started by: tauros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tauros
Senior Member

Registered: Apr 2008
Location:


 

About Darth Krayt and 130 ABY.

Has Darth Krayt died yet? I am confused with all this new material. Where are we going now? Darth Krayt comes after Luke dies, no?

Old Post May 16th, 2008 09:26 AM
Click here to Send tauros a Private Message Find more posts by tauros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Registered: Mar 2006
Location: Beyond Coast


 

Darth Krayt, is sadly still alive.


__________________


Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post May 16th, 2008 09:45 AM
Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tauros
Senior Member

Registered: Apr 2008
Location:


 

Sadly? Is he powerful? As/more powerful than Luke? And, is 130 ABY the current time? Or the "newest" time?

Old Post May 16th, 2008 10:10 AM
Click here to Send tauros a Private Message Find more posts by tauros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Registered: Nov 2001
Location: San Diego

Moderator


 

I suggest reading the article on Darth Krayt on Wookieepedia or picking up the Legacy comics. They're not half-bad. And nobody is more powerful than Luke...

The farthest along we are in the Star Wars timeline is 137 ABY.


__________________

Old Post May 16th, 2008 01:07 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Registered: Jul 2006
Location:

Account Restricted


 

Legacy is a joke. If it remains canon, then the authors have to speed up the death of the entire Skywalker/Solo family and their ancestors, which would make no sense.


__________________
Greed is Good.

Old Post May 16th, 2008 02:29 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi
Senior Member

Registered: Oct 2005
Location: United States


 

do you mean legacy of the force? cause that should remain canon over comic books. (unless the comic books are called legacy too? ) and where do you even get star wars comic books? i looked at borders yesterday out of curiousity and didn't see anything about a darth krayt.

Old Post May 16th, 2008 05:24 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Registered: Jul 2005
Location:


 

My theory is that Lucas is attempting to eliminate all of his original characters so that, after he dies, noone can claim them and do with them what they wish.


__________________
Recently Produced and Distributed Young but High-Ranking Political Figure of Royal Ancestry within the Modern American Town Affectionately Referred To as Bel-Air.

Old Post May 16th, 2008 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tauros
Senior Member

Registered: Apr 2008
Location:


 

I hope that happens soon, so Star Wars can, maybe, just maybe, mature. The setting has so much potential, but I'm getting fed up with the
"LIGHT SIDE ALWAYS WINS, 90% OF THE BAD GUYS TURN TO LIGHT IN THEIR DEATH OR OTHERWISE, ANYONE (99%) OF THE LIGHT SIDE GUYS TURNED TO DARK SIDE DON'T STAY DARK" etttttttttttttccccccc AHHH MAKE IT STOP AAAAAAAA MAKE IT STOP

Old Post May 16th, 2008 11:13 PM
Click here to Send tauros a Private Message Find more posts by tauros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner
Senior Member

Registered: Jun 2006
Location:


 

Re: About Darth Krayt and 130 ABY.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tauros
Has Darth Krayt died yet? I am confused with all this new material. Where are we going now? Darth Krayt comes after Luke dies, no?


Darth Krayt and Luke Skywalker lived synchronously, but Krayt lived longer for some reason that I don' t know

Old Post May 16th, 2008 11:18 PM
Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Registered: Jul 2006
Location:

Account Restricted


 

I do. The Legacy authors decided to see how much they can destroy Star Wars, and proceeded to do just that after the LOTF authors began the process.


__________________
Greed is Good.

Old Post May 16th, 2008 11:27 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Registered: Jul 2005
Location:


 

The saga needs to retire soon. I honestly hope that after Lucas little dabble in the Clone Wars, and the next few games are released, then the franchise will be laid to rest. Even Star Trek knew enough to do that.


__________________
Recently Produced and Distributed Young but High-Ranking Political Figure of Royal Ancestry within the Modern American Town Affectionately Referred To as Bel-Air.

Old Post May 16th, 2008 11:50 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Registered: Nov 2001
Location: San Diego

Moderator


 

Star Wars Legacy - Comics

Set in the not-terribly-distant-but-far-enough-away-for-Luke-to-be-dead future, Legacy is the comic book series produced by Dark Horse Comics that presents the Star Wars galaxy as it is seen in the year 130 ABY and onwards, barring flashbacks.

The series is notorious for stomping all over the whole 'The Sith are destroyed forever by the Chosen One' prophecy, as the Sith are back en masse this time. The Rule of Two has been left behind, supplanted by the Rule of One, which somehow means hundreds of thousands of Sith combatants under the malicious Darth Krayt. After triggering a war between (surprise) the Galactic Alliance and the Galatic Empire, the Sith destroy the Alliance and take over a splintered Empire. Friendless, the Jedi are once again hunted down and scattered across the stars.

But some things don't change. The name Skywalker still brings hope to the Galaxy, though the current Skywalker, Cade, certainly walks the line. It doesn't seem to deterr anyone that his a drug-abusing bounty hunter with a penchant for touching the Dark Side... but he has discovered his natural talent for reviving the dead and dying, the power that Anakin Skywalker fell to the Dark Side for in the first place.

Despite the Galaxy repeating itself with returned Sith, Jedi massacres, Empire vs. Alliance, and Skywalker being the last hope, the Legacy series is not wholly without its own merits. More recent plotlines, some stepping away from the Skywalker legacy to inspect the plight of the Galactic Alliance and its attempts at cooperation with the Imperial sect under the rightful Emperor Roan Fel, have been strong and likeable, with an equally likeable cast of characters.

So there we are. Discuss away!


__________________

Old Post May 18th, 2008 05:55 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182
Senior Member

Registered: May 2005
Location: United States


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tangible God
The saga needs to retire soon. I honestly hope that after Lucas little dabble in the Clone Wars, and the next few games are released, then the franchise will be laid to rest. Even Star Trek knew enough to do that.


the clone wars isnt the last he is also doin a live action series

Old Post May 18th, 2008 11:06 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi
Senior Member

Registered: Oct 2005
Location: United States


 

Re: Star Wars Legacy - Comics

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
Set in the not-terribly-distant-but-far-enough-away-for-Luke-to-be-dead future, Legacy is the comic book series produced by Dark Horse Comics that presents the Star Wars galaxy as it is seen in the year 130 ABY and onwards, barring flashbacks.

The series is notorious for stomping all over the whole 'The Sith are destroyed forever by the Chosen One' prophecy, as the Sith are back en masse this time. The Rule of Two has been left behind, supplanted by the Rule of One, which somehow means hundreds of thousands of Sith combatants under the malicious Darth Krayt. After triggering a war between (surprise) the Galactic Alliance and the Galatic Empire, the Sith destroy the Alliance and take over a splintered Empire. Friendless, the Jedi are once again hunted down and scattered across the stars.

But some things don't change. The name Skywalker still brings hope to the Galaxy, though the current Skywalker, Cade, certainly walks the line. It doesn't seem to deterr anyone that his a drug-abusing bounty hunter with a penchant for touching the Dark Side... but he has discovered his natural talent for reviving the dead and dying, the power that Anakin Skywalker fell to the Dark Side for in the first place.

Despite the Galaxy repeating itself with returned Sith, Jedi massacres, Empire vs. Alliance, and Skywalker being the last hope, the Legacy series is not wholly without its own merits. More recent plotlines, some stepping away from the Skywalker legacy to inspect the plight of the Galactic Alliance and its attempts at cooperation with the Imperial sect under the rightful Emperor Roan Fel, have been strong and likeable, with an equally likeable cast of characters.

So there we are. Discuss away!


hmmm, kinda like LOTF, sounds like this story has been done before... Can't they come up with something original?

Old Post May 19th, 2008 06:26 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Registered: Dec 2006
Location: The Batcave


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tangible God
The saga needs to retire soon. I honestly hope that after Lucas little dabble in the Clone Wars, and the next few games are released, then the franchise will be laid to rest. Even Star Trek knew enough to do that.




Yes, but Star Trek is back with a new film and possible series. Don't forgot Trek novels are being released also


__________________


THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 19th, 2008 07:07 PM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Registered: Feb 2008
Location: London

Account Restricted


 

sci fi in itself is going down the tubes. Time for someone aside from spielberg and lucas to do everything.


__________________

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post May 20th, 2008 12:41 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi
Senior Member

Registered: Oct 2005
Location: United States


 

theres going to be a new mummy movie... and caspian was pretty good..

Old Post May 20th, 2008 01:36 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Registered: Feb 2008
Location: London

Account Restricted


 

hmm. Im probably against seeing caspian because they disgraced the books (from what i have heard)

a mummy movie, you say?

I am mostly waiting for Batman; The dark Knight, Indiana Jones, and Clone wars (praying its not like the 2d cartoon the whole time)


__________________

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post May 20th, 2008 04:08 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Registered: Aug 2005
Location: The Dojo


 

Isn't Caspian and the Mummy more fantasy than science fiction?


__________________

Nice trick.

Old Post May 20th, 2008 05:16 AM
Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Registered: Feb 2008
Location: London

Account Restricted


 

yes.


__________________

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post May 20th, 2008 05:22 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 01:46 PM.
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< Contact Us - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Forum powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.