KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Question: Mace Windu's Power

Question: Mace Windu's Power
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

Question: Mace Windu's Power

Lucas stated that by ROTJ, Darth Vader is 80% of Emperor Palpatine.

How much do you think Mace Windu is % wise of Yoda?

This has nothing to do with swordsmanship. I'm talking about Force power.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 05:28 PM
Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Probably...70%? Somewhere around there.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 06:13 PM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Really thought it would be higher. Anyone else?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 08:00 PM
Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

99%

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 10:04 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

1175.78896%

Obviously. Yoda's lightsaber was the same color as his skin, but Mace was strong enough to make a different colored lightsaber.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 10:14 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

.04 * Yoda = Mace.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

To give you a straight answer, nobody knows. George Lucas never made that comparison.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 11:34 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOOG

i couldve swore i read lucas say when he was replying to ppls email that mace was equal to yoda hmmm i wish i could find that sight if i do ill post it

WHO RUN IT

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 09:12 AM
Click here to Send BOOG a Private Message Find more posts by BOOG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

and that was vader=80% of palpatine at the time of the pt. this equasion might not have been true at the time of rots.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 09:17 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i dont know why people keep talking of force power and sabre skills as separate things...Windu essentially invented modern vaapad and was the only one to master it without falling to the dark side...this would take a massive mastery of the force to achieve...he lost his sabre and took on hundreds of droids using only his bare hands and his force powers...he is one of the few jedi who can use aspects of the force that flirt dangerously close to the dark side without even wavering...such as shatterpoint and force crush

all this and he lived 800 years less than yoda did...so while at the time of his death he may not have been yoda's equal in terms of overall force power...i'd say he mastered things other jedi didn't or couldn't...and if he had 800 more years to achieve greater power than i'd say he'd have far excelled beyond yoda's ability

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 10:26 AM
Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

when does lucas reply to people's email? the only sight i know about that supposedly happening is supershadow.....

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 05:12 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Supershadow... erm
Is.
Not.
Real.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 08:41 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

obviously i know that nemesis... that was my point.... if boog got his idea that lucas said that from that site, then.... you follow?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 09:46 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

question...do posts in here get actively deleted

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 09:52 PM
Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by truejedi
obviously i know that nemesis... that was my point.... if boog got his idea that lucas said that from that site, then.... you follow?

I wasn't responding to you.

The only place he would've found 'GL responding to EMAIL' would be SS.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 10:09 PM
xxxpoppunker182

Originally posted by jaden101
i dont know why people keep talking of force power and sabre skills as separate things...Windu essentially invented modern vaapad and was the only one to master it without falling to the dark side...this would take a massive mastery of the force to achieve...he lost his sabre and took on hundreds of droids using only his bare hands and his force powers...he is one of the few jedi who can use aspects of the force that flirt dangerously close to the dark side without even wavering...such as shatterpoint and force crush

all this and he lived 800 years less than yoda did...so while at the time of his death he may not have been yoda's equal in terms of overall force power...i'd say he mastered things other jedi didn't or couldn't...and if he had 800 more years to achieve greater power than i'd say he'd have far excelled beyond yoda's ability

the shatterpoint ability doesn't even come close to "flirting with the darkside"

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 10:41 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
the shatterpoint ability doesn't even come close to "flirting with the darkside"

Vapaad does. That's obviously what he meant. Vapaad + Force Crush = Scary Jedi.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 10:46 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182

depends on how it's used...not to mention that most force users capable of using shatterpoint have been aligned to the darkside...Kreia, Darth Caedus, Visas Marr

Mace Windu only really used his ability to see shatterpoints...i dont think he ever acted on the ability...must've been a reason for not doing so...

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 11:57 PM
truejedi

Luke Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 03:19 AM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

depends on how it's used...not to mention that most force users capable of using shatterpoint have been aligned to the darkside...Kreia, Darth Caedus, Visas Marr

Fallacy of Composition
The individual alignments of users has little to do with the technique itself. Many of the users of TK have been dark side- Vader, Marek, Dooku, Sidious- but that doesn't mean that it is a DS power.

Mace Windu only really used his ability to see shatterpoints...i dont think he ever acted on the ability...must've been a reason for not doing so...

In fights he definitely uses that ability. He could see exactly where to attack giant tanks on Harrun Kal. He acts on it when it is his own best interests, or those of the Republic. There is nothing to suggest that he actively avoided using the technique.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 03:33 AM