KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Galen's Family Crest

Galen's Family Crest
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

The family crest of Vaders' Apprentice is the rebel alliance symbol

I created this thread in the "OT" section cause i think it doesn't belong there cause the "Force Unleashed" story isn't apart of the official movies so i'm putting it here cause it's an expanded story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darth Vader: "He is dead."

Palpatine: "Then he is now more powerful than ever. He was meant to root out the rebels, not give them hope. His sacrifice will only inspire them."

Galen Marek's Vaders' secret apprentice.

"Princess Leia proposed that the Rebels use the Marek family crest as a symbol of hope to rally behind, with which all agreed."

"Galen changed the very fate of the galaxy. His alliance survived and changed the shape of the galaxy forever. The Alliance eventually won the Galactic Civil War and the Galactic Republic was finally restored in the form of the New Republic."

- Legacy

This also brings up another question. Luke and/or Leia were "A New Hope" but was Starkiller "the Original Hope"?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 04:04 PM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I think Anakin was the Original Hope, Luke was the New Hope and Galen was the Inspiration.

Last edited by Lord Lucien on Aug 28th, 2008 at 07:16 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 07:01 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Makes sense. Vader was the "chosen one". The hope that was "to birng balance to he Force".

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 07:05 PM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tangible God
I think Anakin was the Original Hope, Luke was the New Hope and Galen was the Inspiration.
Noice.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2008 12:04 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I just finished reading “The Force Unleashed” graphic novel yesterday. (It finally arrived late yesterday from Amazon; read it in one sitting)

To me, it’s the best Star Wars Tale outside the movies ever, to my knowledge. I’ve read dozens upon dozens of pieces of SW lit and none compare. And I’ve never said this about a SW story.

It’s so perfectly and logically ties into the OT. More so that any other story tie in there is. I highly recommend it. After finishing the book my anticipation for the game has increased 10 fold. Now more than ever I just can’t wait for it to come out in a few weeks. To me, it’ll probably be the best SW video game ever.

I loved the way the book started: In typical SW fashion. Where the viewer already enters a dire situation already happening. Like a crisis you’d see in the middle/end of a movie only the film/story starts off that way.

And Starkiller always interested me for some reason. When playing Soul Calibur 4. (I thought it was absolutely genius of Lucas to throw the kid on there. It was perfect timing. His games' ending and how he insinuated upon the new upcoming game just made the game legendary already. Even when he wins it’s like he’s currently doing missions for Vader already and the fight was just a distraction when,after winning a fight, he says “Continuing Mission” and Force jumps out of sight. Wow. Just wow.) – And I think Vader’s coming to the 360 after the Force Unleashed is released.-

Maybe it’s the “why” of him. Like why was Vader taking on an apprentice when he isn’t suppose to. Or where he came from and how Vader found him which is illustrated magnificently and in proper detail in the book. He’s slowly starting to become one of my fav SW characters. My current and only favs are: Boba Fett, Darth Maul, and Vader.

I give this book a 9/10. I highly recommend it.

I just wish it was a bit longer cause it’s such a great story. I wanted more. It does take place 2 years before the Battle of Yavin or “A New Hope” so I could understand why it wasn’t that long.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 29th, 2008 04:38 PM
xxxpoppunker182

i read the actual book and i hated it.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2008 07:21 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow, spoiler!

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 04:30 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

This did not need its own thread and could be discussed in The Force Unleashed thread.

Closed.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 08:18 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote