KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Most Wasteful Death

Most Wasteful Death
Started by: Blax_Hydralisk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Most Wasteful Death

List people whom you think shouldn't have been killed off for whatever reasons yo want, wither it be just likig the character, or maybe feeling that they had potential to be a much better character, felt that the death was unnecessary etc.

Mara Jade for me, personally, because she was my favorite star wars chick by a mile and I don't see any reason to kill her off.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 03:30 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

Chewbacca, killing off one of the originals is just a crime especially since anakin dies later on making chewie death completly pointless

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 03:36 AM
Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Chewbacca for one...Come on seriously, what kinda of fvcked up bullshit is that?

Personally, although Darth Nihilus obviously should have died, I think his character should have been expanded on beforehand.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 04:42 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Darth Caedus. It should have been Luke instead. I know a lot people hated him and all, but at least he was willing to do more for the galaxy than Luke was.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 06:42 AM
Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'd rather list the people whose death I approved of:

1. Chewbacca. His EU self sucked.
2. Gantoris. I don't know, I just didn't like him.
3. Mara. Never cared for her character.
4. Caedus. Jacen sucked as a villain.
5. Borsk Fey'lya. He was a jerk.
6. Sadly not Lowbacca or Zaalbar. I don't like Wookies.
7. Sadly not Juhani. Awkward, dyke, kitty-cat.
8. Luke (but not soon enough). Less of the originals that survived to be marred by EU, the better.

I actually didn't like the unnecessary death of Pellaeon.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 07:39 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

Grand Moff Tarkin. He was a superb villain who didn't have nearly enough screen time; albeit, Peter Cushing's performance dominated every second of film he was in.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 10:54 AM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Count dooku, he was awesome.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 02:40 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wasteful? Both Tarkin and Dooku had to die. Mara Jade Skywalker and Gilad Pellaeon, easily.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 04:21 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

I agree. I do not understand why so many people dislike Mara Jade. To me, she's one of the best female characters in SW.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 06:46 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent White
No title since 2009-07-25

*Invincible Spoiler, but you probably should know not to read this thread if you haven't read Invincible*

Gilad Pellaeon, really. He was so old, he should've died naturally beforehand. Stupid Karen Traviss. Although I do approve of Tahiri killing him because she became yet another traitor to the Alliance.

And despite how many people unneededly hated Caedus, I think that they should have allowed him some more time to become a better villain before he died. I mean, he really only started acting like a proper Sith in Invincible. Plus, having built up his power all the way back from Traitor, it sucked that Jaina, who'd only been training since Fury, ended up killing him.

"I'm not crazy! Don't call me crazy! I'm just not user-friendly!"

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 08:48 PM
Click here to Send Agent White a Private Message Find more posts by Agent White Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

jaina was also instensely traing with mandalorians though

Lilypop Shots on XBOX
Lilipopshots on insragram

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 08:51 PM
Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
I agree. I do not understand why so many people dislike Mara Jade. To me, she's one of the best female characters in SW.

Agreed. She was the yin to Luke's overly self-righteous Jesus like yang.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 09:08 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maul and Jango. Maul is supposed to be this god and he got pwnt by a padawan so now everyone will always use that against maul. Same thing with jango. He kiled jedi with his bare hands. His death was kinda pointless.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 10:29 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Mara wasn't much of a big loss, it was precisely because she wasn't a big loss that the writers sacrificed her. She started off well in the Zahn books, but I don't think she was Luke's best match, and also the way Zahn made her the one that killed C'Baoth wasn't very cool, neither was Luuke the clone (but that's another story).

Jacen was wasted, he seemed to be set to bring some spark into a New Jedi Order that was (in comparison to the golden age era) pretty unremarkable. He looked set to be the next Qui Gon but the authors screwed it up, turning his character into something it was not.

How does a thoughtful pacifist who went through a rebirth in Traitor, turn into a mad Sith Lord? Really!

Chewbacca's death was no big deal either, they never really used him in the EU - and because of that they could easily kill him off. There are many characters I could say that about including Jaina who's been characterized so poorly once she became a jedi knight.

Killing Leia and Han now, would also be pointless since their importance to the EU has depreciated, the authors should let them die of natural causes.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Last edited by Allankles on Jul 2nd, 2008 at 10:48 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 10:40 PM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
Maul and Jango. Maul is supposed to be this god and he got pwnt by a padawan so now everyone will always use that against maul. Same thing with jango. He kiled jedi with his bare hands. His death was kinda pointless.

I disagree about Jango. He was a bounty hunter with good combat skills but his death demonstrated that for all his weapons he was no match for the power of the force or more precisely, a Jedi who wielded the force with authority.

He was there to be an example of what the true battle was, which was ultimately Jedi vs Sith. Jango's pride got him killed, he should have used a sniper rifle and stayed away from the center of the arena.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 10:45 PM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

I can't really tell what death pissed me off the most- as no character I REALLY LIKE had ever died unnnecessarily- but I can certainly tell you whose deaths I would most like to see:

Luke Skywalker. The guy pisses me off so much- as Blax put it, 'overly self-righteous Jesus like yang'. Plus, he's insanely overpowered, overused, and just grossly lame- I hope that when he dies, it's painful, and we get explicit descriptions of the blood and gore bursting out of his orfices. That'll be good.

Boba Fett. Although originally badass, Karen Traviss ruined him. She should die along with him.

Leia. Sorry, but she isn't a cool girl anymore- just a boring, overused old woman who should die.

However, I might note... isn't anyone interested in what would've happened if Thrawn hadn't died?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Thrawn is the one character that deserves a comeback, to bad that one clone was killed by Mara and Luke.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 11:14 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Luke Skywalker. The guy pisses me off so much- as Blax put it, 'overly self-righteous Jesus like yang'. Plus, he's insanely overpowered, overused, and just grossly lame- I hope that when he dies, it's painful, and we get explicit descriptions of the blood and gore bursting out of his orfices. That'll be good.
That'd be awesome, but don't count on it. When they kill off Luke Skywalker, it's gonna unfold like Dragonball Z: his transcendence into the Force will be marked as one of the natural wonders of the Universe, and take a whole novel to do it.

Last edited by Lord Lucien on Jul 3rd, 2008 at 12:29 AM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 12:20 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tangible God
That'd be awesome, but don't count on it. When they kill of Luke Skywalker, it's gonna unfold like Dragonball Z: his transcendence into the Force will be marked as one of the natural wonders of the Universe, and take a whole novel to do it.

Yea good luck at George Lucas' greatest hero die any death other than a natural one.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 12:25 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL @ Luke Skywalker being "overused" and "overpowered".

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 01:26 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote