KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » which is the most powerful saber crystal

which is the most powerful saber crystal
Started by: beast1234

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
beast1234

which is the most powerful saber crystal

what is the most powerful saber crystal

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 09:38 PM
Click here to Send beast1234 a Private Message Find more posts by beast1234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

red cuz its cooler.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 10:17 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Red. Red crystals have a small possibility to short out the blade of a Jedi. It's only been documented as happening twice, though. This is according to JvS.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Vader

Red. I like Qixoni.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2008 11:56 AM
Click here to Send Ultimate Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

There's other crystals besides just the coloured ones.

Geez, did that sound racist.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 01:09 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Vader

Racist for crystals? Well, that's something.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 01:32 AM
Click here to Send Ultimate Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rabidd909
The Revanchist

Colored crystals rarely have any affect on the performance of a lightsaber. But two other crystals can be placed in a lightsaber hilt that do not affect color but affect performace and give unusual properties. Like the potential to short out another saber, to narrow or widen the blade, or to allow the blade to fuction under-water.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 02:43 AM
Click here to Send rabidd909 a Private Message Find more posts by rabidd909 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

is the 3 crystal system confirmed anywhere other than Kotor?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 04:13 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rabidd909
The Revanchist

I read it on wookieepedia, im not sure how reliable it is.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 04:50 AM
Click here to Send rabidd909 a Private Message Find more posts by rabidd909 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

wookipedia would get its information from kotor, so its kinda beside the point. You can't truly use wookipedia as a source here. If you want to go find the source that wookipedi is referring to, and then post THAT, that's great, we will accept that. But why should i listen to a website that i can go change to say the opposite of what you claimed?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 05:11 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rabidd909
The Revanchist

true, I found nothing to back up my post but how does kit fisto get his saber to stay on underwater? its not his color crystal.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 06:38 AM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

theres krayt dragon pearls and shit too. i think its basically an unknown.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 07:15 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Uh, hi... the Force.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 08:13 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Wookieepedia is constantly moderated and anything you edit in is edited out and taken into discussion if it is at all relevant. Usually the mods know what they are talking about and just remove nonsense edits that are clearly to turn viewpoint, truejedi.

I don't know much about crystals other than them being a gaming mechanic for KOTOR for different bonuses and penalties. Other than small lightsaber modifications- such as narrow-blade or underwater-use- I don't think it is all that important.

Though there is the red lightsaber short-out mentioned.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 08:17 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

I'd be surprised is a 'special' crystal was needed for underwater use- wouldn't the lightsaber casing just have to be watertight? Also, the problems that arise when a bar of pure energy is immersed in water seem to be insurmountable. The Obi/Asajj fight never made much sense if they were truly submerged- why wouldn't their lightsabers simply boil the water around them until the power pack shorted out?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 10:25 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Vader

Hm... I think that's one from many SW flaws.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 11:16 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It's a special crystal....

... says wookieepedia

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 12:19 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

It doesn't make much sense, but eh, it's science fiction and it's Star Wars. Lots of things don't make much sense at this point.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 06:25 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Rex, i'm actually just asking for the source that the wookipedia took its info from, i agree that it is accurate pretty consistently. I think asking for a source is fair though, because wookipedia, as of itself isn't canon.

Obvious fallacies would be corrected, true, but would an opinion be corrected, if close to correct? If a wookipedia article writer put in that sidious defeated yoda, and another writer came along and wrote that they stalemated, which story would the mod go with? he/she would have to choose, and then wookipedia would officially have an opinion in it. Thats why i would ask for a source.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 09:36 PM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Waterproof lightsabers require two crystals, and they work on a 'bifurcating cyclical-ignition' pulse, as that allows for continuous use in rainfall as well as underwater.

So says Kit Fisto.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 10:24 PM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote