KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Gray Jedi

Gray Jedi
Started by: MasterAshenVor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MasterAshenVor
Grey Jedi

Gray Jedi

As we know Gray Jedi are Jedi that left the Order that had a troubled History with the Order or a Jedi still in the Order that is a Mavrick and likes to do things his or her own way.

Gray Jedi are also known to use Dark Force Powers...

I would like to Compile a CANON list of Gray Jedi in the Star Wars Universe..I will make my list..and if any of you wish to contribute or make suggestions to edit the list..please do so.

List of Gray Jedi
--------------------
Jolee Bindo

Kreia

Kyle Katarn

Kyp Durron

Nejaa Halcyon

Qui Gon Jinn

Quilan Vos

The Exile

Cade Skywalker

"I see more Grey than Light or Dark now days." - Jolee Bindo

"I will do what I must Obi-Wan." - Qui-Gon-Jinn

Last edited by MasterAshenVor on Oct 13th, 2008 at 11:57 PM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 11:50 PM
Click here to Send MasterAshenVor a Private Message Find more posts by MasterAshenVor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Revan could be considered a Gray and Cade Skywalker imo is one too.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 11:54 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterAshenVor
Grey Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Revan could be considered a Gray and Cade Skywalker imo is one too.

Yes..I agree with your asumption of Cade...but Revan is a controversial issue among most people...so ill need some people at least Five telling me that Revan is one before i add him

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 11:56 PM
Click here to Send MasterAshenVor a Private Message Find more posts by MasterAshenVor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterAshenVor
Grey Jedi

Also

Also may I add that Gray Jedi and Rogue Jedi are the Same Thing...albeit that Rogue Jedi....tend to be protrayed as more...how can I say it....Insain...but they are not..Gray and Rogue Jedi are the Same..

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 12:00 AM
truejedi

Vergere was one... but Kreia was unquestionably a sith. she wouldn't go on a list like this.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 03:15 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

aura sing? maybe?

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 03:41 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Revan can't be tagged as Grey yet. He certainly seemed Dark when he was a Sith, but then we have Kreia's little line about him "not actually falling."

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 05:55 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gray Jedi do not exist. It is a mistaken view stemming from Qui-Gon's disagreement on viewpoints with the Council. He is a Renegade who breaks the rules, but he is unmistakeably aligned with the Jedi, the Republic, and the Light Side.

Jolee Bindo can choose to reject a side of the Force all he likes, but he is still a Jedi and still fights for the good guys.

Kreia is a Sith Lord. No.

Kyle Katarn has issues dipping into the Dark Side for power, but the canon ending for Jedi Knight is that he chose the Light Side. For Jedi Outcast, Kyle Katarn is falling to the Dark Side before pulling himself back to the Light but retains his ability to use Lightning, which has been retconned by the Jedi vs. Sith Guide as being accessible to Jedi without falling (though I think that is slightly silly, but there you go).

Kyp Durron fell to Kun's manipulations and was redeemed.

Nejaa Halcyon? Jedi Master, disappeared upon death, indicating Light Side status. I don't see anything indicating Gray.

Qui-Gon Jinn was not Gray. He disagreed with the views of the Council. That is all. See what I said above.

Quinlan Vos also has issues, like Kyle, in dabbling with the Dark Side. But he is redeemed every time (that damn revolving door policy...)

The Exile and Revan do not qualify; canonically, the Light Side ending is followed, making them good guys and Light Siders.

Cade Skywalker is falling to the Dark Side, one outraged burst at a time. Only a matter of time before he will need to be redeemed...

Aurra Sing is a Dark Jedi, no mistaking that. She's evil, kills Jedi (sometimes not even because of a bounty), and relies on her hatred for power.

Vergere, due to her sowing the seeds of corruption of Krayt and Caedus, and temporarily studying under Palpatine, I would qualify as a Dark Sider. Or redeemed, I guess. Hard to tell with her, but there is no in between.

Last edited by REXXXX on Oct 14th, 2008 at 06:36 AM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 06:33 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

hmm what about ulic? you know, after being cut off? or right before? no chosen path...

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 07:11 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

He redeemed himself after being cut off; he may not have used the Force, but he returned to the Light as far as his morals and soul were concerned. Remember that he vanishes, which is a Light Side trait.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 07:25 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

For convenience, the term Grey Jedi is applied. It's a bit of an oxymoron, but whatever. They're "grey" in that they fall in to that muddy no-man's land between serving the Jedi and the Light and being a slave to the Sith and the Dark. They don't adhere to strict Jedi dogma, but don't give in to their emotions and desires. Yet for all that, their moral and political allignment seems to be ultimately towards the Jedi.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 08:22 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

In that case, I just don't think Gray is a fitting term. Renegade describes them better; they rebel against the usual rules and traditions of the Jedi in order to serve justice on their own terms (while still obeying the law, of course!). But yes, those definitely exist. Just look at Qui-Gon.

Gray gets slung about as 'using both sides of the Force.' That is the concept that I find ridiculous.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 08:41 AM
MadMel
Heh

Xanatos, Qui Gon's former apprentice from the jedi apprentice series..
as far as i know he's canon, but he might be too evil to fit in the "grey" category erm

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 09:04 AM
Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterAshenVor
Grey Jedi

Originally posted by Captain REX
Gray Jedi do not exist. It is a mistaken view stemming from Qui-Gon's disagreement on viewpoints with the Council. He is a Renegade who breaks the rules, but he is unmistakeably aligned with the Jedi, the Republic, and the Light Side.

Jolee Bindo can choose to reject a side of the Force all he likes, but he is still a Jedi and still fights for the good guys.

Kreia is a Sith Lord. No.

Kyle Katarn has issues dipping into the Dark Side for power, but the canon ending for Jedi Knight is that he chose the Light Side. For Jedi Outcast, Kyle Katarn is falling to the Dark Side before pulling himself back to the Light but retains his ability to use Lightning, which has been retconned by the Jedi vs. Sith Guide as being accessible to Jedi without falling (though I think that is slightly silly, but there you go).

Kyp Durron fell to Kun's manipulations and was redeemed.

Nejaa Halcyon? Jedi Master, disappeared upon death, indicating Light Side status. I don't see anything indicating Gray.

Qui-Gon Jinn was not Gray. He disagreed with the views of the Council. That is all. See what I said above.

Quinlan Vos also has issues, like Kyle, in dabbling with the Dark Side. But he is redeemed every time (that damn revolving door policy...)

The Exile and Revan do not qualify; canonically, the Light Side ending is followed, making them good guys and Light Siders.

Cade Skywalker is falling to the Dark Side, one outraged burst at a time. Only a matter of time before he will need to be redeemed...

Aurra Sing is a Dark Jedi, no mistaking that. She's evil, kills Jedi (sometimes not even because of a bounty), and relies on her hatred for power.

Vergere, due to her sowing the seeds of corruption of Krayt and Caedus, and temporarily studying under Palpatine, I would qualify as a Dark Sider. Or redeemed, I guess. Hard to tell with her, but there is no in between.

Ummm....Dude....read my description of Grey\Rogue Jedi....YOU JUST HELPED MY POINT.

Last edited by MasterAshenVor on Oct 14th, 2008 at 10:33 AM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 10:27 AM
MasterAshenVor
Grey Jedi

List of Gray Jedi
--------------------
Jolee Bindo

Vergere

Kyle Katarn

Kyp Durron

Nejaa Halcyon

Qui Gon Jinn

Quilan Vos

The Exile

Cade Skywalke

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 10:30 AM
MasterAshenVor
Grey Jedi

Originally posted by Captain REX
In that case, I just don't think Gray is a fitting term. Renegade describes them better; they rebel against the usual rules and traditions of the Jedi in order to serve justice on their own terms (while still obeying the law, of course!). But yes, those definitely exist. Just look at Qui-Gon.

Gray gets slung about as 'using both sides of the Force.' That is the concept that I find ridiculous.

Again...READ WHAT I TYPED...Rogue\Gray JEDI ARE THE SAME o.o....except one is depicted to be more rebellious than the other...but they are essentially the same....

And them useing BOTH sides of the force is just an indication...We are talking about their belifs and their ability or not to follow rules...

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 10:32 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

is this not similar to the "lost twenty" anyway?...Jedi masters who have left the order...if so then Dooku can be counted among them...at least for a short time between leaving the order and becoming tyrannus

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 10:33 AM
Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Tangible God
For convenience, the term Grey Jedi is applied. It's a bit of an oxymoron, but whatever. They're "grey" in that they fall in to that muddy no-man's land between serving the Jedi and the Light and being a slave to the Sith and the Dark. They don't adhere to strict Jedi dogma, but don't give in to their emotions and desires. Yet for all that, their moral and political allignment seems to be ultimately towards the Jedi.

It's not for 'convenience', it is an adolescent term made up by 'cool' wannabes who like the idea of having all the cool Dark Side powers (or at least motivations) but without the moral implications, and trying to get a healthy dose of trying to make out that they are not slaves to whatever they define as 'Jedi dogma', another rather silly term. The fact that the Council was 100% right about pretty much everything in the films doesn't enter into their mentality- it all comes down to them simply not wanting to take orders from anyone, which shows a certain amount of ill-thinking in of itself. Listen to those much older, wiser, more sensible and more experienced than me? Oh no, that's only for Light Side losers. I'm a GRAY Jedi, me. Yeah, that's better, isn't it?

It's all part of the "I don't play by anyone else's rules..." mentality that really irritates. And you just know that any KOTOR MMO is going to be filled to the brim with the likes of this, making it useless at a stroke. The mentality for most behind the Gray jedi concept is simple selfishness, which is as quick a way to the Dark Side as any.

It is, without doubt, one of the most feeble concepts in Star Wars fandom. If it ever could have had any reasonable use, it has been irredeemably sullied by the way it has been generally used.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 14th, 2008 at 10:44 AM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 10:33 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Ushgarak
It's not for 'convenience', it is an adolescent term made up by 'cool' wannabes who like the idea of having all the cool Dark Side powers (or at least motivations) but without the moral implications, and trying to get a healthy dose of trying to make out that they are not slaves to whatever they define as 'Jedi dogma', another rather silly term. The fact that the Council was 100% right about pretty much everything in the films doesn't enter into their mentality- it all comes down to them simply not wanting to take orders from anyone, which shows a certain amount of ill-thinking in of itself. Listen to those much older, wiser, more sensible and more experienced than me? Oh no, that's only for Light Side losers. I'm a GRAY Jedi, me. Yeah, that's better, isn't it?

It's all part of the "I don't play by anyone else's rules..." mentality that really irritates. And you just know that any KOTOR MMO is going to be filled to the brim with the likes of this, making it useless at a stroke. The mentality for most behind the Gray jedi concept is simple selfishness, which is as quick a way to the Dark Side as any.

It is, without doubt, one of the most feeble concepts in Star Wars fandom. If it ever could have had any reasonable use, it has been irredeemably sullied by the way it has been generally used.
Well someone's got a chip. "Grey" is a word, not a CGI TV series. Don't get so worked up.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 06:04 PM
MasterAshenVor
Grey Jedi

Originally posted by Ushgarak

Wow...err..ummm....Im sorry? lol

ALL DAH HATE!! NO HATEIN!! SAY NO TO DAH HATE!! ITZ DAH PATH TWORDS DAH DARK SIDEZ!!!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 10:13 PM