KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Orinda Campaign

The Orinda Campaign
Started by: Gideon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Orinda Campaign

For those unaware, the Orinda campaign was the last major offensive conducted by the Imperial Remnant against the New Republic. It was initially successful and pit Gilad Pellaeon against two of the Republic's best and brightest: Wedge Antilles and Ackbar.

Surprisingly, he manages to best both of them at least once. It was mentioned a couple of times in the New Essential Chronology. In a Wizards of the Coast supplement, it is also revealed that Pellaeon sent envoys to Dathomir to persuade the Nightsisters to join the Empire as an elite cadre of Force-wielding combatants, though it was foiled by an ex-Jedi and Kir Kanos, a former Imperial Guardsman.

With all of the new books and comics being churned out by LFL, would anyone look forward to a stand alone or trilogy depicting the Orinda campaign?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2008 11:02 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

That, actually, would be fairly interesting to read. The final days of the Remnant's offensive of the Republic under Pellaeon...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 12:52 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

...It'd be like putting out a book about Jesus. We know how it ends already.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 01:03 AM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your point?

I guess since the Legacy comics have been released, there's no reason to have made Legacy of the Force. Since we knew how the original trilogy ended, we had no reason to create the prequels.

Christ, Enyalus, what the hell has happened to your cache of common sense?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 01:21 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

it would be refreshing to read something where luke isn't all powerful, and where the enemy is the empire again, not some souped-up force user, enhanced beyond the ridiculous. Don't let Karen Traviss write any of it, or it will be revealed that Pelleon actually had nothing to do with his victories, Boba won them.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 02:57 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Matthew Stover would be out of his element, I'd imagine, given that there is no deep Sith or Jedi philosophy at play. Perhaps James Luceno would be ideal to write it.

And it would go a long way to balancing out Pellaeon's victory/retreat ratio.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 03:05 AM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gideon
Christ, Enyalus, what the hell has happened to your cache of common sense?

I sold it for cheap hookers in the form of Boog's sisters.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 03:42 AM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would call that "desperate", but imagining the appearance and relative personality of Booger's sisters is something I'd rather not dwell on.

A cruel person would make a joke about involuntary euthanization.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 03:45 AM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

I would call that "desperate", but imagining the appearance and relative personality of Booger's sisters is something I'd rather not dwell on.

Hey don't go bashing my inventory.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 03:49 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Okay, I have a more logical explanation: I've been dealing with certain people in the Comic Book Versus Forum...which make the noobs in this subforum look like Einstein.

...And Boog's sisters.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 03:54 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Hurrah, I look like einstein!

Wait... *checks on Google* Einstein was puggly!! That's an insult!!! Why I oughta....... rip out your eyes and shove them up your butt so you can watch me kicking yo ass!!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 10:48 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Exodus, you aren't gangsta.

And what people were you dealin' with, Enyalus? Jesus, I spent, like, two days on the comic book versus forum. I ran away. What I found was scary.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 01:43 PM
Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Ohhh, I'm a likle gansta... *shuffles feet*

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 01:59 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Master Crimzon
And what people were you dealin' with, Enyalus? Jesus, I spent, like, two days on the comic book versus forum. I ran away. What I found was scary.

Fangirl, The Great Galen, skygunner41 (or something)...other morons. *shrugs*

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 02:23 PM
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

What's the debate? Is it the typical "Lulz PIS!!111!!!" shit going on?

Btw, I'm replying to your post on the Asajj Ventress/Maul vs. Dooku thread now. Gimme a few minutes.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 02:28 PM
Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

What's the debate? Is it the typical "Lulz PIS!!111!!!" shit going on?

There were numerous debates in which they were idiots. Specifically "The Presence vs. Thanos w/ HOTI" thread. DC fanboys, and all.

Btw, I'm replying to your post on the Asajj Ventress/Maul vs. Dooku thread now. Gimme a few minutes.

I don't even really care. I've said why they'll win. Anything else is practically going in circles.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 02:43 PM
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Originally posted by Enyalus

There were numerous debates in which they were idiots. Specifically "The Presence vs. Thanos w/ HOTI" thread. DC fanboys, and all.

Lol. I prefer Marvel, too, but honestly, you should have seen some stuff on the Punisher vs. Joker thread that got closed down. While I have a feeling you'll think that Puni would win, most people there stated their reasons as something like "Batman doesn't kill Joker ergo anyone who kills can beat the Joker!!111!!". BULLSHIT.

Originally posted by Enyalus
I don't even really care. I've said why they'll win. Anything else is practically going in circles.

Hey, I can not post if you like. mad

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 02:47 PM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

big grin

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 03:08 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Get back to discussion of the Orinda campaign. Pellaeon is above our spam.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 08:47 PM
truejedi

lol, Pellaeon is just plain above all of us now, thanks to karen freaking traviss... (every time you mention pellaeon, i hate her more, thats why i keep bringing her up)
I was thinking the other day: does Troy Denning do the best combat scenes? I was re-reading fury, and the fight between Caedus and Luke was one of the most descriptive i've seen.
Stover does more of a metaphorical fight description as evidenced in ROTS. His fight description lacks the details that Denning had.

I admit i didn't used to pay much attention to WHO wrote the book i was reading until LOTF, so i don't remember critiquing the older books in quite the same manner, does anyone else remember enough to agree or disagree with the above assessment?

and if that holds, then a book that is more about the empire, and pelleon should be written by stover, b/c we don't need the description of hand-tohand combat from denning.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 09:15 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote